[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Will TERA every be like the old days?

Answers

• I think instead of being like old tera, they should do like Blizzard did with Diablo 2 LoD on ladder mode.
    Make the mobs totally random, so where at moment you get a lot of elitests kicking people because they want a certain class and gear for certain dungeons, if mobs were totally random and boss could do different dynamics so every run was totally different, then getting to end content woulde be like playing a new game every run.

But as much chance of that happening as tera going back to way it was..... None at all.
  • Keep dreaming dude. Tera became like this cuz of noobs that dont want to work hard for something. Nowdays people want all for free and fast.
  • I'm surprised EME doesn't revert the leveling system back to the old version. I mean, they'd sell more Level 60 scrolls that way. I understand what OP is saying though, the challenge has been sucked out of the game ever since the bams were nerfed and then avatar weapons were added on top of that. With the correct crystal setup and battle potions, you just have to sneeze and the bam dies. You can play old-style by only using gear and weapons from quests and drops, but it would be rather awkward if you're the only one without an avatar weapon in a dungeon.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    If TERA ever had a server that stopped at like VM1 I would play it in a heartbeat. TERA was so much better when we were at VM1. No stupidly OP classes, PvP was worth doing, Vanarch system, GvG was alive and kicking, leaderboards still existed, 3s was alive.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    problem with tera it is because they remove content, no because they add more contents, so vm1 tera would dying with time without update
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfMaster wrote: »
    The only is is to the whiners that cried for an easier Tera because they sucked. So basically 90% of the players today as most the good players left for games that are actually a challenge or take a little skill. Even Kritika is harder than Tera now.

Tera wasn't harder, it was just more boring as far as levelling is concerned. If you think it was harder, you are either romanticising the pointless running around from an NPC to kill 5 mobs to find another NPC or you were really very bad at it at the time.
  • I like how is now.
  • tera was harder a few years ago before the relic weapons, before foa patch. I remember having to team up with others or be a few levels higher than the bams to be able to kill them. now with the same class, same to no crystals, I can kill bams a few levels higher than me solo playing the same way as I used to. granted just recently, they did buff the bams a little, a little more hp, and knockdown if they hit you, but that's about it.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    tera was harder a few years ago before the relic weapons, before foa patch. I remember having to team up with others or be a few levels higher than the bams to be able to kill them. now with the same class, same to no crystals, I can kill bams a few levels higher than me solo playing the same way as I used to. granted just recently, they did buff the bams a little, a little more hp, and knockdown if they hit you, but that's about it.

And I remember soloing BAMs during p2p time and being bored to tears.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    tera was harder a few years ago before the relic weapons, before foa patch. I remember having to team up with others or be a few levels higher than the bams to be able to kill them. now with the same class, same to no crystals, I can kill bams a few levels higher than me solo playing the same way as I used to. granted just recently, they did buff the bams a little, a little more hp, and knockdown if they hit you, but that's about it.

And I remember soloing BAMs during p2p time and being bored to tears.

then you must be really really bored to the point of uninstalling with the easy ones now lol
  • At least the game encouraged team play for quest completion back then, now you can't even team up to do vanguard bams because the kill will only count for one person in the group.
  • At least the game encouraged team play for quest completion back then, now you can't even team up to do vanguard bams because the kill will only count for one person in the group.

That's exactly what killed BAMs back in the day too, though -- after the initial rush where there were a lot of leveling players, it was impossible to find/create parties to do it, and other than for the personal challenge no one would do it solo. So basically, until avatar weapons came along and the rebalanced the BAMs, they were pretty much taking up space.

But anyway, what I've always said is that they should have two versions of the BAMs, with rewards adjusted accordingly, so that people could choose whether to do it as a group or as individuals. That's probably the best of both worlds. With IoD, it's clear that they couldn't just give people the choice of solo or party with the same BAMs and same BAM quantities and have the rewards balanced the way they are now, so having two options would be the only way.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    LFG for Nakarash... need a tank plz....
  • D4RK3Y3DLYNXD4RK3Y3DLYNX ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    At least the game encouraged team play for quest completion back then, now you can't even team up to do vanguard bams because the kill will only count for one person in the group.

That's exactly what killed BAMs back in the day too, though -- after the initial rush where there were a lot of leveling players, it was impossible to find/create parties to do it, and other than for the personal challenge no one would do it solo. So basically, until avatar weapons came along and the rebalanced the BAMs, they were pretty much taking up space.

But anyway, what I've always said is that they should have two versions of the BAMs, with rewards adjusted accordingly, so that people could choose whether to do it as a group or as individuals. That's probably the best of both worlds. With IoD, it's clear that they couldn't just give people the choice of solo or party with the same BAMs and same BAM quantities and have the rewards balanced the way they are now, so having two options would be the only way.

Hmm, an interesting idea. Perhaps there could be special bams that have the same endurance as dungeon bosses, like a boss naga, ice giant or hydrath (or a completely different bam, people are probably sick of killing those) that need a 5-man party to take down with special once-a-day quest rewards for clearing. That actually sounds like fun.