[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Black Friday PSA/FAQ

To try to help reduce some likely common forum questions about the Black Friday Sale, I checked with EME on a few things and put together this post. This way, when people ask about stuff over the weekend, I can just link to one place and keep updating it. If you have any questions you think should be added, feel free to post either here or in the questions thread.

Q. What items will be on sale each day?
A. They're not announcing the exact list, but the categories are listed here:
https://store.enmasse.com/black-friday/sales

Q. Is the Cutie Star costume only available by buying EMP during the Black Friday sale?
A. For now, at least, you can only get it either as a purchase reward for the $250 tier, or through the lootboxes you get with other purchase tiers. The lootboxes and the costume (not-yet soulbound) can also be traded in-game. (The sale starts on Friday at 9am PST, so don't buy before then if you want these prizes.)

Q. Is the Cutie Star costume only for Elin? Is it only for one character?
A. It's a one-character costume only for Elin characters that binds on equip.

Q. How do I even get the Cutie Star costume?
A. If you buy EMP over the sale weekend at the $10/$20/$40/$100 tiers, as a purchase bonus you will get Opening Act loot boxes that provide a chance to get a Cutie Star Shopping Spree Box. If you buy EMP over the sale weekend at the $250 tier, as a purchase bonus you will get a guaranteed Cutie Star Shopping Spree Box (no RNG).

Q. What if I don't have any Elins?
A. The prize is only for Elin characters, but if you don't want it you can always trade it on the broker (either now or later). Aside this, there may also be other similarly-themed costumes coming soon that include other female races...

Q. I got the Cutie Star Shopping Spree Box but I can't open it! Why?!
A. It'll become openable after the 30 November patch. Hold onto the box for now.

Q. What are the rewards you get for other EME games?
A. They're listed on the page here:
https://store.enmasse.com/black-friday/emp-deals

Q. What if I haven't yet downloaded or installed the other EME games?
A. IMPORTANT! You have to launch the other EME games within 15 days to get the respective items. You should create a character and enter each game fully to be sure you have them before the time limit.

(Edit: If you want to know how to claim them in the other games, check this.)

Q. What about other questions?
A. EME has an official FAQ here:
http://support.enmasse.com/tera/black-friday-sale-2017

You can also ask here or in the questions thread.

Comments

• I'm very confused about this "cutie star" promotion thingy.

1. is this cutie star costume an "Rng only" obtainable ? or does it come with the lootbox as a set?
    2. why is it at $250 only. I feel its kind of greedy on EME's part. @Spacecats Do you feel proud of that?
    3. Shopping spree boxes and Cutie lootboxes related?

• I feel like these are the things EME should be doing. Like I appreciate that you did it, but why aren't they covering it.
  • edited November 2017
    For the parts I know...
    Jeszalin wrote: »
    1. is this cutie star costume an "Rng only" obtainable ? or does it come with the lootbox as a set?
    If you buy EMP at any tiers $100 or less, you get the lootboxes with a chance (RNG) to get one. If you get the $250 tier, you get the costume outright (without RNG).

Jeszalin wrote: »
    3. Shopping spree boxes and Cutie lootboxes related?
    The "Opening Act loot box" has a chance to get a "Elin Cutie Star Shopping Spree Box", which contains the costume + accessory.

As for price, my guess is that they think the value is in what you get from the combination of all their games (and the sales on the EMP you get), but... it's their call... Wouldn't be my preference.

JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    I feel like these are the things EME should be doing. Like I appreciate that you did it, but why aren't they covering it.
    Because I figured, like most American companies, everyone would be in a hurry to get out for Thanksgiving. But not being an American, I've got time. :p (And in fairness most of the information was already there, but I just wanted something on the forums because I remember past years...)
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    I feel like these are the things EME should be doing. Like I appreciate that you did it, but why aren't they covering it.
    Because I figured, like most American companies, everyone would be in a hurry to get out for Thanksgiving. But not being an American, I've got time. :p (And in fairness most of the information was already there, but I just wanted something on the forums because I remember past years...)
    Sure, American companies should also be striving to get information across clearly the first time they present it as well; not throw things together last minute.
  • thank you counterpoint for taking time out to post this.
  • Old costumes are coming back on the 27th? I had just reread the news post.
    Also, would loot boxes be included in the sale?
  • edited November 2017
    Lolitaa wrote: »
    Old costumes are coming back on the 27th? I had just reread the news post.
    They are bringing back the Blackheart/Ultraplasm weapon skins, and Unicorn mounts, but they've been a bit inconsistent in recent years about seasonal rares and retired stuff. Last year they brought some retired stuff back, but not all of it, and not much seasonal stuff. I guess we'll see.

Lolitaa wrote: »
    Also, would loot boxes be included in the sale?
    Yeah, this is clearer here. Lootboxes in the related category will be discounted 33% each day.
  • Thank you for being so helpful with this stuff.
  • I guess only EME staff can answer this but:

Will every costume be on sale?
    -in previous years only the older costumes were on sale and only the really old ones had any sizable discounts
  • I'm just hoping the bunny mounts will be discounted enough for me to get them both. I love them both so dang much
  • I'm just hoping the bunny mounts will be discounted enough for me to get them both. I love them both so dang much

me too! I was hoping to buy them if they're on sale at a nice discount
  • RIP me for buying EMP too early in the morning...
  • I must confess I am sad over the bunnies not having more of a discount. Soul crushing really lol.
  • LatzaLatza ✭✭
    edited May 13
    Comment removed.
  • Why isn't the High On The Hog loot boxes discounted for today's Pet/Mount sale?