[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Why so many complaints?`

I've been gaming for a while now. I started mmo's with the original Diablo and have neem going since then and I, for my life, cannot understand all these complaints. I understand the frustration of waiting for patches and maintenance to be over, but I also understand why things can be delayed. The GMS and staff have to make sure everything is running properly. Think about it? they have to make sure drops are working, that the event is running the way it should be, that things aren't glitching out. It takes a lot of work to run an MMO and Tera is one of the larger ones. I am excited about the release just as much as everyone else but please, try to understand they are only delaying it to make sure everything is working.

I just want to thank all of the staff and team, sure sometimes it's a bit frustrating to wait for things but I understand how things can get and how hectic things are. So thank you EME Team .

@Smoreceror @Spacecats @BearShoes @seandynamite @Halrath

To any GMS I didn't tag, it's simply because I am not familiar with your names here.

Comments

• :thinking:
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    I wish we had the hand-clap emoji. Oml it would be used here. (Please add it guys.)

But all the yes. Thanks for this Pinkkitten.
  • While I agree that complaining isn't really useful in this instance, I think the annoyance mostly comes from the fact that eme so consistently misses their targets. If they just said 5 hours and then brought the server up after 3, no complaints.. but saying 3 hours and then delaying an hour, and then delaying another hour.. that causes people to complain. Which really is a small thing to complain about, especially considering it happens with every single update that adds something to the game. People should be used to this by now.
  • While I agree that complaining isn't really useful in this instance, I think the annoyance mostly comes from the fact that eme so consistently misses their targets. If they just said 5 hours and then brought the server up after 3, no complaints.. but saying 3 hours and then delaying an hour, and then delaying another hour.. that causes people to complain. Which really is a small thing to complain about, especially considering it happens with every single update that adds something to the game. People should be used to this by now.

Understandable, but there are other games that have this issue too. One time, on a game I played ( Jade Dynasty.) the maintenance was extended 24 hours. It happens, it stinks when it does but it does sadly happen. Eme has missed the target sure, but they also call it an ETA. ( Estimated Time of Arrival.) It's simply that. An Estimate, that could be done sooner or could be done later. I couldn't begin to imagine the bugs they actually have to fix with every large update.
  • dont they have test servers? Also ive been here in tera for 4 years and ive seen the worse of the worse of when patches get implemented. Timing wise this is close to ninjas patch, but correct me ninja themselves where a whole new class to begin with. Honestly i have to wait to see when i can get on to actually see if its worser then the ninja one. you know, the one that people couldnt long on for weeks and had a major ping increass to alot of people and still to this day doesnt runt he same. '3'
  • The point, though, is that they do it with every update. A one time delay on something is understandable, but it's not a one time thing in eme's case. It's an every time thing, and that gets frustrating quickly when people want to play as soon as the servers are up. If 1000 people come on at exactly 11am pst to play, eme says "come back in an hour" and that wastes 3 minutes of time for each person checking, that's 50 HOURS eme just wasted effectively. Then at noon, they put up a message that says "come back in an hour" which wastes another 3 minutes of time for each person checking. 100 wasted hours, whereas if they said 5 hours from the start, even if the server is up early it's not wasting people's time.
  • Mieax wrote: »
    dont they have test servers? Also ive been here in tera for 4 years and ive seen the worse of the worse of when patches get implemented. Timing wise this is close to ninjas patch, but correct me ninja themselves where a whole new class to begin with. Honestly i have to wait to see when i can get on to actually see if its worser then the ninja one. you know, the one that people couldnt long on for weeks and had a major ping increass to alot of people and still to this day doesnt runt he same. '3'

Of course, they have Test servers, but just because things run on the test server, does not mean it will run on them all. Think of it like this, during the EME Dream Stream, they were spawning Bams and Bosses across servers. It was the same boss's same bams on all the servers, yet some servers would crash while others remained up and stable. Right now, I'd imagine they are making sure Everything is working across servers.
  • PetasoPetaso ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Mieax wrote: »
    dont they have test servers? Also ive been here in tera for 4 years and ive seen the worse of the worse of when patches get implemented. Timing wise this is close to ninjas patch, but correct me ninja themselves where a whole new class to begin with. Honestly i have to wait to see when i can get on to actually see if its worser then the ninja one. you know, the one that people couldnt long on for weeks and had a major ping increass to alot of people and still to this day doesnt runt he same. '3'

Must have been the routing, for the servers are the pinnacle of evolution at any time.

This type of evolution?
    https://pre00.deviantart.net/0d15/th/pre/i/2016/283/f/d/mega_garbodor___pure_stealth_rock_eating_garbage_by_sparrowscant-dakkb27.png

:: Edit :: just refreased and pink replied:::
    You sound very confident, do you not remeber the ninja patch? Also we got this patch 2 weeks after eu,that shoudl be plenty of tiem to actually make things work. Also honestly when theres any sort of problatic issues that happen in tera theres always a person who kisses their butts and "forgets" how long enmass has publishing tera in Na, 5 years. Shouldn't that give them plenty of time to advance in the ways they where doing things previously?
  • I've been gaming for a while now. I started mmo's with the original Diablo and have neem going since then and I, for my life, cannot understand all these complaints. I understand the frustration of waiting for patches and maintenance to be over, but I also understand why things can be delayed. The GMS and staff have to make sure everything is running properly. Think about it? they have to make sure drops are working, that the event is running the way it should be, that things aren't glitching out. It takes a lot of work to run an MMO and Tera is one of the larger ones. I am excited about the release just as much as everyone else but please, try to understand they are only delaying it to make sure everything is working.

