There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• neoakneoak ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    So wait, you are removing something of actual value for Elite so that a few people can get 20 points in achievements?

Nice way to devaluate the Elite subscription further. You already started doing it when you made the Elite Dungeon Reset Scroll be only for certain dungeons. You add something that is really nice (CCB) and then remove it.

Now I have to deal with managing another consumable in the game thanks to those who want 20 achievement points more. Gee, thanks guys.

For the record, not having to deal with so many consumables was the idea behind the removal of the Stamina system, most of the scrolls and potions. So you are going against that.
  • Just my 2 cents...the perma CCB was one of the BEST recent changes... I don't care about ccb, it's cheap and easy to farm. Not having to worry about forgetting it was AMAZING. 6hour CCB's are 10x worse...more chances to forget to apply. PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS. :(
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    streetdog wrote: »
    Hey guys, on the other hand we get gold boosters for being elites. They are very usef.... oh, wait. Never mind

Both, gold booster and the permanent crystalbind are not very useful.

Those are not what makes elite worth... there is almost nothing that makes elite worth but a couple of things at most.

The perma CCB was a small QoL, something that could be done with the everful nostrum. Removing it won't affect you at all since there are so easy to get, however removing that perk is not the way to solve things.

As many have said 20 points for achievements are not worth to get rid of a QoL perk.

Talking about other matters
    We removed Quarter-Day Signs from vendors.

:cry:
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man now open your Elite Consumable Boxes, half of your inventory goes full lols The heck :neutral:
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    streetdog wrote: »
    Hey guys, on the other hand we get gold boosters for being elites. They are very usef.... oh, wait. Never mind

Both, gold booster and the permanent crystalbind are not very useful.

Those are not what makes elite worth... there is almost nothing that makes elite worth but a couple of things at most.

The perma CCB was a small QoL, something that could be done with the everful nostrum. Removing it won't affect you at all since there are so easy to get, however removing that perk is not the way to solve things.

As many have said 20 points for achievements are not worth to get rid of a QoL perk.

Talking about other matters
    We removed Quarter-Day Signs from vendors.

:cry:

Gold booster was useful when gold was expensive, hard to get and mobs dropped it in decent quantities. That has been eroded over the years, and gold drops were nerfed even before the gold boost was introduced (Three Towers was a heavy gold farming spot back in 2012, when 30 days subscriptions as Chronoscrolls used to cost 2000 gold in the broker)

Crystalbind is a perk to counter an obsolete system from when TERA was P2P. Back then, crystals could be bought from vendors, best ones were dungeon drops only and Zyrks were obtainable by grinding dailies/reputation. This was an effective goldsink. Same as the old Masterwork when you bought Masterwork Alkahest from the Specialty Vendor for 30g ea, etc.

Funny enough, Crystals used to be obtainable as RNG from the Destiny/Lucky Eggs in KR and in NA open beta. That was removed in NA launch and made crystals really expensive at the beginning due to breakage.

Now, crystal breakage should have been removed with the Stamina system.

It is something useful to have while the breakage system exists, and it gives the Elite sub a small incentive to have.
  • This is terrible. I really enjoyed continuous crystalbind and I don't want to go back to having to manage if crystalbind is still active or not.
  • Orrr community lets all tape our mouths shut and face the consequences of our own actions and words -Mind blown-

As for the toggle on and off switch for perma ccb, bad idea can lead to spaghetti coding and bugs beyond imaginable and or possible leads to exploits, cause we all know how ethical this community really is js.

Possible solution:

Upon reaching level 65 you are given a pet as well as some automatic achievements through the eme system at some point as an auto completion method. Now call me a conspiracy type of guy but what if.. and I know this might seem extreme... but what if the already hidden achievement that people care so little for just get auto completed at 65 and the rewards get sent via the Parcel Post as did the Allemantheia[Yes, I opened my Village Atlas to type this correctly] achievement and whatever other achievement that gave that random pet to us all upon log in. This thus creates a win / win situation on behalf of EME not having to completely revamp and change stuff that affects the community[Yes, you children], every other major patch that occurs. Cause we all know how hard you guys floor in CR. BOL. and the other earlier dungeons which then meets the criteria for both achievements anyways.

That or just turn perma CCB off pre 65 and give them the chance then, either way it's only 20 points and people achieve hunt after they really have nothing else to do during patches.

