Today eagerly I planned to run Wintera for couple of times, then

13»

Comments

  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    TFW a seasonal event gets more attention from the team than the entire PvP scene.

    @Spacecats

    Also, more on topic. Seasonal events are supposed to be fun and rewarding not feel like a ridiculous grind. Take a hint from FFXIV who run events all the time and are generally liked, because they balance grind and fun pretty well and give people plenty of time to actually complete them. You guys have been dropping the ball lately a whole lot with the TERA community.

    I don't have any suggestions because the suggestions that have been made for the PvP community have all been ignored, so I have no hope that you will actually listen to suggestions for this.

    It's hard to respond without having an example, but where do you draw the line between fun and grind here? At its core Wintera's basically about throwing snowballs at people and earning reindeer horns and other holiday accessories. If after a while you feel like you aren't enjoying Wintera, why do you feel the need to queue it over other BGs or dungeons?

    As far as PvP I feel like that's a whole other topic unrelated to Wintera. I'm sorry you feel like your PvP feedback has been ignored but this also isn't the right thread to give it without derailing the conversation.


    I don't know where the line is for grind vs fun if I did I would be the Community Manager for TERA and EME. I would also love to queue other BGs like FWC with friends but unfortunately the PvP community isn't supported very well and we have to use a community discord to establish matches to force it to pop. I used FFXIV as an example because they are always running events throughout the year that the community generally enjoys as a whole. A lot of the events TERA runs you end up with threads like this. Its a simple observation. Lets take a look at the EU event for the holiday season and compare it to an event we have had for 3-4 years now in a row.

    Starlight Celebration in FF has been happening every year since 2004 starting in FFXI and yet every year they are able to come up with new and interesting things for their players to engage in with fun items. I realize you guys don't create content but it is the Publishers job to be creative and engage the community.

    Unless you guys have something amazing hidden up your sleeves to end out the year, 2017 for NA TERA has been a serious let down. So much in fact that I and many others who have been playing TERA since the game released in the NA and some even before that quit for months and some who aren't returning. When you are losing dedicated players that have been loyal for years its time to take a step back and look at what is wrong. Not recycle the same things over and over. Again, a look at EU TERA shows what a publisher is capable of doing for TERA and how far one wishes to go to engage their community.

    Also, there has been plenty of feedback from the PvP community and there hasn't been a single response so I took the opportunity to post in a thread that was gaining attention from you guys.
  • Chido wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    TFW a seasonal event gets more attention from the team than the entire PvP scene.

    @Spacecats

    Also, more on topic. Seasonal events are supposed to be fun and rewarding not feel like a ridiculous grind. Take a hint from FFXIV who run events all the time and are generally liked, because they balance grind and fun pretty well and give people plenty of time to actually complete them. You guys have been dropping the ball lately a whole lot with the TERA community.

    I don't have any suggestions because the suggestions that have been made for the PvP community have all been ignored, so I have no hope that you will actually listen to suggestions for this.

    It's hard to respond without having an example, but where do you draw the line between fun and grind here? At its core Wintera's basically about throwing snowballs at people and earning reindeer horns and other holiday accessories. If after a while you feel like you aren't enjoying Wintera, why do you feel the need to queue it over other BGs or dungeons?

    As far as PvP I feel like that's a whole other topic unrelated to Wintera. I'm sorry you feel like your PvP feedback has been ignored but this also isn't the right thread to give it without derailing the conversation.

    I feel the need to queue for Wintera because of the idea that I can get something worth gold in game which then I can use to buy materials for my gear. If you add things people need to the shop such as consumables or materials for gear more people might queue for it. Wintera on its own its a fun point and shoot game, and some people might queue because of that. The rest of the playerbase might find something else to do in the game that they deem more important or profitable. Even if you add rewards that seem too good remember that this event is only available for a limited time.

    Adding things like consumables and enchanting mats to the Wintera token shop would totally result in more people queueing the event, sure, but only because there are some players out there who seek the maximum gold value at all times. I think something is lost the moment holiday events become more about in-game gold than celebrating the actual holiday, you know?
  • edited December 2017
    Vunak wrote: »
    I don't know where the line is for grind vs fun if I did I would be the Community Manager for TERA and EME.

    I think you misunderstood me a little since I was asking for your personal opinion. Just based on how you play what what you enjoy, why would you say the event is a grind? Again with the discussion focused around the topic of Wintera.
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Vunak wrote: »
    I don't know where the line is for grind vs fun if I did I would be the Community Manager for TERA and EME.

    I think you misunderstood me a little since I was asking for your personal opinion. Just based on how you play what what you enjoy, why would you say the event is a grind? Again with the discussion focused around the topic of Wintera.

    I think it's more a balance of to get the "best" reward you have to do 70 matches or 100 wins if you want the title vs actually doing something worth while. While the rewards may be fun for new players, I have hundreds of elite boxes so the consumables aren't anything I am interested in and the other cosmetic items I have had for years. I think this is the case for a lot of long time TERA players. Everything that is coming from those boxes are things a lot of people had years ago.

    So for long time TERA players it really isn't an event worth doing since a lot of us already have all those items and it would be taking away from actual progression to even run it just for funsies. If there were new things added or new things to acquire more people may have been more satisfied and would of seen it as worth doing. The only new thing would be the titles, which again 100 wins can be daunting.

    So its not a super significant grind, but its also not worth it in the grand scheme of things. Sure its fun a few times, but a lot of us have been doing it for years now.
  • I think is good that the reward for winning is not always a wintera box like last year because it died after 2 weeks when everybody had got everything there was to get, or that they wanted at least. I like to play it just because its fun so it would be good to see the ques stay short
  • MaiAura wrote: »
    I think is good that the reward for winning is not always a wintera box like last year because it died after 2 weeks when everybody had got everything there was to get, or that they wanted at least. I like to play it just because its fun so it would be good to see the ques stay short

    Yeah, it's just terrible when people get what they want over the holidays. Last year was way better. This year, not even wasting my time. I have no interest in playing about 120 games in order to get a snow suit. The mounts aren't worth it seeing as one of them was just thrown out during a leveling event. The other doesn't really go with much.

    Is it really just 2 tokens for a loss? That's what I was told. If it's true, that just seems downright mean. At least during the Halloween event, I could work and earn something for sure. Plus, it was fun to team up and kill minions without dealing with pvp. Yes, i really hate pvp along with the bickering and fighting that it brings. With this, I could be playing up to 350 games for a snow suit. That's just total torture. Even earning the max achievement will only get you one whopping suit. Thanks, but I think I will save my hands from the clicking and play something else. Mostly all of the other games I play are doing fun things rather than throw out old cosmetics and a big old grindfest. Most of the comments are from people that don't even want the snowsuit, so I don't get why it has to be so tough to get. Heaven forbid they actually offer some new cosmetic and make that 700 tokens. No, lets make new players really work for those old suits. Guess I'll just wear the 7-day ones we got for free a while back. Hurray!
  • I don't care for rewards.. Wintera is the best Battleground.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Wintera is life. i want my achievement.
  • I literally go into wintera to hop around like rabbit.
    :trollface:
13»
Sign In or Register to comment.