[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

Healers, how do you keep your sanity?

Comments

• ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    my favourite is the classic "mystic only" in a party full of valkyries, ah yes.... makes complete sense......

with the upcoming surge of gunners plus with valkyries still being s-tier and seemingly will remain so for some time you'd think the power-boosting priest would be more popular if folk could stop and think for a sec instead of bandwagoning

but w/e my dps-obsessed rear still loves kaia's and everything it lets me ignore so i can continue rolling my face against the keyboard without a single worry
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »
    my favourite is the classic "mystic only" in a party full of valkyries, ah yes.... makes complete sense......

with the upcoming surge of gunners plus with valkyries still being s-tier and seemingly will remain so for some time you'd think the power-boosting priest would be more popular if folk could stop and think for a sec instead of bandwagoning

but w/e my dps-obsessed rear still loves kaia's and everything it lets me ignore so i can continue rolling my face against the keyboard without a single worry

I've seen valks, gunners, and warriors making LFGs asking for mystics only. I'm thinking I'll start taking screenshots to compile a list of these people for laughs in the future. Such is life on CH, where even the trappiest groups in the world demand a mystic.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    You folks forget that contagion exists, which is far more than simply 5% total dps since it's saved for enrage phases. That alone can beat out the 25 extra power. The crit is also nice for Blade Draw and other skills.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    contagion

FeelsBadMan
  • natianatia ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    contagion

FeelsBadMan

This is why NA needs to bring in priest's triple nem crit resist debuff talent from Ktera. Why they refuse to bring the talent system to other regions, yet balance around it is....

and I say the word balance very loosely
  • Ktera guys said priest and mystic gonna be rebalanced.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ktera guys said priest and mystic gonna be rebalanced.

He said they're aware of an imbalance and will look into it, which is what they always say when this sort of thing is brought to their attention. I hope he's not just saying that to say it, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Rant time!

I geared my mystic alt in guardian gear and did rk9 without actually getting hit ever. I must've gotten four achievements in just that first run, on a class I hadn't actually played seriously in half a year. And this was while keeping up debuffs, using CR to restore mana, doing contagion during enrages etc. At one point in the final boss, I went 25m away and ran in circles like an airplane until people needed mana/health again, because I was so bored I would've fallen asleep otherwise. When people died, it was to the s-bomb, but they just got up on their own thanks to vow, so I didn't have to do very much at all except recast thrall of protection which took like, a second. I don't have to aim, I rarely have to be near the boss, the one debuff I have to maintain is a one-tick spell that lasts over 20 seconds, and when people die there's at least a 50% chance I won't have to resurrect them. I could've checked my phone throughout the fight. Mystic is a joke right now, and it's ridiculously unbalanced that a bot healing class outperforms (by several miles) the healer that has to take an active role in the group's safety. I've given up on BHS balancing the healing classes at this point. All they know how to do is tip the scales in one group's favor immensely, while providing no incentive to play the other. There's no point even discussing it here since we all know our complaints go into bluehole's rubbish bin, I just needed to vent. Runs on my priest where I'm actually paying attention to the fight, timing kaias with pushback/deadly mechanics to allow the group time to facetank and dps instead, timing mana charge so the team doesn't run low at crucial moments, etc. end up slower than runs with a mystic who's literally alt tabbed for a chunk of the fight. What a joke.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    natia wrote: »
    contagion

FeelsBadMan

This is why NA needs to bring in priest's triple nem crit resist debuff talent from Ktera. Why they refuse to bring the talent system to other regions, yet balance around it is....

and I say the word balance very loosely

That alone won't even work because Mystics cried about it and got their own crit resist debuff talent which is easier to apply than the TN one because reasons....

Can't wait for the awakening to fully release to show how balance is even more screwed.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    I see.
    Issue is, on most times this does happen, the person cursing the healer is far from perfect as well.
    There are many ways to give advice, assuming the healer speaks english and/or isn't an imbecile.

"Please cleanse before you heal."
    Isn't so hard.
    As you said, we do not start being skilled.
    Guides are important and should be read/studied, but they do not replace experience (as some seem to believe).
    Players can be quite cruel on IMS, I assure you.

What exactly is the difference between a brawler saying "Please cleanse before you heal" after you wiped a party and you, reading the exact same phrase in a guide written by a priest/mystic? How is reading more experience than, well, reading? And if you would be drawing that conclusion because your previous decision wiped the party, why does it matter what the brawler says?
    Yeah, people can be quite cruel...and healers can be quite bad. I watch healers make the same mistake over and over and over again and never pause to think about how they could do it differently. Learning by experience means you do something that doesn't work right and then figuring out how to make it work. Not waiting for the non-healers to teach you how to healer and then getting pissy because they weren't polite enough while they were doing all the thinking for you.
    Should players BM when a dps has a garbage rotation with poor dps?

