TERA PC will have a maintenance on Thursday, December 14 from 8 to 10 a.m. PST.

The Future of Tikat and the Federation Bill Shop

Comments

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mopho wrote: »
    StarSprite wrote: »
    How are players so surprised when Seandynamite mentioned removing the shop was a possibility in early November? https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/187758#Comment_187758

I think moving the items to the fashion coupon shop is a good move. It removes a shop that was awkwardly added to the game and consolidates cosmetic items together. The fed bill shop items will still be accessible and easier to get for new players since it's faster to earn fashion coupons than fed bills.

Going off that comment by Seandynamite, it's only a matter of time before they kill off tera rewards since it's also a "NA only shop." Calling it right now.

It's a bit different because it's sort of veteran reward system that's also tied to cash shop purchases that also has other account-wide buffs and benefits. It's a lot more involved than a token merchant, and you can't simply merge it with anything else in the game.
  • I really hope we will not be "missing by mistake" changers from fed.bills.
    This is a ridiculous, childish explanation of what happens to our stores EME. Are you kids that you can't upgrade stores without loosing weapons, bombers etc??
    I would really punish for such "mistakes" - I would cut your salary for this. So those who always "mistaken" would remember that it's a job but not kindergaden.

I seriously hope we will not loose even a button from fed.bills.
    edited December 3
    I really hope we will not be "missing by mistake" changers from fed.bills.
    This is a ridiculous, childish explanation of what happens to our stores EME. Are you kids that you can't upgrade stores without loosing weapons, bombers etc??
    I would really punish for such "mistakes" - I would cut your salary for this. So those who always "mistaken" would remember that it's a job but not kindergaden.

You've made this pronouncement without even having any idea why the issue happened, and decided on a punishment even though you have no idea who or what is at fault. For all you know, it was a system error, or build process malfunction, or database incompatibility between K-TERA and NA, or tons of other potential software-related causes. You've just arbitrarily decided that someone deserves to be punished so this doesn't happen again, as if the only reason this bug, problem, or error happens must be human carelessness, and a punishment will "teach them" for being such screw-ups. (Even if it were a human error, what about the factors that contributed to the error? Is a process in place to ensure the work is effectively controlled and verified? Do people have the resources they need to do the job? Were they given appropriate tools and equipment? Were they given enough time to do the job properly?)

Anyway, I do hope that they are able to migrate the items fully and successfully, but I am also glad I don't work for you. That's no way to treat people.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭
    edited December 3
    As far as I know a lot of mistakes continue existing still, when more than year passed.
    The problem not in why this happened and who's this fault but the fact that each of such mistakes will take a very long time to fix.
    Achievement system, dressing room fashion coupons..its almost everywhere. And many of them weren't fixed still.
    I believe that the system can break things. But I do not understand why it takes years to fix things Counterpoint.

Lags and buggs also no way to treat people many of which pay for this their real money or time.
    edited December 3
    As far as I know a lot of mistakes continue existing still, when more than year passed.
    The problem not in why this happened and who's this fault but the fact that each of such mistakes will take a very long time to fix.
    Achievement system, dressing room fashion coupons..its almost everywhere. And many of them weren't fixed still.
    I believe that the system can break things. But I do not understand why it takes years to fix things Counterpoint.

Lags and buggs also no way to treat people many of which pay for this their real money or time.

I'm frustrated that issues haven't been fixed also, as I've been mentioned most of these things repeatedly the whole time to the point where I feel like they're sick of hearing it. But, blaming and punishing the workers isn't going to help anything, because that's not the real issue.
  • If someone wants something he will butt the triple wall with his head Counterpoint. Because people see their value from the very far distance.
    But what we see here looks like usual "I sent them request but they didn't answer so I wait still" thing. Read indifference. (I'm not eng speaking and I can't find proper word here, may be something mixed with idleness)
    I highly doubt that all of our troubles that we can't solve depend on same issue: ktera and transfer from there to here. This time enough to born two kids.
    Same as I don't believe eme crew doesn't know anything about valuable rewards for event. In one thread a guy wrote amazing ideas! Why he can and has fantasy and crew doesn't?Bunch of Semis instead of ccb will kill Tera or what?
    It's NOT a complain about event. It's about someone either doesn't want to think or doesn't want to put effort in their job.
    edited December 4
    I highly doubt that all of our troubles that we can't solve depend on same issue: ktera and transfer from there to here.
    [...] It's about someone either doesn't want to think or doesn't want to put effort in their job.

