[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Class Awakening 2018 ?

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Elure wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    They said classes not included in the awakening hype videos were already balanced in other areas, which makes me think that if the class in question is balanced with talents that only kTera has, then they won't bother giving them any boosts or buffs. I want to believe it's not true, but BHS has done stupid stuff like this in the past so it wouldn't be a huge shock.

Speaking of balance...Screenshot_20171127-125505.png
    Thanks for giving mystics Kaias Shield and a bunch of extra buffs that they didn't need. "We're aware of the problem between mystics and priests" my [filtered]. These people couldn't balance a balancing beam. Every patch. Every patch for two years straight, they've made mystics more desirable than priests. Frankly, I'm expecting them to roll out a "class change coupon" to capitalize on the imbalance so they won't have to bother fixing it.

do u have the skills for the other classes

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZqcJrkUPaIRfaKZjj445_wtyylqbPHbjnOS8GXs1F44/edit# Lorri Document (may or may not be finished at time of posting)
  • natia wrote: »
    Thanks for giving mystics Kaias Shield and a bunch of extra buffs that they didn't need. "We're aware of the problem between mystics and priests" my [filtered]. These people couldn't balance a balancing beam. Every patch. Every patch for two years straight, they've made mystics more desirable than priests. Frankly, I'm expecting them to roll out a "class change coupon" to capitalize on the imbalance so they won't have to bother fixing it.

LOL I had the same reaction when I saw that. Thanks BHS for giving mystics all the good priest skills and making it even better (perma e-stars, VoC debuff with a longer duration). Now I'm not really sure how the new mystic thrall skill works, but it says it has a cd of 2 seconds. So does this mean you can potentially have perma kaias + the buffs from ToV and ToW? Wow that's super great and balanced, thanks BHS! =)

But yay! At least priests get a dps buff for their skills. Nice, now instead of dealing 10k/s we can do 20k/s wow! amazing! balanced! I also hope the hp regen on triple nem is like a glyph or something otherwise priests can't be on slaying runs. lol as if people even take priests on score runs already

Priests get the potential to give 32 power, and 0.2 crit power ( from the new skills) . Also have alot of interesting pvp skills, like reducing damage and such.
    Also, the thrall of protection cooldown is increase, Story had it ( with gears) at 38 seconds cooldown.
  • DGWolfieDGWolfie ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Regarding Zerkers,
    Any news for Zerk tanks, or is that like 'reaaaaallly' dead at that point.

Mainly because I still see it as viable, but im curious to see if they could possibly make it so that in intimidation, the 'berserk' buff could give damage reduction and instead of 'back' damage it'd give 'front' damage.
  • DGWolfie wrote: »
    Regarding Zerkers,
    Any news for Zerk tanks, or is that like 'reaaaaallly' dead at that point.

Mainly because I still see it as viable, but im curious to see if they could possibly make it so that in intimidation, the 'berserk' buff could give damage reduction and instead of 'back' damage it'd give 'front' damage.

Hah, yeah no, zerk tank is pretty dead. The new update with the awakening patch adds:
    Berserk, which makes it so you can't block, and all your hits are back-hits which wont help as a tank that uses front-crit rolls.
    Cyclone Typhoon, which allows you to double/triple/quadruple cast cyclone, that skill that you can't use in tank stance.

Tank zerker was never really a thing, it was only used by people who were really into being a sub-par lancer. Punishing strike is just a worse shield barrage, raze>flatten is just a replacement for spring attack>wallop and charge skills are a horrible idea for tanks.
    To top it off, zerk tank has no party buffs and no enrage, basically making it so your party is 3 DPS, but instead of a tank you got a really crappy zerker that doesn't deal much damage.

The only reason it was added in the first place was because everyone at the time was complaining about only having 2 tank classes, and zerker was severely lacking in mobility and survivability at the time, so shoving a few new skills on it to make it a tank and add some mobility was the easy fix. The only good thing zerker tank has ever done for the game is that zerkers got a charge skill and second dodge.
  • Vinyltails wrote: »
    Elure wrote: »
    They said classes not included in the awakening hype videos were already balanced in other areas, which makes me think that if the class in question is balanced with talents that only kTera has, then they won't bother giving them any boosts or buffs. I want to believe it's not true, but BHS has done stupid stuff like this in the past so it wouldn't be a huge shock.

