The changes to the elin gunner leveling box are extremely unfair.

24

Comments

  • MargaretheMargarethe ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Yesterday, people were opening the box on non-Elin gunners and finding out they couldn't use some of the rewards, and so were complaining to EME. So they change it so that you can only open it on Elin Gunners (as the box intended), and people are finding out they can't use the rewards (unless they create an Elin gunner) and so are complaining to EME. I don't really see a solution to this issue that doesn't just result in one group or another complaining about it.

    the problem it is i took the box by accident on my ninja in item claim, because i didnt create yet my elin gunner, so because this i could not put it in my bank, so i was stuck with, i dont know what is the idea behind to not let us put the box in our bank

    They will most likely move to your gunner if you write a ticket.
    Main issue would be the reply time.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    because at this time we didnt know than the boxes would be stuck with the character we use, so now i am stuck with 6 items i cant delete before 2 weeks
  • The box was intended to encourage people to level up their Elin Gunners, just as we celebrated Ninjas and Valkyries when they were introduced to the game. The fact that other classes could open them to receive any (though not the entire) reward was not an intentional part of the event, but was possible.

    This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.

    To those saying "I don't feel like making an Elin Gunner but I still want the contents," sorry, but this was always intended to reward those leveling their Elin Gunners. Hopefully the rewards you can gain during the event are worth the time it takes to properly unlock them now that things are working as intended.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The box was intended to encourage people to level up their Elin Gunners, just as we celebrated Ninjas and Valkyries when they were introduced to the game. The fact that other classes could open them to receive any (though not the entire) reward was not an intentional part of the event, but was possible.

    This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.

    To those saying "I don't feel like making an Elin Gunner but I still want the contents," sorry, but this was always intended to reward those leveling their Elin Gunners. Hopefully the rewards you can gain during the event are worth the time it takes to properly unlock them now that things are working as intended.

    Basically you're saying "Level up yer Elin Gunner and F other classes coz who need healer and/or tank during leveling."
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.
    I leveling elin gunner but i unfortunately grab this box with my ninja. Well, this box cannot be transferred to my miniGUN. Interesting event, huh.
  • If I am not mistaken, Gameforge for EU (and quite possibly Destiny Games for RU) don't do class-locked levelling events for the reasons that have been outlined in the thread.

    From what I have seen of the last few events, they basically operate with a "You can level one of whatever class you like during the event and get some rewards, but if you level the newly released promo, that character will be mailed some extra goodies". And from what I've seen, that model works. Maybe something to consider for the future?

    And on the point of some of the items included in the boxes (Elite Vouchers, I am looking at you), I am aware that Gameforge does not go anywhere near putting subscription vouchers as rewards from boxes, but instead publish a code that adds X amount of days to your subscription (or makes you a subscriber for X days if not one already) which can only be redeemed once per account. I am aware that EME have done this in the past for compensation over the lag issues over the RMHM release. Maybe this could be something to consider as a method for distributing Elite in a way that can't be abused by creating lots of characters to make subscription vouchers?
  • Who's idea was it to put that box in the item claim, in the first place? That was the silliest move ever! It's just automatic for most of us to claim stuff on whatever character we can and then bank the box. Was there some major reason that box wasn't added to a quest like the Valkyries' boxes? That would have saved us from all of this hassle.

    What made me most upset, is that we often like to take a few tries to create characters. With this setup, once your character claimed the box, you were totally stuck with her. If you deleted her to make another, you were out the rewards. At least with the Valks, we didn't even claim the box till level 15 (I think). That gave us enough time to decide if we wanted to make a change or not. I can't remember if we were able to claim more than one Valk box per account. Maybe that is the reason they put it in item claim? Either way, they really need to get something better setup.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Christin wrote: »
    What made me most upset, is that we often like to take a few tries to create characters. With this setup, once your character claimed the box, you were totally stuck with her. If you deleted her to make another, you were out the rewards. At least with the Valks, we didn't even claim the box till level 15 (I think). That gave us enough time to decide if we wanted to make a change or not. I can't remember if we were able to claim more than one Valk box per account. Maybe that is the reason they put it in item claim? Either way, they really need to get something better setup.

    The boxes are bankable now anyway, so this isn't an issue anymore. In the past, it was by server, not by account.

    clfarron4 wrote: »
    Maybe this could be something to consider as a method for distributing Elite in a way that can't be abused by creating lots of characters to make subscription vouchers?
    They have indeed done that before, but this time it (along with all the other rewards) was tied to leveling an Elin gunner. And honestly, the way they did it here really isn't all that different than what they did with Valkyrie last time.

    For reference, here was the news post for the Valkyrie event:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/new-class-the-valkyrie

    Instead of it being in item claim, you got the first box delivered to the Valkyrie upon hitting level 2... but otherwise, it's nearly the same.
  • LeyR wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.
    I leveling elin gunner but i unfortunately grab this box with my ninja. Well, this box cannot be transferred to my miniGUN. Interesting event, huh.

    If you somehow got the box on the wrong class, you can put it in the bank to transfer it to an Elin Gunner.
  • MargaretheMargarethe ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Christin wrote: »
    Who's idea was it to put that box in the item claim, in the first place? That was the silliest move ever! It's just automatic for most of us to claim stuff on whatever character we can and then bank the box. Was there some major reason that box wasn't added to a quest like the Valkyries' boxes? That would have saved us from all of this hassle.