Call it toxic sure, I call it bringing realization and a simple solution. Any questions, comments, concerns, hate remarks pm it my way instead of flooding the forum with dumb [filtered] posting thanks guys. c:
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    Man now open your Elite Consumable Boxes, half of your inventory goes full lols The heck :neutral:

You have no idea how right you are on that:

QGYT6ky.png
  • I don't know if this was brought up already, but aren't those legacy cheevos? Meaning that even if someone were to go out of their way to accomplish either task, it would be worth somewhere in between "f**k" and "all" since legacy cheevo point values are rendered null.

So unless there's a spiffy title to get out of this, I also see absolutely no benefit.
  • @Margarethe Hmm. I sit corrected.

Still, 20 whole points. What a game changer, amirite?
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    As an end game player, I hope you reconsider this change. I have Champion Laurel without those archivements, it’s 20 points come on. OR AT LEAST if you are giving crystalbinds on elite boxes, give Complete Crystalbinds (12 hours) not 6 hours. It will become an extra slot of more stuff in your inventory that could be avoided. BE [filtered] SMART EME FOR ONCE JESUS
  • edited December 2017
    Hey all. After reading through everything posted, it looks like you all have a pretty good idea WHY the change is being made. Here's a copy-paste from the patch notes for context:
    To unblock elite status players from gaining the “Imperfect Crystals” and “Ideal Crystals” achievements, we have changed how we deliver Crystalbinding to those players:
    • We have removed Continuous Crystalbind from elite status player accounts.
    • We have added four Complete Veteran Crystalbinds (6 hours) to the daily Elite Consumable Box so players can decide if they want to run with or without Complete Crystalbinds.

The TERA team agrees this isn't the ultimate solution, but we hated the idea that a feature/effect we added was actually blocking people from game content. That's literally one of the worst things we can do, even if it's really minor game content like an achievement. When the perma-crystalbind effect was added, we failed to take those achievements into account and it actually resulted in quite a few Customer Support tickets even if the topic was only brought up in the forums by a few people.

For those of you saying "just have CS unlock those achievements for players who want them" that's also not ideal. We never want to just create a problem that forever means more work for Customer Support. I'm looking at that team right now and they would absolutely TP my desk if that happened.

SO BASICALLY... the TERA team will keep working on the crystalbind situation. Please consider this a temporary fix for the achievement problem with a better solution coming in the next couple maintenance windows.

The end goal is to give Elite players all the crystalbind they could ever want or need in a way that isn't tradeable to other players (because that would be OP). A special Elite-only toggle in the options would be pretty sweet but would need more time to have development work done on Bluehole's end. Delivering CCBs in a different way is a more realistic short-term solution though we recognize you guys aren't totally satisfied with getting 4x 6-hour CCBs because of multiple characters/servers.

Do we replace Gold Boost with CCBs on the Elite bar? If so, do we then move Gold Boost to the consumable box? Gold Boost wasn't a big deal for a while, but in the current gear progression system would that solution be a bummer for people that are thirsty for more gold? Would it put a damper on those leveling brand new accounts? We'd like to hear your thoughts!
  • How many types of crystalbinds do we have already though. Aren't you just blocking up our inventory space. That's also obnoxious. There's no consistency in the type of crystalbinds we get.
  • Make the “solution” not 6 hours but 12. And CCBs that you can stack. EZ GAME
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Do we replace Gold Boost with CCBs on the Elite bar? If so, do we then move Gold Boost to the consumable box? Gold Boost wasn't a big deal for a while, but in the current gear progression system would that solution be a bummer for people that are thirsty for more gold? Would it put a damper on those leveling brand new accounts? We'd like to hear your thoughts!

Re: the gold boost, the big problem with is it is that it didn't really evolve with the times when BHS changed the game to mostly go from monsters/bosses dropping gold to Vanguard Requests granting gold upon completion (below the daily cap). Ever since that change (intended to combat K-TERA's botting problem), people have felt that the gold boost was "useless" -- in fairness, it's not entirely useless, but represents a fraction of the gold you earn in game. If we want to continue to have a relevant gold boost, it would be more useful to have a gold boost on vanguard rewards -- but if you do that, probably 2x is OP. Either way, you'd need to go back to Bluehole and talk to them about it. If they could change the gold boost to be an "always-on" status that applied a passive boost to gold earned via any means (but at a smaller rate), I think people would be much more happy with it. The concern would by trying to find the right rate that balances Elite vs. F2P.