[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Will TERA every be like the old days?

It used to take a lot longer to reach level 60 or 65, I remember having to form a party just to take down Basilisk in the lower areas and wiping in the dungeons. Now you just get to 65 in a day or two.

The thing I miss most of all though is probably the old Island of Dawn.

Answers

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, you want to be bad at Tera again?
  • I mean it just no longer feels meaningful because you reach end-game so fast.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    no, because video game never back to beta or vanilla or version 1

anyway with level 65, new enchant system, and so many new class and revamp they cant back as before
  • I just figured maybe someday they can make it a little more difficult to level up.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    people level up in dungeon, not in open area ;)
  • EsileCor wrote: »
    I just figured maybe someday they can make it a little more difficult to level up.

After you have ran the same content 4 or 5 times, you may understand why people would not want that content to take longer.
  • I would love to have a legacy server with an old build on it <3
    Even if its just for a few months to see the old IoD and other questing area's again
  • Babbelsim wrote: »
    I would love to have a legacy server with an old build on it <3
    Even if its just for a few months to see the old IoD and other questing area's again

One of my biggest regrets in TERA was taking so long to level. The forums were whining nonstop about lack of any endgame content, so I took my sweet time leveling like 6 classes simultaneously. Hit 60 on all of them just a couple weeks before QoA2 patch. Pretty much missed the whole BTHM and FOK HM experience, but I was lucky enough to be in a guild that carried me on some farm runs. At least I got to see it while it was current but just barely.
  • EsileCor wrote: »
    I just figured maybe someday they can make it a little more difficult to level up.

It's not going to happen for a variety of reasons. Leveling is a huge barrier to entry for new players who are recruited to the game by max-level friends. For a F2P game, you want to make it easier for new players to join, not harder. You also want to get them into guilds and in groups with friends because player retention depends heavily on social ties.

Also, in a small game, you need to concentrate the population into certain areas to make sure it feels alive. That's why they do the power hours in battlegrounds, dungeon highlights, and super high exp to push people to lvl 65 quickly.
  • I agree, the original IoD was great. It would be nice if they could weave the rebuilding of IoD into the story somehow. Transfer the BAM quest over to Stepstone Isle after that girl becomes part of the tree.

I remember when I leveled my first character that it took me several weeks to reach 60-65. Back then, there were many times I had to team up with people to complete certain story/zone quest because of the difficulty of the BAMs. When we defeated a BAM, it actually felt like an accomplishment.

I think the problem is the lack of new and revised content. They could add additional story quest or even change up existing dungeons to make leveling up more interesting (how about tying in the sky castles into the story). Having to grind the same sets of BAMs, in the same area, every patch can get pretty boring. It would be nice to at least have the BAMs located in many different locations to take advantage of the existing world (most of it's pretty empty now). For battlegrounds, they could have changing conditions to win (e.g. which team has the most kills within a certain time limit, destroy airships or tanks).

Unfortunately, the focus seams to be on removing and streamlining content to focus on outfits, etc. While this may be good for short term profits, I don't see how you can grow a player base like this. While revising the gearing system was a step in the right direction, it won't matter if no one wants to play the content to gear in the first place.
  • I really didn't like how long it took to level. I joined up when my friends were already cap, and they wanted me to do hard modes with them. However, by the time I hit cap they had already quit. lol. You do the storyline once and it's not even all that good, but if you go through it for all your alts it just becomes so awful. Westonia was the worst part.
  • vkobe wrote: »
    people level up in dungeon, not in open area ;)

ive always and still level up in open areas. also I would love to see them bring back the original island of dawn, even if its just for looks and didn't have any mobs or npcs. bhs really needs to stop removing everything from the game. soon the only thing that will be left in tera is velika, highwatch, and the end game dungeons, and maybe run down island of dawn. they may as well remove the rest of the maps and just start everyone off at level 65.
  • the reason levelling took so long was because you get the most exp from open BAMs area or story quest. unless they have different stories for different class, having to play the same story quest for 16 alts is just boring. at least with this power level, you can get to content that you actually enjoy which is playing the class and figuring out the difference those classes would make in dg. but the old IoD was definitely something I want back. it was much better than the IoD we have now
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

Apply cold water on the burnt area XD
  • Babbelsim wrote: »
    I would love to have a legacy server with an old build on it <3

wish they would return all the old story quests and turn the bams and instance difficulty back up. Also old IoD was better to start than that new BS. They could have just opened a new area and not killed IoD, it's not like there isn't room on the map.
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »

Apply cold water on the burnt area XD

The only is is to the whiners that cried for an easier Tera because they sucked. So basically 90% of the players today as most the good players left for games that are actually a challenge or take a little skill. Even Kritika is harder than Tera now.