    What made me most upset, is that we often like to take a few tries to create characters. With this setup, once your character claimed the box, you were totally stuck with her. If you deleted her to make another, you were out the rewards. At least with the Valks, we didn't even claim the box till level 15 (I think). That gave us enough time to decide if we wanted to make a change or not. I can't remember if we were able to claim more than one Valk box per account. Maybe that is the reason they put it in item claim? Either way, they really need to get something better setup.

    The box could have been only claimable by Elin Gunners in the first place.
    We have random garbage at item claim that we're unable to claim nor delete due to restrictions.
    Yet an exclusive event box restricted to a class could be claimed by any Race/Class/Gender.
    Delightful.
  • Margarethe wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    Who's idea was it to put that box in the item claim, in the first place? That was the silliest move ever! It's just automatic for most of us to claim stuff on whatever character we can and then bank the box. Was there some major reason that box wasn't added to a quest like the Valkyries' boxes? That would have saved us from all of this hassle.

    What made me most upset, is that we often like to take a few tries to create characters. With this setup, once your character claimed the box, you were totally stuck with her. If you deleted her to make another, you were out the rewards. At least with the Valks, we didn't even claim the box till level 15 (I think). That gave us enough time to decide if we wanted to make a change or not. I can't remember if we were able to claim more than one Valk box per account. Maybe that is the reason they put it in item claim? Either way, they really need to get something better setup.

    The box could have been only claimable by Elin Gunners in the first place.
    We have random garbage at item claim that we're unable to claim nor delete due to restrictions.
    Yet an exclusive event box restricted to a class could be claimed by any Race/Class/Gender.
    Delightful.

    or could have been like prier releases where the account stuff (like char slot and elite) got a 1 off delivery to the item claim
    and then each character you make of the new release gets a character lvl box (or even if this part was 1 per server base)
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The box was intended to encourage people to level up their Elin Gunners, just as we celebrated Ninjas and Valkyries when they were introduced to the game. The fact that other classes could open them to receive any (though not the entire) reward was not an intentional part of the event, but was possible.

    This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.

    To those saying "I don't feel like making an Elin Gunner but I still want the contents," sorry, but this was always intended to reward those leveling their Elin Gunners. Hopefully the rewards you can gain during the event are worth the time it takes to properly unlock them now that things are working as intended.

    i dont care if only my elin gunner can open the box, but it am very upset than i cant put the box in my bank, you totally fail with that :-1:
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The box was intended to encourage people to level up their Elin Gunners, just as we celebrated Ninjas and Valkyries when they were introduced to the game. The fact that other classes could open them to receive any (though not the entire) reward was not an intentional part of the event, but was possible.

    This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.

    To those saying "I don't feel like making an Elin Gunner but I still want the contents," sorry, but this was always intended to reward those leveling their Elin Gunners. Hopefully the rewards you can gain during the event are worth the time it takes to properly unlock them now that things are working as intended.

    i dont care if only my elin gunner can open the box, but it am very upset than i cant put the box in my bank, you totally fail with that :-1:

    But... can't you put in the bank now? That's what they changed in Friday morning's maintenance. Or are you referring to a different box?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The box was intended to encourage people to level up their Elin Gunners, just as we celebrated Ninjas and Valkyries when they were introduced to the game. The fact that other classes could open them to receive any (though not the entire) reward was not an intentional part of the event, but was possible.

    This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.

    To those saying "I don't feel like making an Elin Gunner but I still want the contents," sorry, but this was always intended to reward those leveling their Elin Gunners. Hopefully the rewards you can gain during the event are worth the time it takes to properly unlock them now that things are working as intended.

    i dont care if only my elin gunner can open the box, but it am very upset than i cant put the box in my bank, you totally fail with that :-1:

    But... can't you put in the bank now? That's what they changed in Friday morning's maintenance. Or are you referring to a different box?

    it is before or after friday ?

    does it is 10 minutes after the patch was released thursday 30 november ?

    it is like if you say to me to no open the box 72 hours after everyone open it, because nothing advertise us to no open it

    i understand you want defend him, but plz dont lost too much respect for yourself when obviously he totally fail with that

    i dont know who has this moron idea to not let us put the box in the bank, i really hope it is not from our dear CM :#
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    it is before or after friday ?

    does it is 10 minutes after the patch was released thursday 30 november ?

    it is like if you say to me to no open the box 72 hours after everyone open it, because nothing advertise us to no open it

    i understand you want defend him, but plz dont lost too much respect for yourself when obviously he totally fail with that

    i dont know who has this moron idea to not let us put the box in the bank, i really hope it is not from our dear CM :#

    I'm not trying to "defend" anyone I just don't understand what the problem is. If the problem were the fact that the box was not bankable, it is bankable now. Is it that you already opened it and there are some items you can't transfer over that you need on the gunner? Maybe it can be handled by Support in a ticket if it's a problem?

    If there's no solvable problem and you're just complaining that it had the wrong setting in the first place, then never mind. I just didn't understand what you were trying to say.
Sign In or Register to comment.