There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

The changes to the elin gunner leveling box are extremely unfair.

@Spacecats @seandynamite
Just wanted to bring to your attention the fact that changing the requirements needed to open the elin leveling box was a really unfair move.
Basically yesterday many players opened the box on their main characters, and got all the rewards for free, they did absolutely nothing to receive them, just a few clicks.
Today, after the maintenance, the box can only be opened by elin gunners, so everyone who didn't open it yesterday has to level a new character to 65 to get all those rewards. And it's not just cosmetics, it contains items that have a certain value: gems, 500 golden talents, noctenium elixirs, AN ELITE STATUS VOUCHER, etc.
I'm extremely disappointed, if you give items for free by mistake, you should either remove them and then send the updated boxes again, or give them to everyone, this way it just feels unfair to the players that, for any reason, didn't open the boxes yesterday.

Comments

• LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    So, I could have get rewards w/o playing Elin gunner? I could do that and I didn't open. :confused: :confounded: :bawling: :angry: :rage:

I feel like shet, really I mean I just go Unmount from a very very high altitude as an Elin. Bye I quit.

PS: You wish, but Rawr :rage:
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Yesterday, people were opening the box on non-Elin gunners and finding out they couldn't use some of the rewards, and so were complaining to EME. So they change it so that you can only open it on Elin Gunners (as the box intended), and people are finding out they can't use the rewards (unless they create an Elin gunner) and so are complaining to EME. I don't really see a solution to this issue that doesn't just result in one group or another complaining about it.
  • How is it unfair? The box was always intended to be for the Elin gunner only. Players taking advantage of a problem doesn't make EME fixing said problem unfair.
  • FlorettaSoupFlorettaSoup ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Yesterday, people were opening the box on non-Elin gunners and finding out they couldn't use some of the rewards, and so were complaining to EME. So they change it so that you can only open it on Elin Gunners (as the box intended), and people are finding out they can't use the rewards (unless they create an Elin gunner) and so are complaining to EME. I don't really see a solution to this issue that doesn't just result in one group or another complaining about it.

Actually, considering that some damage has already been done, there's an easy solution that would make everyone happy: make both the boxes and all the content bankable, and usable by any character (except costumes ofc), this way everyone would get what they want and could use it on any character, that would be a win-win.
    How is it unfair? The box was always intended to be for the Elin gunner only. Players taking advantage of a problem doesn't make EME fixing said problem unfair.
    I'm not complaining about EME fixing stuff, I'm glad they're putting effort into correcting their mistakes, what bugs me is the way they're fixing issues: since people took advantage of the issue, EME should have removed that advantage either by deleting from inventories the items that "abusers" got for free, or giving said items to everyone for free (everyone gets an advantage = noone gets an advantage).
    The problem is that, as always, who abuses the system gets the cool stuff, and everyone else gets nothing.

edited December 2017

Actually, considering that some damage has already been done, there's an easy solution that would make everyone happy: make both the boxes and all the content bankable, and usable by any character (except costumes ofc), this way everyone would get what they want and could use it on any character, that would be a win-win.

Well, except, it won't make EME happy because it was all intended to be an incentive to level Elin Gunners, just like they had with past new classes. The fact that people were opening them on other classes was not intended (and was causing trouble).

The problem is that, as always, who abuses the system gets the cool stuff, and everyone else gets nothing.

They get the same thing, but they have to level up an Elin Gunner to get it. So in the end, anyone who wants the rewards can get it, just the amount of time/effort is different. (The reward box has effectively no time-limit on it, though, so there's no rush.)

I mean I realize it's not entirely fair, but... well, not everything is fair. Just because some people got a reward without doing the expected work for it doesn't mean that everyone else is owed a free reward. And there's no practical way to "reclaim" all the rewards already opened because people might have already spent/used them.
  • The only other problem so far i think you get only 400 golden talents instead of 500 as the level 65 box describes it.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arwen wrote: »
    I should have let all those gunners who are crying for healers on LFG to wait on queue for hours till they get a group.

That's -exactly- what you should do. If EmE thinks they can promote their elin gunners by having hours upon hours of queue as they don't think any other class is worth it, let them have it. Let people complain everywhere that Tera NA is dead and dungeons don't even pop after hours during an event.
  • They get the same thing, but they have to level up an Elin Gunner to get it. So in the end, anyone who wants the rewards can get it, just the amount of time/effort is different. (The reward box has effectively no time-limit on it, though, so there's no rush.)

