[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

awakening skills are wild

just wanted to share this video by long time ktera youtuber efenbaum of a TRNM run of a party full of classes with their awakening skills. this stuff is CRAZY and I LOVE IT

Comments

• RIP non awakened classes. Tera is already kinda elitist as it is, when this arrives people will only want those OP classes on their run. You play ninja or gunner? You're doomed. Look at that ragnarok mode zerker, the monkey HP bar went 1 bar per blink of an eye lol. Dunno why I still play this game, I must be some kind of masochist or something. I already see discrimination against ninjas and gunners now, even sorcerer which is an already "awakened" class. Talk about balance.
  • oh god double healer pushing its way back into relevance again
  • Time to go make my zerker again holy ....
  • 5NY47CCA6Y wrote: »
    RIP non awakened classes. Tera is already kinda elitist as it is, when this arrives people will only want those OP classes on their run. You play ninja or gunner? You're doomed. Look at that ragnarok mode zerker, the monkey HP bar went 1 bar per blink of an eye lol. Dunno why I still play this game, I must be some kind of masochist or something. I already see discrimination against ninjas and gunners now, even sorcerer which is an already "awakened" class. Talk about balance.

https://originalyosha.tumblr.com/post/167973889583/even-though-some-classes-wont-get-their-awakening/embed
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    17.9% damage buff is nothing to sneeze at that's a pretty girthy number, especially for classes already in good spots like archer and valkyrie

also i'm not sure if this means double healer will be seeing a resurgence since it wasn't a serious run or anything, however if it is honestly that'd be positive news for priest mains...
  • natianatia ✭✭✭
    Did I just see those healers do 1-2mil/s wtf
    That priest did almost the same dps as the lancer on the last boss
  • Awesome video, yet since we don't have the talent system, classes that may do well in ktera will suck here the most, current situation makes gunners and ninjas obsolete, say what you will to defend your beloved main, low tier dps is low tier dps.
    As argumentation: "
    essentialmana
    Wednesday March 29th, 2017 at 08:39 AM · Reply

Gunner still remains low in the dps tier, even with the BF and BV buffs, as far as 5-man dungeons go, as of this comment.
    " -taken from https://essentialmana.com/gunner-pve-guide/

In the official post regarding the awakening, someone posted this earlier, the developers went with the awakening and chose those classes so they are on par with the rest, to balance somehow the discrepancy, so that every class is viable and fun to play.

Things that happened to me personally along the way:
    "With that kind of weapon you can do so much more" - speaking of stormcry +7
    ""Your damage is equal to the sorcerer that has +1 frostmetal"" - i was at that time in storm +4
    Bluehole studio as far I can tell will and does no balancing, since always the answer seems to be "small team, limited resources", *whatever ktera gets, just translate it, test it, if it works, patch it in, good as new, flawless content*, no wonder the gap between classes is huge, it's the only logical choice to make here, or worse, awakening will be a ktera exclusive.
    I can start to liberate gear then and move to zerker if i want to play anything else than ravenous gorge in the future, god bless.
  • Ardire wrote: »
    also i'm not sure if this means double healer will be seeing a resurgence since it wasn't a serious run or anything, however if it is honestly that'd be positive news for priest mains...

In what way?
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    feminzii wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »

In what way?

if double healer becomes the strong norm so much that it beats out the normal 3 dps 1 tank 1 healer comp then priests wouldn't get so shafted as they are these days when it comes to healer favoritism. i mean, sure.. maybe sharing the spotlight with mystic in double healer comp isn't exactly fixing the problem... but at least priests will be welcome again
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »
    if double healer becomes the strong norm so much that it beats out the normal 3 dps 1 tank 1 healer comp then priests wouldn't get so shafted as they are these days when it comes to healer favoritism. i mean, sure.. maybe sharing the spotlight with mystic in double healer comp isn't exactly fixing the problem... but at least priests will be welcome again
    double healer got nerfed hard for a reason, it was extremely good only a few patches ago to the point where speed runs required double heal. i assume it was nerfed for one of two reasons, or both: they didnt want double heal to be so strong that it encouraged meta, and/or didn't want healers to be encouraged to double heal and get by by being bad at the game
    i agree priest is absolute trash right now compared to mystic in almost every aspect but bringing back double heal really wouldn't help much, priest would simply be there for kaia's and triple nem bot
  • LagIncarnateLagIncarnate ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thing is that this is just going to throw balancing in the NA version ever further out the window than it already is in comparison to KTera. The BHS devs can continue to smoke whatever they want and ignore it by saying "We balance without talents first." but it's obviously not true when a class like Ninja has such a vastly different standing between the two versions that it almost can't be called the same class.

This is also going to cause such a huge issue when it comes to burst comps doing dungeons. The party in the video did 36M DPS on the first boss, good RNG or not that's almost twice as much as the top party in NA is capable of, and they did it with double healer which while maybe boosting individual DPS, might have hurt party DPS.

Unless we miraculously get the talent system in NA to help balance classes that are currently (and will apparently continue to get) shafted, classes which already struggle to keep up will just get pushed further behind.

Of course there are excuses like "The talent system is broken." which is a blatant lie because BHS have removed less broken things in the past that had even less impact on the game, yet the talent system remains.

There's also the excuse "It gives veterans an advantage." which could be easily circumvented by simply giving every 65 player on our version a default maxed out talent tree, removing the need/ability to level it up or anything. They intend to balance classes that the talent system made stronger by making some talents into passives apparently, so why not just make the talent system itself a passive?
  • 5NY47CCA6Y wrote: »
    RIP non awakened classes. Tera is already kinda elitist as it is, when this arrives people will only want those OP classes on their run. You play ninja or gunner? You're doomed. Look at that ragnarok mode zerker, the monkey HP bar went 1 bar per blink of an eye lol. Dunno why I still play this game, I must be some kind of masochist or something. I already see discrimination against ninjas and gunners now, even sorcerer which is an already "awakened" class. Talk about balance.

Sorcerer is not awakened. Revamped classes =/ awakened. The other classes will receive their awakened updates in Summer, but until then the ~18% buff probably won't be enough to make gunners or ninja's viable since they were low dps before, they'll still be low dps after. But since all the non-awakened classes all have the same buff, BHS can easily raise or lower it depending on how they perform in comparison.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭

last video didn't have have any slayer action in it so here's a long one of a full rk9h run from an awakened slayer's perspective

that new double swing they get is pretty stylish, get a whole lot of movement outta those swings
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    1.4billl damage in 30 seconds with 2 dps and lancer
  • 9RA7AY6NK79RA7AY6NK7 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It's pretty lame that some classes won't be getting their awakening skills, but oh well, as long as they get it eventually, that's alright.

Although, I don't give a poop if my main Reaper is going to be dealing 100000 trillion more damage as a compensation, I'm 100% going to change my main to something that has an awakening skill lmao. TERA hasn't had any new content for a very long time now and the last thing I care about is seeing bigger damage numbers.