[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance dowtime on 6/17 at 7pm PDT (2:00 UTC). For more information, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2IoSgVW

Black Friday?

Comments

• Anyway. No Alice Dress so i'm keeping my money. Then again even if they had put up the Alice dress on sale this year it prolly would have been exclusive to a $500 EMP bundle because of its desirability.

I believe it's been stated in the past, but there are no plans to ever make the Alice Dress obtainable in our region due to a bug with the outfit.
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    Winablew wrote: »
    and also for 35,000 EMP Bundle
    how much is that gonna cost?
    Meningitis wrote: »
    My guess would be 300 bucks?

e58ba8a430.png
    This is from the eme discord. The post should update soon if it hasn't already

@Spacecats do you know how to do math this is not 40%?

if you were to spend 1k usd during this event it would be 140k emp if you spend 1k any other time its 120k emp how is this a 40% increase?

even valuing the ''deal'' if you bought 250$ of emp normally it would be 29.4k still not 40% increase

did someone fail math at eme?
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Anyway. No Alice Dress so i'm keeping my money. Then again even if they had put up the Alice dress on sale this year it prolly would have been exclusive to a $500 EMP bundle because of its desirability.

I believe it's been stated in the past, but there are no plans to ever make the Alice Dress obtainable in our region due to a bug with the outfit.

Its also been stated by players that they still want the Alice dress, bugged or not. Also at least be consistent and take out all the scarfs with their flicker bug out of our region as well.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    250 bucks for an elin dress LMAO

no garment boxes? whatta disappointment.
  • edited November 2017
    Wlzard wrote: »
    StarSprite wrote: »
    Meningitis wrote: »
    My guess would be 300 bucks?

e58ba8a430.png
    This is from the eme discord. The post should update soon if it hasn't already

@Spacecats do you know how to do math this is not 40%?

if you were to spend 1k usd during this event it would be 140k emp if you spend 1k any other time its 120k emp how is this a 40% increase?

even valuing the ''deal'' if you bought 250$ of emp normally it would be 29.4k still not 40% increase

did someone fail math at eme?

FWIW, it's correct as written. The bonuses are compared to what it would cost to buy EMP at par ($10 = 1000 EMP). So normally you get 20% bonus over the flat rate (spend $1000, get 120,000 EMP = 20% bonus over 100,000). Now, you get a 40% bonus over the flat rate (spend $1000, get 140,000 EMP = 40% bonus over 100,000). If you want to state it a different way, it's "double the bonus". It's not 40% bonus compared to the already-20% bonus, just like the 20% bonus is not compared to the 15% bonus for 4000 EMP, and so on. It's all compared to base price.
    Anyway. No Alice Dress so i'm keeping my money. Then again even if they had put up the Alice dress on sale this year it prolly would have been exclusive to a $500 EMP bundle because of its desirability.

Then what exactly should non elin players get from buying any of the promotion bundles, especially the 35k bundle? There is no incentive to buy the 35k bundles if your not an elin main, except maybe the extra emp. There are other black Friday deals and discounts for other games and hardware. Why should non elin players bother buying these bundles when the jackpot item is only for elins?
  • Vorlon wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

Then what exactly should non elin players get from buying any of the promotion bundles, especially the 35k bundle? There is no incentive to buy the 35k bundles if your not an elin main, except maybe the extra emp. There are other black Friday deals and discounts for other games and hardware. Why should non elin players bother buying these bundles when the jackpot item is only for elins?

To put it on the broker would seem like the obvious answer.
  • 250 dollars for a garrentie dress. :thinking:
    Do people realized how much 250 is worth?
    So much money....
  • Vorlon wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

To put it on the broker would seem like the obvious answer.

I'm not going to spend money to give elin players an exclusive elin costume. Besides, there nothing to buy from the trade broker that I already don't have or could buy anytime of the year.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    you think 250 is bad try buying EMP with canadian currency.... that's nearly 300 dollars to assure you get an ugly af dress

landlord: "hey you're missing half your rent!!!"
    me: "sorry man spent it on a virtual loli dress"
  • I for one am looking forward to the sale.

Finally I can get the couple of mounts I've had my eye on, a couple of fashions too and then stash stuff away to sale/give away later.

I thought the Elin Costume is cute but I can live without it. I just want to get my bunny mount, maybe some loot pets, and the wedding dress.

Bug? I thought this was a magical dress with a mind of it's own. It had the special ability to flip up depending on the mood it was in. Wasn't this feature intentionally programmed? ;)
  • Mieax wrote: »
    250 dollars for a garrentie dress. :thinking:
    So much money....

I agree that the price doesn't sit right with me for a character-bound costume. But, at the same time and in fairness, it's $250 for the guaranteed dress bundle + 35,000 EMP to spend on other stuff. (Personally, I'm not sure if there's 35,000 EMP worth of stuff I'd want to buy anyway, but I do know from the past that some people did it during Black Friday...)
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mieax wrote: »
    So much money....

I agree that the price doesn't sit right with me for a character-bound costume. But, at the same time and in fairness, it's $250 for the guaranteed dress bundle + 35,000 EMP to spend on other stuff. (Personally, I'm not sure if there's 35,000 EMP worth of stuff I'd want to buy anyway, but I do know from the past that some people did it during Black Friday...)

moreso the idea of dropping 250 (300 for some) on this game at all, especially all at one time, is absolutely ridiculous
  • Ardire wrote: »
    Mieax wrote: »
    So much money....

moreso the idea of dropping 250 (300 for some) on this game at all, especially all at one time, is absolutely ridiculous

I guess you could also use the EMP on other EME games, for people who play more than one... but yeah, I know what you're saying.