Bravery Potion Cooldown

Its really annoying to have a 1 hour cooldown on the cheap bravery that i'm sure everyone has bucket loads off. It would be nice to be able to use them every 30 minutes like the strong stuff. Shorten its cooldown plox

Comments

• c0gc0g ✭✭
    yes yes plox plox
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, remember when we request to shorten Bravery Potion Cooldown from 1 hour to 30 minutes but we get Strong Bravery Potion instead?

i-member.jpg

And guess how long it takes BHS/EME to listen...
  • Count me in I agree.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strong potions were the answer provided for this problem, so I think it's pretty doubtful they'll adjust the old ones.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    Read this thread: Strong Bravery and Canephora Potion

Strong Bravery Potion IS the "solution" of 1 hour Bravery Potion.
  • The strong potions were the answer provided for this problem, so I think it's pretty doubtful they'll adjust the old ones.

Which is also the reason why "Replace all the sources of old Bravery Potions with Strong Bravery Potions." has been suggested innumerable times, but apparently it's too much work and such a low priority that it's taken months, and may still take many more months/years before it gets implemented, if it ever does.

Meanwhile most development companies can hotfix something like that within seconds and get it ready for shipping within the next major update for the game. Even if it's some low priority update any development company would normally have at least 1-2 people working on low priority updates so that fixes don't take months or years before implementation, since there will ALWAYS be higher priority content. Thus the "low-priority" thing is always a really [filtered] excuse for low-effort fixes.
  • WHEN will strong bravery potions be added to elite bar and goldboost removed?
    im pretty sure spacecats promised this or another eme staff did like a year ago.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    WHEN will strong bravery potions be added to elite bar and goldboost removed?
    im pretty sure spacecats promised this or another eme staff did like a year ago.

Elite gets the strong potions in the daily consumable box. Not sure what was promised.
  • HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »

Elite gets the strong potions in the daily consumable box. Not sure what was promised.

What I recall was it being promised to be in the daily consumable box.
  • The strong potions were the answer provided for this problem, so I think it's pretty doubtful they'll adjust the old ones.

Which is also the reason why "Replace all the sources of old Bravery Potions with Strong Bravery Potions." has been suggested innumerable times, but apparently it's too much work and such a low priority that it's taken months, and may still take many more months/years before it gets implemented, if it ever does.

This was never an intention. Strong Bravery/Canephora potions are an upgrade to regular ones, but that doesn't make regular potions useless by any means. Changing the cooldown of the originals was something the TERA team investigated a while back before the Strong versions were implemented, but is unfortunately not something that can happen in the foreseeable future.
  • edited December 4
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »

That wasn't promised, but what we did say at the time was that Strong potions were intended to be earned in some of the ways the normal potions were being earned. That included mention of daily Elite boxes so I can see where you might get the idea of a perm Elite version. Elite Consumable Boxes currently contain one of each potion.
  • Nyanta1177Nyanta1177 ✭✭✭
    edited December 4
    Kr has a version 2 of regular braverys that are on a 15 minute cd, any chance of getting those here or converting old regular braverys to those?
    edit: The version 2 gives the same buffs/duration as version 1 with only a shorter cd on the pot
    id: 139536 on kr if you want to take a look
  • I can understand how it would be difficult to go to all the different 'flavors' (that is, that stack separately) of old bravery potions and modify their parameters. What is less clear to me is why, if EME/BHS agree that the notion of a potion with a cd twice its duration is anomalous at the least, the old bravery potions are still being distributed in the game. THAT change has a limited number of places they would have to touch to remedy this patently illogical item.

That said, kudos to EME/Spacey for the Weekend Boombox promo. Got my box yesterday, opened it and there was a Veteran's Complete Crystalbind. Which would have been really cool if I had not been paying for Elite since Tera went FTP, or if I could pass it along to a non-elite guildie or friend. Ok, "really cool" is an exaggeration (just a bit), but I am trying to be positive here!

• Spacecats wrote: »
    This was never an intention. Strong Bravery/Canephora potions are an upgrade to regular ones, but that doesn't make regular potions useless by any means. Changing the cooldown of the originals was something the TERA team investigated a while back before the Strong versions were implemented, but is unfortunately not something that can happen in the foreseeable future. We did say at the time was that Strong potions were intended to be earned in some of the ways the normal potions were being earned.

First of all, while Strong pots might be an upgrade to regular ones, it's a minuscule change, and what DOES make the regular Bravery potion useless is not being able to use it, which you can't for 30 minutes after it wears off.

Also if changing the cooldown is apparently not possible for the foreseeable future, and it was planned to make Strong potions attainable from existing methods for regular potions, why is replacing the existing methods of attaining normal potions with Strong potions not a valid idea? The 2% aspd or 3% damage is nowhere near game breaking. It also easily solves the cooldown issue which apparently can't be fixed.

The biggest point for this is probably the weekly vanguard reward, which current gives old potions, along with veteran crystalbinds which are objectively worse versions of complete crystalbinds, which are already practically worthless items. It seems really weird that we have better items, that would fix the issues with the existing items, available, that could replace the existing rewards and have only positively impact on the game, yet there's a weird hesitation in making the change.