Speaking of balance...Screenshot_20171127-125505.png

do u have the skills for the other classes

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZqcJrkUPaIRfaKZjj445_wtyylqbPHbjnOS8GXs1F44/edit# Lorri Document (may or may not be finished at time of posting)

thank u
  • Hah, yeah no, zerk tank is pretty dead. The new update with the awakening patch adds:
    Berserk, which makes it so you can't block, and all your hits are back-hits which wont help as a tank that uses front-crit rolls.
    Cyclone Typhoon, which allows you to double/triple/quadruple cast cyclone, that skill that you can't use in tank stance.

Tank zerker was never really a thing, it was only used by people who were really into being a sub-par lancer. Punishing strike is just a worse shield barrage, raze>flatten is just a replacement for spring attack>wallop and charge skills are a horrible idea for tanks.
    To top it off, zerk tank has no party buffs and no enrage, basically making it so your party is 3 DPS, but instead of a tank you got a really crappy zerker that doesn't deal much damage.

The only reason it was added in the first place was because everyone at the time was complaining about only having 2 tank classes, and zerker was severely lacking in mobility and survivability at the time, so shoving a few new skills on it to make it a tank and add some mobility was the easy fix. The only good thing zerker tank has ever done for the game is that zerkers got a charge skill and second dodge.

Funny enough yes, that is true, however they are still strong nonetheless.
    The issue with zerk tank is no one knows 'how' to play it.. as an experienced Zerk tank and Lancer main. I found the fun and challenge with Zerker just because of its kit. Ive seen bad zerk tanks who cannot hold aggro for anything, then theres lancers who say their good.. but dont debilitate within the first 30 seconds of the fight.

Its essentially on par with brawler except of the 2 one of them can face roll a key board, the other one has to play at their best. Which in turn makes it fun and challenging.
    If possible, all I want to know is 'if' it can be used in intimidation stance. Zerkers already hit hard no matter what so the frontal damage isnt that big of an issue. If all hits 'hit' its still an extra big dps for us.
  • wowwwwwwwwww
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    DGWolfie wrote: »
    Its essentially on par with brawler except of the 2 one of them can face roll a key board, the other one has to play at their best. Which in turn makes it fun and challenging.
    If possible, all I want to know is 'if' it can be used in intimidation stance. Zerkers already hit hard no matter what so the frontal damage isnt that big of an issue. If all hits 'hit' its still an extra big dps for us.

Chances are it can be used in D-stance, but it would also probably 100% kill you to do so as a tank. From the footage I've seen you can't block or dodge while it's active, and all the abilities during it mostly root you in place. So you would have to face-tank all the damage from the boss for 24 seconds, along with the 3k damage per skill cast, so around 6-9k damage a second before factoring boss damage. No healer would be able to out-heal that on pretty much any endgame boss.
  • DGWolfieDGWolfie ✭✭
    edited November 2017

Chances are it can be used in D-stance, but it would also probably 100% kill you to do so as a tank. From the footage I've seen you can't block or dodge while it's active, and all the abilities during it mostly root you in place. So you would have to face-tank all the damage from the boss for 24 seconds, along with the 3k damage per skill cast, so around 6-9k damage a second before factoring boss damage. No healer would be able to out-heal that on pretty much any endgame boss.

Well there is that, however I had a theory on this. And If its true, then Amani zerk tanks are the only 'true' viable ones for it. Basically achieve 100% damage reduction, when the boss is enraged, that's your chance to use that.
    In my head all hits youll be taken during this 'enraged berserk' time would literally be 0. Thus! Allowing you to basically 'not pop dead.'

So Im wondering if its viable and I definitely want to test. Cuz if so. Holy hell it'd be awesome XD

• does anyone have pictures of the other new hairstyles not in the linked document ?
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    natia wrote: »
    So does this mean you can potentially have perma kaias + the buffs from ToV and ToW? Wow that's super great and balanced, thanks BHS! =)

You didn't really think this through, did you.... And, no, it doesn't mean that at all. And if it did, I'd be more concerned about the 10sec ToW cd you are expecting than the buff from it.

I'm still trying to picture a use for the "party TJ" that doesn't involve a bunch of mystics holding hands and making a run for it in PvP.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beware if you fail 10 times in a row your character will be deleted completely.
  • RIP Ninja's

I'm more looking forward to the the new area's. Maybe a new level cap and some actual new content?

new content would be a relief and not just dungeons and battlegrounds but quests that are more in-depth
  • Have to say I am pretty excited to see lancer. A new skill that makes the character jump in the air, kind of like a 2nd wallop and frontal defense on onslaught, it's like a dream come true.
This discussion has been closed.