Shout out to Spacecats

Okay, I will probably get some trolls up in here but I want to give a shout out to our Comunity Manager Spacecats. I love the Friday streams, I love how he tries to interact with the players and often listens to our feedback. * Side note, thanks to him I am now addicted to Korean spicy noodles Hahaha way to go stream.* I understand the players here are a bit fed up at times, I understand that the game isn't as smooth as it could be and that the events could be better. Having said that, I feel like Spacecats does an amazing job. He's funny, social, and just a big goof. He takes time to answer peoples questions here in the forums and I feel like at times we don't give him the credit he's do. So here's to you Spacecats, thanks for your time, efforts, and social personality. I look forward to another of your paintings.

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats did good for us. Tera might have gone bad over the past year but community has gone even worse.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I will probably get some trolls up in here but I want to give a shout out to our Comunity Manager Spacecats. I love the Friday streams, I love how he tries to interact with the players and often listens to our feedback. * Side note, thanks to him I am now addicted to Korean spicy noodles Hahaha way to go stream.* I understand the players here are a bit fed up at times, I understand that the game isn't as smooth as it could be and that the events could be better. Having said that, I feel like Spacecats does an amazing job. He's funny, social, and just a big goof. He takes time to answer peoples questions here in the forums and I feel like at times we don't give him the credit he's do. So here's to you Spacecats, thanks for your time, efforts, and social personality. I look forward to another of your paintings.

Same.

The little touches--like the cats in HW during the event. I love the sense of humor.
  • Margarethe wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    @Spacecats did good for us. Tera might have gone bad over the past year but community has gone even worse.

Oh my, I wonder why that happen.

Because the community is filled with whiny children who take [filtered] for granted, and nothing is ever good enough for them unless they get free top tier gear or overly priced [filtered]. IT'S FREE EVENTS, not a [filtered] charity case. That's why this community has gotten worse.

>Do something nice.
    >Gets bitched at and meme'd for bad loot because community is too lazy to get it on their own.
    >Endless Cycle.

Quote me on this from playing on LoT and Fey forest for so long.
  • Why did this forum go this way? we are here to say thanks to someone who is doing his job well. Heya space dude, thanks for fixing FF last night. <3 all the best catsy.
  • I was an avid Marvel Heroes player for 4 years, and that gave me a lot of appreciation for Spacecats. Over there, they'd schedule a stream two weeks out, then postpone it for a day like 5 minutes before start time. Then the next day they'd postpone it for another two weeks. Then they'd just cancel it.

Want to know what the last 1.5 years of events were like in that game? Imagine a big, month-long anniversary blowout in TERA. The first week is a 100% leveling xp bonus, except there's a new bug that doesn't let you advance story quests after level 32. Second week is event currency that buys nothing but Guardian armor. Third week is triple drops....in 2-star dungeons only. The grand finale is *all three active at once!*

• edited November 2017
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    Why did this forum go this way? we are here to say thanks to someone who is doing his job well. Heya space dude, thanks for fixing FF last night. <3 all the best catsy.

The server recovery was actually thanks to our Operations crew. Any time a server has trouble, they are alerted to investigate, come rain, sleet, or snow. It's a tough job! I'll relay the "thank you" to them. I know it's sometimes ambiguous when it comes to who exactly tackles which specific problems on the TERA team, mostly because there are people on the team that would prefer not to be in front of a camera or in the forums ;)

Since I'm the one you guys usually see most often I think it's an important reminder that I'm definitely not the only one passionate about making TERA as awesome as it can possibly be - all of En Masse is on board and trust me that they care a great deal about your guys' enjoyment of the game. I try to pass along your feedback, positive or negative, to the folks at EME that it impacts the most.

As for the shout outs on stuff I DO work on - thank you very much, guys. I'll do my best to continue improving in my role. Threads like these are an awesome encouragement and I appreciate the kind words <3 <3 <3

Don't be so down on the TERA community! There are so many awesome players out there that are positive and fun to be around, it would be a shame to forget them even when you see negativity. Not all complaints are bad, many are useful when they're constructive, and even those who are negative are still interested in seeing TERA at its best. Don't forget that we're all fellow players with a common love of the game.
  • I was a bit negative lately because i expected more from the vanguard shop and overall from EME after seeing the twitch developer roadmap and being so enthusiastic about it really believeing that great things will happen just to find out that all the nice changes and especially the vanguard shop ( our bread and butter at level 65 ) will take even 3-4months when it is so important for many of us in game..

Anyway, there were also many great things that happened lately and especially the x3 drop that was really entertaining along with the temporary head wings in the vanguard shop and of course the bunnies and the cats that were seen lately in Highwatch ( we do notice even small things that are added ^^ ) plus other things that overall did make the game much more fun and interesting lately so all in all maybe everything is for the better.

So.. at the very least i want to thank you when i should and of course to wish you good luck against the hordes of cerberi.. as in us the players ^^
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    It took me a while to get used to the new style of BAM event--and I am ashamed to say that if that announcement was on the in-game calander before you left, I didn't see it until you pointed it out in a post after you came back.

BUT once I got used to how this was happening, it was kinda cool. Feel like killing a boss? Go look for it. If you find one form a raid and kill until bored, tired, or just done for now. Drop raid and go do other things. Very counter to how things have been in the past. Would never have considered dropping raid while bosses were still around, except....with this event, there could always be more, and there was so much to do it was literally impossible to take advantage of it all.

I had a tremendous amount of fun. I loved the little touches like the cats and such. The turbo thing, btw, is so amazing when you watch VERGO's health bar peel down like it's the GG tree.

Thank you to everyone who planned and executed this event. Thank you to everyone who donated in such an OP way. Thank you.
  • Margarethe wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »

Oh my, I wonder why that happen.

Because the community is filled with whiny children who take [filtered] for granted, and nothing is ever good enough for them unless they get free top tier gear or overly priced [filtered]. IT'S FREE EVENTS, not a [filtered] charity case. That's why this community has gotten worse.

>Do something nice.
    >Gets bitched at and meme'd for bad loot because community is too lazy to get it on their own.
    >Endless Cycle.

Quote me on this from playing on LoT and Fey forest for so long.

While part of your sentiments towards the community are true, most of the concerns players have are perfectly valid. We all play this game for enjoyment and entertainment and issues that have plagued this game for years still continue. I think this weekend was a change of scenery to the lack of content this game has. Dungeons and battlegrounds were a bit more active than they normally tend to be and I hope more events continue to come. The only times this game is really active is when there is a new patch that people wear out in a few weeks or a major event like this.