There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey all. After reading through everything posted, it looks like you all have a pretty good idea WHY the change is being made. Here's a copy-paste from the patch notes for context:
    To unblock elite status players from gaining the “Imperfect Crystals” and “Ideal Crystals” achievements, we have changed how we deliver Crystalbinding to those players:
    • We have removed Continuous Crystalbind from elite status player accounts.
    • We have added four Complete Veteran Crystalbinds (6 hours) to the daily Elite Consumable Box so players can decide if they want to run with or without Complete Crystalbinds.

Do we replace Gold Boost with CCBs on the Elite bar? If so, do we then move Gold Boost to the consumable box? Gold Boost wasn't a big deal for a while, but in the current gear progression system would that solution be a bummer for people that are thirsty for more gold? Would it put a damper on those leveling brand new accounts? We'd like to hear your thoughts!

The most profitable ways to get gold are not affected by the gold boost at all, so right now if you take low level characters into consideration you wont get that much from that perk and when you get to be a level 65 it becomes a perk that you won't ever use in the current state of the game.

Removing it will be of not cosecuence at all but before removing something pls consider to add something that can be useful for both new and veteran players or low level and end-game characters.

The perma ccb is a nice qol, is not that important but nice and if you could add it again in someway you can toggle on/off like some skills from classes then it would be ideal.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > Hey all. After reading through everything posted, it looks like you all have a pretty good idea WHY the change is being made. Here's a copy-paste from the patch notes for context:
    > To unblock elite status players from gaining the “Imperfect Crystals” and “Ideal Crystals” achievements, we have changed how we deliver Crystalbinding to those players:
    >
    > * We have removed Continuous Crystalbind from elite status player accounts.
    > * We have added four Complete Veteran Crystalbinds (6 hours) to the daily Elite Consumable Box so players can decide if they want to run with or without Complete Crystalbinds.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The TERA team agrees this isn't the ultimate solution, but we hated the idea that a feature/effect we added was actually blocking people from game content. That's literally one of the worst things we can do, even if it's really minor game content like an achievement. When the perma-crystalbind effect was added, we failed to take those achievements into account and it actually resulted in quite a few Customer Support tickets even if the topic was only brought up in the forums by a few people.
    >
    > For those of you saying "just have CS unlock those achievements for players who want them" that's also not ideal. We never want to just create a problem that forever means more work for Customer Support. I'm looking at that team right now and they would absolutely TP my desk if that happened.
    >
    > SO BASICALLY... the TERA team will keep working on the crystalbind situation. Please consider this a temporary fix for the achievement problem with a better solution coming in the next couple maintenance windows.
    >
    > The end goal is to give Elite players all the crystalbind they could ever want or need in a way that isn't tradeable to other players (because that would be OP). A special Elite-only toggle in the options would be pretty sweet but would need more time to have development work done on Bluehole's end. Delivering CCBs in a different way is a more realistic short-term solution though we recognize you guys aren't totally satisfied with getting 4x 6-hour CCBs because of multiple characters/servers.
    >
    > Do we replace Gold Boost with CCBs on the Elite bar? If so, do we then move Gold Boost to the consumable box? Gold Boost wasn't a big deal for a while, but in the current gear progression system would that solution be a bummer for people that are thirsty for more gold? Would it put a damper on those leveling brand new accounts? We'd like to hear your thoughts!

The whole benefit of the change was that you don't have to remember to repop it. It's a pretty big inconvenience, especially if you end up losing one or several important crystals during a dungeon (I lost crystals when my elite ran out in a dungeon and I had to relog). CCBs are completely worthless. It's not about the gold.
  • pYRV00E.png
    So that is reg crystalbind (stackable), complete veteran ccb (1hour) - comes from weekly vanguard completion, veteran ccb (stackable type), complete veteran ccb, and complete ccb. 5 types already, now we'll have another with the 6 hour versions, yay...

Also Spacecats I really hope you know the gold booster only affects DROPPED gold, and 65 content does not drop gold, and has not for multiple patch cycles. If we're talking about levelling, quests gives more gold than dropped, even when it's doubled, and the elite questers gold boost which is built in (unaffected by the clickable gold boost) along with elite double exp already affects that.
    You suggesting it as a solution to people that are hungry for gold is ??? I don't think you'll ever get more than maybe 70g dropped using the gold boost You'd have to be in the level range of the pre-65 dungeon, and have people afk-ing at the start of the dungeon so you would have the full loot buff, but not split gold with them. Enchanting guardian even at the early enchantment levels costs like 3-4x that, so it's just not worth the effort.
  • I have never felt more regret than now for buying something even when I didn't get anything out of lootboxes. Bought 1.33 years of elite during black friday. Looks like we all get a <lump of coal> for Christmas now. :(
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    I mean now you bring that up. Just change the Gold Boost scroll in the elite bar for a CCB one? Stackable up to 2 times maybe and no need to redeem it from the elite box (eliminating the option of having a 6th CCB slot in our inventory and bank. I don’t know. I just don’t want that in my elite box. I rather just don’t have CCB from elite at all then.

