[TERA PC] Known issue: Little Red Tokens from the Little Red and the Wolf event have an inventory limit of 999 and if receiving a Vanguard Request reward will raise your token quantity over the limit, you will not be able to receive any of the reward items. We apologize for the inconvenience, but ask that you please exchange tokens prior to completing dungeon Vanguard Requests if you are approaching the inventory limit. Event details: https://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-anniversary-little-red-and-the-wolf
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Progressing way too quickly? Concerned missing content...etc..

Hi! I recently started playing Tera. I made a Popo Mystic and i'm actually liking the class. My main concern is the speed of progression. I'm not familiar with the game, so I don't know if this is abnormal. I'm out leveling areas quickly and I don't see anyone doing quests. In fact most of the time I'm doing Vanguard dungeon queues. I'm concerned I will miss out on story elements in the game, zones, and other stuff. It's ludicrous the speed at which I earn levels and almost everything in my quest log is gray now, including the story quests. I don't even know if I should do the story quests at this point, since they are so way behind. I feel like I'm just blazing through with no concern about content.

The speed is actually confusing me compared to other MMO's I've played. Normally we do quests and such to level up, but it appears that in Tera no one really quests. So I'm reaching out and asking if this abnormal leveling speed is normal and if I would be missing anything by continuing to do vanguard quests? Should I just focus on that? Should I be doing anything important as I level? I'm so lost right now.

Comments

• But should I just avoid quests altogether and do vanguard stuff? It just seems so oddball to me. I suppose I could return to the story later, figured I'd do it while leveling though.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Lvling is boring after 3 char so it was shortened a lot. You can do dungs+story, dungs+vanguards. I prefer second. And story after...to read it normally.
  • Personally, I would power-level until you get to around level 50, then do the story quest only through Dragonfall, up through Ebon Tower. Then see if you can solo-clear Labrynth of Terror. I really enjoyed the story quests in the Argon zones. You'll hit 60 before you're done with them, but the exp requirement for 60-61 is high enough hat you can probably finish all the Argon quests before hitting 61. Then do Manaya's Core.

On your next character, instead of questing in Argon areas, quest through Veritas District and do Baldur's Temple.

I was also going to tell you to make sure to do the Sigil Adstringo dungeon at 47, because it's really beautiful. Alas, it appears to have been removed permanently.

Whatever you do, just make sure you see these dungeons when they're level-appropriate or solo when overleveled:

-Sinestral Manor
    -Cultist's Refuge
    -Ascent of Saravash
    -Ebon Tower
    -Labrynth of Terror
    -Baldur's Temple
    -Manaya's Core
    -Kelsaik's Nest
  • Ryvenn wrote: »
    Personally, I would power-level until you get to around level 50, then do the story quest only through Dragonfall, up through Ebon Tower. Then see if you can solo-clear Labrynth of Terror. I really enjoyed the story quests in the Argon zones. You'll hit 60 before you're done with them, but the exp requirement for 60-61 is high enough hat you can probably finish all the Argon quests before hitting 61. Then do Manaya's Core.

On your next character, instead of questing in Argon areas, quest through Veritas District and do Baldur's Temple.

I was also going to tell you to make sure to do the Sigil Adstringo dungeon at 47, because it's really beautiful. Alas, it appears to have been removed permanently.

Whatever you do, just make sure you see these dungeons when they're level-appropriate or solo when overleveled:

-Sinestral Manor
    -Cultist's Refuge
    -Ascent of Saravash
    -Ebon Tower
    -Labrynth of Terror
    -Baldur's Temple
    -Manaya's Core
    -Kelsaik's Nest

WOW this was extremely helpful! I think I will do just that. I will do what I'm doing until lvl 50, then go back. You mentioned on the second character to go through Veritas District. Is this a completely different area? I thought the Argon quest chain areas was pretty much everywhere. It seems the Argon is a huge part of the game. When they showed a map it looks like it encompasses most of the continents. I'm assuming Veritas is something added after the argon wars? I'm just a little confused. So far btw I seem to be doing the dungeons at level.
  • Xruptor wrote: »
    I thought the Argon quest chain areas was pretty much everywhere. It seems the Argon is a huge part of the game. When they showed a map it looks like it encompasses most of the continents.

While it's true Argons are more or less everywhere, there is a specific story quest chain that deals with them and them only, and those areas look very different (on the map that would be the areas around Kaiator).