Have you...read this topic?! I find it unbelievable that you haven't seen dps and tank get yelled at for doing a poor job. The main difference between healers and non-healers in that aspect is that healers are far more prone to whine on the forums every time that happens. You even say "DPS being stupid is quite common" in this very post but I guess that's not BMing, is it?
    Again, not defending in any way if the healer makes the same mistake over and over again.

Which would be the case when a party goes hard on the healer. The people who'd insult for 1 mistake are remarkably rare. You'd have to be the unluckiest person ever to keep running into those people all the time. So, no, I'm not going to believe that all these healers just make small mistakes every now and then yet get abused constantly. In more than 5 years of playing Tera(and nearly 10 years as an MMO healer), I have not met a single healer who was generally good and yet suffered so much. I have however met plenty of terrible healers who like to pretend everything people say to them is just "always blame the healer".
    Edit:
    There are also the tanks that position the boss in a manner all dps (if not the tank itself) are in hazard.
    Healers are expected to cover for the tank mistakes and the dps' mistakes, there's no one to cover for our mistakes.

Yes, that'd be the job description. We exist exclusively to SUPPORT others. It means we have far less space to make mistakes but it also means we have the comforts of choosing when, what and where which drastically reduces the chance to make a mistake.
    Basically, have the minimum level of respect to the other players when running a dungeon.

I consider it disrespectful to go in a dungeon on a high "I'm a healer" horse, do a poor job and demand others to still be nice to you. People will respect you if you earn it. It really is that simple.
  • I cant remember one time where someone in my party yelled at me for my poor job healing.
    Sometimes i get praised which is a huge confidence boost specially if you know you worked hard to keep that particular party alive.

I see more people complaing about the run taking too long cause there is no dps than people whining about the heals.

Sometimes i get annoyed when i see my party members make mistakes after mistakes, but i dont voice myself about that and i wont stop trying hard to keep them alive.
    They may be learning still, and its ok.
    The most i can do in that situation is giving them tips.

What really grind my gears is when someone dies and a second later is already saying "rez?" in chat.
    I get it, you're dead, ill get to you after i top up everyone and know its safe to ress you...
  • I took this topic less serious tbh and I'm sure many people just wanted to share some cringy stories and not actually complain that everyone and their alt is super mean to them. Maybe I misunderstood :sweat_smile:
    But on a serious note, I'm bored while healing no matter the class. On Mystic I have less to do, on Priest I'm just repeating everything over and over and over. And nope, having to time certain abilities doesn't make this class more exciting for me. But that might be because I'm getting bored with TERA in general.

I got yelled at 2-3 times while learning. I was slow because I still had to think about what skills to use and couldn't think ahead. Nowadays, I'm not getting blamed even if I'm not performing ideally.
    I keep my sanity because nowadays I don't mind it anymore if the DPS is standing in the circles, if someone places puddles under their team, if people are having a good time with the tank in the front, or if the tank decides to play punching bag and takes a few hits. It's exciting like this (and funny too tbh). I actually like parties that are a little more challenging than the average run and when I get a 'thank you healer' or 'great heals' after a run like this, it really makes my day! :star:

Even if I dislike someone for whatever reason, I try to do my job just as good because like this, the run is over faster and for me that's way more worth than getting 'revenge' by not healing them and thus making the run even longer.
    Just like the video ("Guide to Healing In MMOs"), we should take it with some humor but actually know our responsibilities :heart:
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Should players BM when a dps has a garbage rotation with poor dps?"

this happens all the time, my guy-- can't tell you how many (usually female played, elin priests) i run into that CONSTANTLY complain about how "slow" runs are if they aren't up to their personal standards. most won't say exactly what the dps are doing wrong (cause they don't know) they just whine and whine "omg so slow" "we have low dps :/" etc etc

and yes i am specifically calling out female elin priest players cause ya'll are so annoying 5 years of ur BS and i am Done
    Wouldn't consider BM, since I'm not mentioning anyone specific.

So, you are allowed to call others stupid, even call an entire group of players stupid behind their backs but nobody can call you stupid to your face. Yeah, no, I don't think so.
    Meant be respectful to the other players in general, not only healers.

What I said still applies.
  • Did a LKHM a few days ago, tank, 2 ranged dps and one slayers. Of course at last boss when "Lilith acts suspicious." I always use corruption ring, I dropped a bunch of motes in the middle for them to pick up if they wanna go in right away. But the slayer rushes in while she's still pulling me and dies later when she finishes and I jaunt to get to them. I loved it when they yelled at me and gave them my heart....but sadly I was rejected.