More updates to the TERA x PUBG Event! Check the announcements for further details: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/30912/more-pubg-x-tera-event-updates/p1?new=1
TERA x PUBG is available on all platforms! Learn about our fun crossover event with here: http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-x-pubg

Minor rant x.x

I have been thinking recently about my time in tera and as of late i am really saddened. I main priest and its very difficult to get into a dungeon run. On a few occasions I've applied to parties asking for healer and the response is I'm not a mystic so they don't want me. If i don't make my own lfg and post for 20-30 mins i can't run [filtered]. I have invested so much coin and time into my priest and honestly speaking i don't want to reroll mystic, i find the class boring. The way its going its looks like I'm gonna have to quit tera.

Comments

• ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    wow now you finally know what it's like to play a class other than priest!!! dps can have been going through "flavour of the patch" switches for years!! you wanna whine cause for once there's a healer imbalance that DOESN'T benefit priest? try maining a slayer since the dawn of tera

full offense but this is what happens when you're a mediocre one trick pony in a game with ever changing meta and a slew of class imbalance problems

you could always idk expand your horizons and try pvping, priests are still wanted there :^)
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    qhY3rA6.png

I feel you, man. Priests need like... a thread of their own to just rant about how they've gotten the shaft for almost two years now, without yet another mystic coming in to crow about how they had it bad when the game came out five years ago as if any priest in these threads playing today cares about how bad mystics were way back then. We get it, you had a bad time of it. That sucks. But hey! That doesn't make class imbalance suddenly good just because the shoe's on the other foot. The fact of the matter is mystics have spent nearly two years on top and there's no end in sight. Priests can't even be like "man I wish I had a smooth autolock like mystics" without some mystic coming in to pretend like he actually has it really really rough. I swear to god I had one trying to tell me that lockon cleansing was still not as easy as it seemed (even though the game aims for him from a 30+ meter distance), and I had another try to say that the healing distance problems are fine because they're glitches that'll be fixed soon ((and while it's true that the class isn't working as intended, it's been over three months and here we are, still trucking along with mystics standing 27m away from the party for no penalty)). idk man I just wish mystics would acknowledge that they have a good thing going and leave priests alone when they complain about the [filtered] hand they've been getting for almost two years now and will continue to receive for the foreseeable future. Until then, I've continued to take whichever healer applies to my groups first, so long as they speak English.

I've also found that mystic's ease of use has invited a new kind of player into the class -- one I'll call the Neo Mystic. This player, despite having the whole healing game handed to him on a silver platter, still just can't seem to play the easiest class in the game without screwing up. They'll leave the mana aura off and then never CR; they'll forget to vow at every single fight; they'll run so far away that their auras vanish; they'll stand in the corner popping motes while the group's HP dwindles. I could go on and on but I won't. There's just ... this proliferation of bad mystics, it's incredible. And the worst part is, even the worst mystic who just turns on his auras and then afks 25m away (returning only to voc every 20 seconds) is still "contributing" on the level of a priest diligently keeping their buffs and debuffs going. Mystic is so unbelievably broken and dull and imbalanced. I've taken to playing other games instead because it honestly frustrates me every time I log in and see some LFG full of VALKS asking for a mystic. It'd be one thing if mystic were even FUN, but it's not fun. I know so many priest mains who switched to mystic, and you'd think switching to a new class would require a learning curve where you're doing mid tier/low tier content for practice, but NOPE; all of these people jump right into the hard stuff with no problem because 2017Mystic has a skill ceiling that's like 3 feet tall and requires almost no thought or effort to play since its kit has so much automation worked into it.

None of this is meant to bash on people who play mystics, because I can't BLAME anyone for playing a mystic right now. I'm just hating on the developers who are NEVER able to balance, and I'm hating on the idea of the mystic class, because it represents everything bad about tera at the moment: that the easiest most effortless route is also the most rewarding. We see it every patch when solo content is more rewarding than high stakes group content. We see it when a new class is released with a braindead rotation that outdpses everyone else. And we're seeing it once again with mystic, the class that plays itself AND gives your party the best results. BHS needs to fix their [filtered], and I mean that generally as well as with the healer classes. Slayer still has that problem with ICB. Ninja's objectively lower on the totem pole without talents but since they have talents in korea we've heard no talk about giving them awakening skills. Hybrid tanks are receiving buffs available to full-time tanks along with the dps of a dps class. Like, holy [filtered] balance your game.

Poster above isn't wrong about diversifying to avoid getting trapped like this, but if you just enjoy healing in this game then you're not left with a whole lot of options. You can either play the healer that plays itself, or play the healer that's fun. OP's already said he'll probably quit anyway, so telling him to suck it up and do something he doesn't enjoy in his leisure time is a) stupid and b) redundant. Also last sidenote, even dps low on the totem pole don't get people whining at them for not playing valks, or have lfgs specifically saying that they aren't wanted in the title of it. Like, I've never seen a "N>DPS NO SLAYERS" advert, but I've seen enough "MYSTIC ONLY" in LFG to make a small collage.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    you know what, [filtered] it, it's the holiday season. i'll save my salt for the new year.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the cold season was when you end up throwing salt everywhere in large quantities :p
  • patience. priest will see love soon enough. until then, i suggest finding a guild/friends who are not only interested in the extra 10% dps
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    . .
    0_12.jpg
  • I don't see where's the problem in this post to be honest. I also don't see any butthurt and unreasonable rant/whining. All I am seeing here, is just a person that wants to actually play with a class that is supposed to be in one of the main most important roles in the game : healing : and also, with every right to speak freely about it.

Anyone that has a problem with the OP or gets provoked by this post, is probably a troll or just a real piece of work and a tool. Get a life and move on.

About your post, Ichi993, please, hold tight and wait, Priests gonna get the first batch of Awakening skill system, and they gonna get many tweaks and buffs, Mystics too, because - of course - , but Priests get way more freedom AND power on AoE while healing, they get a "God Mode" which literally is insane buff to their healing powers. This update will prob come in like 3-4 months from now, maybe earlier, I can't say for sure from here and I don't have the link with me, but I'll send you a pm if you want when I get home.
  • I don't see where's the problem in this post to be honest. I also don't see any butthurt and unreasonable rant/whining. All I am seeing here, is just a person that wants to actually play with a class that is supposed to be in one of the main most important roles in the game : healing : and also, with every right to speak freely about it.

Anyone that has a problem with the OP or gets provoked by this post, is probably a troll or just a real piece of work and a tool. Get a life and move on.

About your post, Ichi993, please, hold tight and wait, Priests gonna get the first batch of Awakening skill system, and they gonna get many tweaks and buffs, Mystics too, because - of course - , but Priests get way more freedom AND power on AoE while healing, they get a "God Mode" which literally is insane buff to their healing powers. This update will prob come in like 3-4 months from now, maybe earlier, I can't say for sure from here and I don't have the link with me, but I'll send you a pm if you want when I get home.