There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Today eagerly I planned to run Wintera for couple of times, then

Got two Rare Noct Elixir as the jackpot after being hit into face by a lotta snowballs, my eager turned to salt and I just logged off.

EME, recently, you are just putting stuff as jackpot or rewards on weekend boom box which has none to little value to many players because those that are playing the game even casually can obtain those stuff in large number easily.

I defend you time to time, but recently I find no interest in running and doing content as I feel like many others that things are being done in order of just being done, not much consideration and concentration.

PS: I tried to sound like a pro English philosophical gamer, I think I failed, you got the meaning tho :#

Comments

• ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    I tend to get the bravery "jackpot" 6/10 times. Not like i have hundreds already sitting in my bank...
  • Wasn't last year that if you did snowfield bg you guaranteed to get a wintera box or am i remembering that wrong now?
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    Wasn't last year that if you did snowfield bg you guaranteed to get a wintera box or am i remembering that wrong now?

it was like that last year. They added those craps this year and most certainly I think EME even shut down forums and don't even looking at it.

You can only defend too much. :angry:
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno--I don't think of the jackpot as the point or main reward--it's the tokens. You get something for a loss, and with 70 wins a free costume that is not normally available.

The jackpot is just, like, something extra.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Catservant wrote: »
    I dunno--I don't think of the jackpot as the point or main reward--it's the tokens. You get something for a loss, and with 70 wins a free costume that is not normally available.

70 wins you get a costume? wat.
    nevermind, i thought i missed something
  • Lolitaa wrote: »
    Catservant wrote: »

70 wins you get a costume? wat.

Glacial Expedition Gear Box
  • FYI here's the post from last year's Wintera:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/wintera-snowfield-returns-with-jackpot-rewards

Obviously the winter items from previous years are making a reappearance such as the head accessories and snowman scarves. We also wanted to get some consumables into the hands of players since we heard quite a few people expressing the need for those.

I appreciate any feedback on this year's event, but if there's something you personally didn't enjoy please give a suggestion of something you think would be better. The TERA team put quite a bit of effort into setting up both token and jackpot rewards for this year (compared to last year which was just a single box). We want to make sure folks feel rewarded for queueing that BG.

• TYoung11TYoung11 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Just want to say THANK YOU EME for adding consumables to the loot. I find this 100x more appealing than little nick-nack costumes as I use these daily when playing with fiends. I would say the braveries/cane are a little over abundant *(maybe add a 500 nocts prize as an alternative at the same drop chance?), but getting superior nocts is an op prize for a casual game mode imo.
  • TYoung11 wrote: »
    Just want to say THANK YOU EME for adding consumables to the loot. I find this 100x more appealing than little nick-nack costumes as I use these daily when playing with fiends. I would say the braveries/cane are a little over abundant *(maybe add a 500 nocts prize as an alternative at the same drop chance?), but getting superior nocts is an op prize for a casual game mode imo.

You're welcome!

As far as Bravery/Canephoras go, admittedly those are the lower-end prize for the jackpot. There's also the consumables tab in the token shop. How would you feel if, say, additional tokens were a jackpot while Bravery/Cane potions were added to that tab at like 10 tokens each?
    (Spitballing on that number, by the way. It could be different but at the moment mind you Feast is 15 tokens).
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    TYoung11 wrote: »

You're welcome!

As far as Bravery/Canephoras go, admittedly those are the lower-end prize for the jackpot. There's also the consumables tab in the token shop. How would you feel if, say, additional tokens were a jackpot while Bravery/Cane potions were added to that tab at like 10 tokens each?
    (Spitballing on that number, by the way. It could be different but at the moment mind you Feast is 15 tokens).

Choice is better than no choice in terms of bravery and canephoras.

Can you comment on entry limit, Space? The tokens are still bankable and people can just go on another character as the limit is per toon, so it's not really stopping the distribution of rewards. It's more a nuisance than anything.
  • edited December 2017
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

You're welcome!

Can you comment on entry limit, Space? The tokens are still bankable and people can just go on another character as the limit is per toon, so it's not really stopping the distribution of rewards. It's more a nuisance than anything.

The 10 entries per day, per character, is how the rewards were balanced/calculated. Sure you can trade some things between characters if you have multiple, but multiple characters also consume more stuff, enchant different gear, wear different costumes, etc... So the basic idea is that each character you play will get 10 entries worth of loot every day if you're fully dedicated to playing the event.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

You're welcome!

The 10 entries per day, per character, is how the rewards were balanced/calculated. Sure you can trade some things between characters if you have multiple, but multiple characters also consume more stuff, enchant different gear, wear different costumes, etc... So the basic idea is that each character you play will get 10 entries worth of loot every day if you're fully dedicated to playing the event.

All the rewards are "tradeable" between characters on the same account, which is what I was saying initially by "bankable." Which are the items you are referring to that are not when you say "some"? I could easily just run 10x on 10 different chars on the same account, put the rewards in my bank, and then use it one one character. Since Wintera doesn't have any gear requirement, vanguard, or item exp reward, I can literally run it on low level chars that don't consume anything but time.
    I really hope you understand what I'm saying. I'm genuinely curious of the thought process on this. It only encourages more alts, when in reality running 2x chars 10 times is exactly the same as running 1x char 20 times. Am I incorrect? I have 14 level 65s and run dungeons on maybe 2, which use the the consumables I could be earning from 14 if I wanted to.
    It seems you're assuming people run dungeons on all the chars they run Wintera on, which is not the case. This assumption leads to very odd choices from publishers and only furthers the common sentiment that you guys don't play the game and have minimal to no understanding of it.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It only encourages more alts [...]

Just want to say that basically everything in TERA is about encouraging people to get more alts because that's their business model. They sell character slots, bank expansions, wardrobe expansions, character-bound costumes/mounts/pets, add more classes without class-change options, etc. Everything is so that people who want to play more (and get rewarded more) create more characters, and then have to gear those characters individually, etc. etc. So if the rewards are by character but they're bankable (not tradeable) since that encourages people to get more alts to max their rewards... it's internally consistent with everything else in TERA.
  • Im 100% fine with the current wintera rewards, i normally wouldn't touch this event more than once but since it has the S Braveries, S Canophora and the nocts im running it. Not everyone thinks the rewards are useless, as a end game player i regularly use those sorts of consumables and find them really useful. If you end up just giving us more useless wintera tokens i'll just decide to stop running it, unless you make S Braveries and S Canophora only cost 1-2 tokens each in the token store at the very least. Any higher cost would be rediculous.
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    It only encourages more alts [...]

Just want to say that basically everything in TERA is about encouraging people to get more alts because that's their business model. They sell character slots, bank expansions, wardrobe expansions, character-bound costumes/mounts/pets, add more classes without class-change options, etc. Everything is so that people who want to play more (and get rewarded more) create more characters, and then have to gear those characters individually, etc. etc. So if the rewards are by character but they're bankable (not tradeable) since that encourages people to get more alts to max their rewards... it's internally consistent with everything else in TERA.

Yes, I know. I've actually explained that point to people before. The only think EME is actually screwing here is achievement titles though. If you win 50% of the time you need to run 20 days straight, where they event started on the 7th of Dec and goes to the 2nd of Jan. I actually don't give a [filtered] about rewards and just want the title. :shrug: