TERA PC will have a maintenance on Thursday, December 14 from 8 to 10 a.m. PST.

Chained Skills Activating out of Combat with no Prompt

edited December 1 in Bug Report
I've seen numerous people complaining about this specific bug happening on Tempest Reach, mostly Elin Gunners but there was a FemCast Priest and some Popori that brought it up as well.
Specific bug is as follows:

1) Attack and kill things. (n my case, I don't regularly use Spacebar in combat, as I've got a mouse with numerical buttons on the side and that's easier for me to use, but it's too tedious to change the chained skill hotkey off of Spacebar so I've never bothered on any previous characters and haven't had issues until now.)
2) Get out of combat and hit Spacebar to jump; I enjoy jumping to the next mob, or maneuvering over rocks and other landscape instead of running around them.
- OR -
Get out of combat and mount up, fly off to next area or wherever.

Now, this seems pretty cut-and-dry, but frequently ever since yesterday's update when I'm out of combat, most often for a minute or more, when I'm trying to use Spacebar to fly I'll get the prompt saying "You can't do that right now" as if I'm trying to use a combat skill, and when I'm trying to jump I'll cast a skill (most often Scattershot). Mind you, when this is happening, the tip/ hint thing for Chained Skills saying "Press [This Key] to cast [This Skill]" is nowhere to be seen, as is typical for somebody that hasn't bothered turning them off, or uses the Spacebar Chained Skill prompts.

I assumed that since this is a pretty detrimental bug (it has single-handedly made me erroneously attack two World Bosses while simply trying to jump past them, and also got me into a sticky situation on my low-level Gunner with three Basilisks at once when trying to leap over a rock) and is affecting a large number of people that it would be fixed with the "emergency patch" that just happened half an hour ago. It seems that I reached that conclusion in error as I hopped onto my character ready to wreck more stuff, finished one kill-stuff-for-profit quest, attempted to head back to the questgiver, "jumped," and shot four different mobs in their faces once again with Scattershot... When there was obviously no prompt, as I'd been out of combat for thirty seconds or so turning in a Vanguard.

TL;DR: Spacebar's making people attack stuff when out of combat for numerous minutes, and there's no Chained Skill prompt anywhere to be seen.

send halp

Comments

• Yeps, this has been happening to me on AV too, kill stuff, jump on my mount, try to fly but comes up with something like "Can't do this right now", Get off my mount, press space and chained skills start going off.

Even though I have no skills chained to another on my Elin Gunner.
  • StlexStlex ✭✭
    XxZen wrote: »
    Yeps, this has been happening to me on AV too, kill stuff, jump on my mount, try to fly but comes up with something like "Can't do this right now", Get off my mount, press space and chained skills start going off.

Even though I have no skills chained to another on my Elin Gunner.

Thanks for the post, and sorry to hear that you're experiencing the glitch as well.

My best friend/ roommate is now experiencing it, she went fourteen levels without it happening and then she was trying to mount up and couldn't fly due to the same red error text. Said it didn't bother her, but it's just more inconvenient than anything, especially when one is trying to fly back to a questgiver and avoid all the mobs that'll be attracted to a low-level character along the way.

@Spacecats Can we get some kind of update as to if you all are aware of this issue, and if so is there any ETA on when a fix is going to be implemented? I've now accidentally shot three World Bosses, four other BAMs, and another two-dozen or so other trash mobs. Pleeeeease? ; .;
  • StlexStlex ✭✭
    Update: Still happening very commonly, most often when I leave combat while a Chained Skill was able to be cast... Running dungeons has become quite the fun ordeal, as I and my running-mates keep randomly and accidentally casting things. -_-

Can we PLEASE see some update on this? It's been established that it's a problem by maaaaany people, even if they aren't posting about it in the Bug Reports...
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    Probably better to send in a ticket. Staff hardly post here. I'm sure they check occasionally, but this would be better sent in as a ticket so they can file a ticket with BHS.
  • OH i thought it was my keyboard acting up LOL well this is happening to me aswell.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Probably better to send in a ticket. Staff hardly post here. I'm sure they check occasionally, but this would be better sent in as a ticket so they can file a ticket with BHS.

I updated the known issues list to include the current patch and will also forward it to EME:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/8132/known-issues-miniguns
  • StlexStlex ✭✭
    @Naru2008 I think I submitted a ticket too (although I could be very wrong since sometimes my internet kaputs out while I'm trying to submit tickets and forum posts and the such), but seeing as how it's not just a problem on my end and many users are experiencing this problem- and it's honestly kind of a detriment to my gameplay and I'm certain that I'm not the only one in a situation like that pretty regularly with this bug- I thought maybe it would be helpful to at least post here so that even if devs don't see it other users can and won't feel so alone. xD

@mid139 Nopenope, it's been happening regularly to everybody I know that plays, and other random people too. Just started on Thursday. You're not alooooone! ; .;

@Yamazuki I see the known issue post there about the jump/ fly thing, thank you so much!! Hopefully it'll be patched up soon, for now I'll just try to work around it and make sure that when I get out of combat there's no Chained Skill prompt... Worst case scenario I'll take the time to figure out how to change the Chained Skills so that it isn't so noticeable.
  • c0gc0g ✭✭
    Everyone's having this issue.

Everyone had the same issue being able to open Elin gunner boxes that were meant to be opened only under certain conditions, which begged for an urgent maintenance.

Can we have the same sense of urgency getting this fixed like the way you did the Elin Gunner box, @Spacecats @Halrath @Tera please?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 4
    c0g wrote: »
    Can we have the same sense of urgency getting this fixed like the way you did the Elin Gunner box, @Spacecats @Halrath @Tera please?

It's probably not possible because EME can't fix it and would rely on BHS. But anyway, it is an annoying bug. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
  • Hi all, thanks for making this thread. I've been asked by the TERA team to have folks experiencing this submit a ticket to Customer Support giving as much detail as possible. Screenshots and video would be an incredible help, demonstrating what actions result in being stuck unable to jump. Please include whether you are using default keybindings as well, and whether or not you've attempted to rebind jump to another key after the glitch happens. It will help narrow down whether this is some kind of input issue or something going on with skill mechanics.
  • StlexStlex ✭✭
    Thank you, thank you, thank you @Spacecats for responding to this! Unfortunately due to my rather terrible internet connection I can't very easily record video of my gameplay and/ or upload it in a ticket, but I'll figure out some way to take a screenshot and submit a ticket with that included tonight. I'll also suggest for everybody else on Tempest Reach who's mentioning the same issue submit tickets as well- it seems to be a rather common issue and isn't associated with any one particular skill or class or server or whatnot, as there are people on MT, AV, and FF who I've talked to having the problem on their different characters as well, so your team may see a flood of tickets here in the next few days to try and pinpoint what the root of the issue is.

Thanks again for getting back to us on this- it seemed to have mostly started specifically on Thursday after maintenance, as I was able to play a large handful of my other characters for hours at a time before then in between Tuesday and Thursday with no problem.

Anyways, my own ticket will be incoming, and I'll definitely tell all other sufferers to submit one as well!!
  • hmm i was reading ktera patch notes and i came across this:
    a99d61c44ef8ad7f3612a20ac316f80d.png
    sounds like the same problem, so it should be patched soon.
    link: https://essentialmana.com/news/ktera-928-patch-note/