I just want to thank all of the staff and team, sure sometimes it's a bit frustrating to wait for things but I understand how things can get and how hectic things are. So thank you EME Team .

@Smoreceror @Spacecats @BearShoes @seandynamite @Halrath

To any GMS I didn't tag, it's simply because I am not familiar with your names here.

Consider a lot of us have experienced a lot of broken promises, extended maintenances, and miscommunication for events and patches.
    You mention things running properly, while in the relatively recent patches, there are events off turned on when they shouldn't be, things glitching (hell there are still things glitching that they cannot seem to fix), even after the extended maintenances. Yes, some of the complaints are going to an extreme, but for others there are reasons. I'm a little bugged by the double extension specifically, we're used to one extension, but a second is a pain. (We also shouldn't be used to extensions, it means it happens that often on larges patches such as today. They should just overestimate based off the data from the last ton of patches.)
  • What if they are like...

Maintenance crew Boss: "Oh, a complaint! Let's make them wait 10 min+ every time they do that. How about it, mates?"
    Maintenance Crew: LOL

*2 minutes later*

Maintenance crew Boss: "Another one!! Add 10 more minutes, crew!"
    Maintenance Crew: "Yaaaay" "This is sooo fun" "Let's bet how much longer they can get!"

*3min later*

Maintenance Crew random member:
    "Hey boss! There are 3 more complaining!!! Should we add 30min+"
    Boss: "Yeap! And make sure to add another warning about it being pushed to 2pm PST!" *Evil laugh*
    Maintenance Crew: "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

The problem is the no lifers and the most the crybaby millennials (I did say most) that have to have it now and there way. Well this isn't burger king and they don't get it thier way, so suck it up buttercup and go cry in a corner.

Eme is working on it and it will be up soon.
  • servers are up!!
  • The most reasonable complaint ive red too many times in the games ive played over the year is the lack of (useful) information.
    I can understand though why some companys shy away from that option. But to be fair, its not only the toxic players. There are a lot of good questions around that deserves an answer. And once you start talking to your comunity you've had to face those questions. I only know very few games where the comunication was on a fair level, and those had great comunities. Other games have mods or something similar for that purpose. Sometimes awesome, sometimes awful.
    I have to say, i dont like the way im treated as a player in TERA at all informationwise. Most news i hear come from other players that were checking out k-tera or are otherwise engaged in information gathering around the web.
    The mod-forsaken forums are bad, and its even worse ingame.

I think complaints are important (to some degree of course). Its also a measurement on how players are treated by the devs, hosts, mods, whatever. For example, stating the fact that the last 5 classes (reaper, brawler, ninja, gunner and valkrie) are locked to female and one or two races is a reasonable complaint, since there is a lot of love and a lot of hate for that. Its like they just watching numbers. Diversity dies out because of financial reasons.

Yeah, male brawlers... sometimes complaints do work...? Give us popori ninjas and baraka gunners pl0x.
  • Mieax wrote: »
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Mieax wrote: »

Must have been the routing, for the servers are the pinnacle of evolution at any time.

This type of evolution?
    https://pre00.deviantart.net/0d15/th/pre/i/2016/283/f/d/mega_garbodor___pure_stealth_rock_eating_garbage_by_sparrowscant-dakkb27.png

:: Edit :: just refreased and pink replied:::
    You sound very confident, do you not remeber the ninja patch? Also we got this patch 2 weeks after eu,that shoudl be plenty of tiem to actually make things work. Also honestly when theres any sort of problatic issues that happen in tera theres always a person who kisses their butts and "forgets" how long enmass has publishing tera in Na, 5 years. Shouldn't that give them plenty of time to advance in the ways they where doing things previously?

I've been here since Beta, I am fully aware of how things go here. Been here long enough to see it, I also didn't have issues with the Ninja Patch, aware a lot of people did, I wasn't one of them. Like stated, just because something works for Someone else, does not mean it will work for us. I'm not kissing their butt, or forgetting anything. I grasp, how things actually works. Things, happen. There are games that have been running for 10+ years and even they still have patch issues.
  • It's always best to have an expectancy that it may take more time than the usual. This is not just for Tera but for anything in life as well. Not everything is perfect all the time. Things can happen. Some people just have a lack of understanding and it is what it is.

There is so much involved when deploying something so big, that it's never known if there will be an issue. I agree though that a better time stamp should be given. Instead of saying 2 hours, they should add something like "it may be extended" if need be or something like that.

And if you been playing this game for a long time, there should be no reason to come out here and complain since you should know the game plan already. Like I said, things can happen and they usually work behind the scenes to make sure things are good. Just imagine if something is deployed too quickly and then they have to bring the server down again because they found an issue or users found an issue, that makes it worse. Just saying.