Neither of those are the issue. The issue is time. 4-5 years ago, pretty much the entire company of EME was focused full-time on TERA. Now, as far as I know, there is only one (1) person in all of EME whose full-time job is TERA PC. In the meantime, the game has also gone to monthly builds when it used to be more like quarterly. So how much time/effort/focus do you think they can put on all these small things? Virtually nothing. This is why it was actually a Big Deal(TM) that this stuff even made it on the Roadmap at all, after years of neglect.

I'm not saying we should cheer for the situation or be satisfied with it by any means. But it's not an issue of negligence or laziness from the workers.
  • It can't be that always one side right and one wrong. One permanently bad and one good. That its not necessarily always laziness but itz very hard to believe that we can find someone (except very religious people) here who isn't at least sometimes does only to get rid of it.

Success is the compilation of factors and shown by the population and popularity of the game. I think here I don't need to say anything. Lfg lives from time to time. Some servers complain all the time. And such factor as something always missing and not restored also influences.

Amen.
  • Wait a second. They say they will add some lootboxes on the 14th for a couple of weeks. Then they say below, they will be removed on the 16th.
    So which is it? 16th or a couple of weeks?
    Wunzigan wrote: »
    Wait a second. They say they will add some lootboxes on the 14th for a couple of weeks. Then they say below, they will be removed on the 16th.
    So which is it? 16th or a couple of weeks?

On January 16th. So basically, for about a month.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt that all of our troubles that we can't solve depend on same issue: ktera and transfer from there to here.
    [...] It's about someone either doesn't want to think or doesn't want to put effort in their job.

Neither of those are the issue. The issue is time. 4-5 years ago, pretty much the entire company of EME was focused full-time on TERA. Now, as far as I know, there is only one (1) person in all of EME whose full-time job is TERA PC. In the meantime, the game has also gone to monthly builds when it used to be more like quarterly. So how much time/effort/focus do you think they can put on all these small things? Virtually nothing. This is why it was actually a Big Deal(TM) that this stuff even made it on the Roadmap at all, after years of neglect.

I'm not saying we should cheer for the situation or be satisfied with it by any means. But it's not an issue of negligence or laziness from the workers.

Some of the issues start at the development of Tera too. BHS hadn't really developed Tera in a way to make it easier for publishers to make and maintain changes. Something as little as creating boxes ends up requiring BHS to do something rather than EME being able to on their own. Patches also keep messing up with systems that exist out of the KR version.
  • Why are you all disappointed, the question was "What in game store you want updated (removed first) first?
  • SageWinduSageWindu ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Use of the Fashion Coupon shop will be temporary, although some things may find a permanent home there if they make sense.

So, wait, does this mean that the Coupon Shop itself may be going away in the future as well? I'm not understanding what's being said here.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭
    edited December 4
    Can we get some clarifications please?

1) The loot boxes from the tera store that will be added to the federation bill store will be temporary as in they will be removed on the 16th january or the items themselves will be temporary expiring eventually?
    2) What will happen after 16th january? are we going to see another batch added to the federation store lasting another month or that was it and the federation bill store will actually be removed?

p.s. i am not sure if you actually care about our home planet but you are definitely good at recycling ^^
  • edited December 4
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Can we get some clarifications please?

1) The loot boxes from the tera store that will be added to the federation bill store will be temporary as in they will be removed on the 16th january or the items themselves will be temporary expiring eventually?
    2) What will happen after 16th january? are we going to see another batch added to the federation store lasting another month or that was it and the federation bill store will actually be removed?

p.s. i am not sure if you actually care about our home planet but you are definitely good at recycling ^^

The loot boxes will be added until the shop closes, at which point the current contents (without loot boxes) will be moved over to the Fashion Coupon store until further notice. Think of it like a close-out offer by Tikat, and a way to use up your Fed. Bills if there isn't anything in the store you're currently after.

It's clear from the comments that a lot of you had high expectations for this store in particular, but as the TERA team reviewed the whole purpose behind the Fed. Bill store (and this has come up many times since I started at EME) they realized that the whole concept of the store and what it's supposed to reward players is a little muddled. Our region treats Fed. Bills differently than any other region, and the items that players can get from the store aren't really game-changers.

The comments I see that are upset about the shop closing seem like they really just want something worth spending Fed. Bills on since none of the contents are worth it right now. It wasn't an easy decision for the product team to make, but trust me that the fewer stores and currencies we have in-game, the easier things are to manage and do fun things with in the future.