[TERA PC & CONSOLE] TERA’s annual summer celebration is back with a vengeance. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20
[TERA Console] We will be entering maintenance on Monday, August 3 at 7 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details and updates, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Controller Memory Leak Fixed?

Has the memory leak issue that takes place when a controller is plugged into your PC been fixed yet?

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably not. Though I've never experienced it before, so I can't test it. (And due to the fact that my controller broke.)

I'm sure Couterpoint or someone as helpful can test it.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Memory leak is the last thing you will worry in Tera.

Some times you will see how your character spams basic attacks or diferent skills when you try to move around your toon, making the game experience really hard at end-game dungeons.
  • BekrahBekrah ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    That’s unfortunate. Maybe I’ll consider coming back to this game after the major bugs are fixed.
    Thanks to all who responded.
  • Bekrah wrote: »
    That’s unfortunate. Maybe I’ll consider coming back to this game after the major bugs are fixed.

You may be waiting a little while. Some major bugs that get fixed, new ones come back that are either game breaking or overall annoying, like currently if you try to type in the trade broker you will use your class' dash skill with no reason
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    BHS fix bugs, HAHAHA. Better for you to find another mmo or live with the bugs on this one.
    edited December 2017
    Bekrah wrote: »

Yeah I would avoid any BHS games at that cost, and I suppose youre not coming back because things arent going to get fixed ever

Memory Leaks from controlers are not a bugs of Tera but bugs from your OS.

Just as the 100% disc usage that most people never notices and makes your games to have heavy fps drops.
    edited December 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Yeah I would avoid any BHS games at that cost, and I suppose youre not coming back because things arent going to get fixed ever

Just as the 100% disc usage that most people never notices and makes your games to have heavy fps drops.

Can you stop embarrassing yourself? Its almost to the point of disgusting

It's embarrasing that you dont even check you PC activity to acknowledge how controlers and other process eats your resources and not Tera, and those do that with you doing other activities, not only playing Tera.
    Margarethe wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Of course, reason only Tera has such an issue out of all the games I play.

I have this issue with BDO, LoL, BB Central Fiction and many other games, and about the HD usage windows, google and many other applications will eat your HD read/write making games or other software to run really slow.
  • In this case, TERA does have a memory leak with the way it handles controllers. I remember we had someone on the forum a few years ago who actually was able to figure out exactly where the trouble was. That isn't to say that other games don't have similar trouble too... but there's reason to believe that it's possible for BHS to fix this issue, if they made it a focus. (Perhaps, if they port back some of the console stuff to PC, it'll be a focus at some point.)
    In this case, TERA does have a memory leak with the way it handles controllers. I remember we had someone on the forum a few years ago who actually was able to figure out exactly where the trouble was. That isn't to say that other games don't have similar trouble too... but there's reason to believe that it's possible for BHS to fix this issue, if they made it a focus. (Perhaps, if they port back some of the console stuff to PC, it'll be a focus at some point.)

I stopped to have memory leaks from controlers when I started to use bluetooth.

So far I read from other games (even new games from this year) the issue is from controlers plugged in a USB, even if they have a wireless receptor.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    In this case, TERA does have a memory leak with the way it handles controllers. I remember we had someone on the forum a few years ago who actually was able to figure out exactly where the trouble was. That isn't to say that other games don't have similar trouble too... but there's reason to believe that it's possible for BHS to fix this issue, if they made it a focus. (Perhaps, if they port back some of the console stuff to PC, it'll be a focus at some point.)

I stopped to have memory leaks from controlers when I started to use bluetooth.

So far I read from other games (even new games from this year) the issue is from controlers plugged in a USB, even if they have a wireless receptor.

Yeah, it could well be that bluetooth is able to bypass the issue, actually. I also know that not *all* controllers have the issue in the first place, although many do.