I mean I realize it's not entirely fair, but... well, not everything is fair. Just because some people got a reward without doing the expected work for it doesn't mean that everyone else is owed a free reward. And there's no practical way to "reclaim" all the rewards already opened because people might have already spent/used them.

I completely agree, the issue is that people got in no time what was meant to be the reward to a 10/15 hours leveling process. If getting those rewards took 30/60 mins of my time I wouldn't have complained, but unfortunately the time required is pretty long, and this is exactly why I feel the change was unfair, because of the enormous difference of effort needed.
    I understand that those boxes were meant to incentive to create and level elin gunners, but since the mistake was on EME's side I feel like they should even out the rewards/effort ratio, by changing the boxes content, or lower the level requirement to open the last 2 boxes, or whatever change they see fit; there are many alternative solutions that could make everyone satisfied with what they got, at the end of the day having satisfied costumers is in EME's interest.

edited December 2017
    They get the same thing, but they have to level up an Elin Gunner to get it. So in the end, anyone who wants the rewards can get it, just the amount of time/effort is different. (The reward box has effectively no time-limit on it, though, so there's no rush.)

I understand that those boxes were meant to incentive to create and level elin gunners, but since the mistake was on EME's side I feel like they should even out the rewards/effort ratio, by changing the boxes content, or lower the level requirement to open the last 2 boxes, or whatever change they see fit; there are many alternative solutions that could make everyone satisfied with what they got, at the end of the day having satisfied costumers is in EME's interest.

The problem is that people still won't be satisfied. Imagine that you saw the title "Elin Gunner Reward Box" and presumed -- without wanting to risk it -- that you had to level an Elin Gunner to use it, even though you weren't really otherwise planning to make an Elin Gunner. Then you get to level 65 and find out that, actually, they are now changing it so you get the rewards sooner, or the box contents changed (even though you already opened them), or whatever. Any change you make is unfair to people who already did it the original as-intended way, including any changes they may make again to address the "unfairness" caused by the "exploit."

So, in this sea of perpetual unfairness and "damned either way" options... it honestly makes sense to just make it work as intended and be done with it.

(I do agree, though, that they should change the tooltip of the level 65 box to reflect that it actually gives 400 golden talents.)
  • ValiantCorvusValiantCorvus ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    You're getting it for free, how is it unfair? Just because you don't like the rewards doesn't mean it's unfair.

And you're talking as if leveling is a difficult process.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

the problem it is i took the box by accident on my ninja in item claim, because i didnt create yet my elin gunner, so because this i could not put it in my bank, so i was stuck with, i dont know what is the idea behind to not let us put the box in our bank
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    because at this time we didnt know than the boxes would be stuck with the character we use, so now i am stuck with 6 items i cant delete before 2 weeks
  • The box was intended to encourage people to level up their Elin Gunners, just as we celebrated Ninjas and Valkyries when they were introduced to the game. The fact that other classes could open them to receive any (though not the entire) reward was not an intentional part of the event, but was possible.

This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.

To those saying "I don't feel like making an Elin Gunner but I still want the contents," sorry, but this was always intended to reward those leveling their Elin Gunners. Hopefully the rewards you can gain during the event are worth the time it takes to properly unlock them now that things are working as intended.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The box was intended to encourage people to level up their Elin Gunners, just as we celebrated Ninjas and Valkyries when they were introduced to the game. The fact that other classes could open them to receive any (though not the entire) reward was not an intentional part of the event, but was possible.

This morning was meant to correct the event back to its intended state, restricting the box to only Elin Gunners. The fact that others purposefully opened boxes intended for Elin Gunners to receive a partial reward is actually unfortunate since they won't be able to take full advantage of the contents, but that doesn't prevent other players from creating Elin Gunners in order to get the full contents of the box.

To those saying "I don't feel like making an Elin Gunner but I still want the contents," sorry, but this was always intended to reward those leveling their Elin Gunners. Hopefully the rewards you can gain during the event are worth the time it takes to properly unlock them now that things are working as intended.

Basically you're saying "Level up yer Elin Gunner and F other classes coz who need healer and/or tank during leveling."
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    I leveling elin gunner but i unfortunately grab this box with my ninja. Well, this box cannot be transferred to my miniGUN. Interesting event, huh.