With that you can make the gold boost just like someone said above “5% - 10% more gold from vanguard”.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Man now open your Elite Consumable Boxes, half of your inventory goes full lols The heck :neutral:

That's why I'm just stacking my boxes until something good comes out of them.
    The end goal is to give Elite players all the crystalbind they could ever want or need in a way that isn't tradeable to other players

Spacecats, dood, I have about 400 CCBs chilling in my bank thanks to how easily you can get them from IoD, and that's by playing very little every day. Pretty sure most people (not just Elite) already have all the crystalbind they could ever want or need.
  • Make ccb buff to stack so you can extend it for days of gameplay without having to worry about it expiring ~.~
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Hey all. After reading through everything posted, it looks like you all have a pretty good idea WHY the change is being made. Here's a copy-paste from the patch notes for context:
    To unblock elite status players from gaining the “Imperfect Crystals” and “Ideal Crystals” achievements, we have changed how we deliver Crystalbinding to those players:
    • We have removed Continuous Crystalbind from elite status player accounts.
    • We have added four Complete Veteran Crystalbinds (6 hours) to the daily Elite Consumable Box so players can decide if they want to run with or without Complete Crystalbinds.

The TERA team agrees this isn't the ultimate solution, but we hated the idea that a feature/effect we added was actually blocking people from game content. That's literally one of the worst things we can do, even if it's really minor game content like an achievement. When the perma-crystalbind effect was added, we failed to take those achievements into account and it actually resulted in quite a few Customer Support tickets even if the topic was only brought up in the forums by a few people.

For those of you saying "just have CS unlock those achievements for players who want them" that's also not ideal. We never want to just create a problem that forever means more work for Customer Support. I'm looking at that team right now and they would absolutely TP my desk if that happened.

SO BASICALLY... the TERA team will keep working on the crystalbind situation. Please consider this a temporary fix for the achievement problem with a better solution coming in the next couple maintenance windows.

The end goal is to give Elite players all the crystalbind they could ever want or need in a way that isn't tradeable to other players (because that would be OP). A special Elite-only toggle in the options would be pretty sweet but would need more time to have development work done on Bluehole's end. Delivering CCBs in a different way is a more realistic short-term solution though we recognize you guys aren't totally satisfied with getting 4x 6-hour CCBs because of multiple characters/servers.

Do we replace Gold Boost with CCBs on the Elite bar? If so, do we then move Gold Boost to the consumable box? Gold Boost wasn't a big deal for a while, but in the current gear progression system would that solution be a bummer for people that are thirsty for more gold? Would it put a damper on those leveling brand new accounts? We'd like to hear your thoughts!

A toggle on the bar sounds good.

Part of what's so appealing about Cont CCB is never having to THINK about CCB. And also not having to look at the indicator. I am however willing to give those two things up if it becomes as easy as the battle solution.

Side note: the real insult here is that the veteran CCB stops with a crystal break. Meaning it needs to be reapplied EVERY TIME YOU DIE, just in case. This is what's so terrible. We go from never having to think about it to something that has to be reapplied mid-fight every time you res.

Hunter's gold boost? Where can you even use it? BAMs? No. Dungeons? No. Doesn't affect turn-ins. What drops gold anywhere, except during leveling? SO...tens of gold, and only in dungeons. You get potentially far more from the always-on Questor's gold boost while leveling.

I also suggest you send mail to every character in the game notifying everyone. Or there are going to be a lot of clueless people who logged in and started playing after the patch, and....well.
  • That response made no sense. You traded in a PERMANENT CCB to all the characters on the account to ONE character on the account. Are you actually aware of that ? And before we just had it in a buff bar, now I have to open elite daily box in order to get it. Are you even aware that you TOOK something away and replaced it with garbage solution for a measly achievement that could have been dealt with just by thinking A LITTLE bit more and making a toggle on/off button.

... why did you not consult with community before making these changes? Why did you not make pool and have people vote ? Why do you have make THE WORST [filtered] decisions ? You just basically took yet another reason for people to buy elite.
    ... why did you not consult with community before making these changes? Why did you not make pool and have people vote ? Why do you have make THE WORST [filtered] decisions ? You just basically took yet another reason for people to buy elite.

The perma ccb is not even a reason to buy elite.

Is just a minor QoL that feeds our laziness, nothing more, nothing to make a fuzz over it but if they can give it back in a better way then it will be welcome.
  • JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    How many types of crystalbinds do we have already though. Aren't you just blocking up our inventory space. That's also obnoxious. There's no consistency in the type of crystalbinds we get.

There's actually a lot of different ones in the game. Sure we don't want to clog up inventories but ideally you're using the ones you get, right? If we switch to 3-hour versions, or 12-hour versions, you can always destroy ones you don't need. Again we just want to make sure Elite players have as many crystalbinds as they need. There's no benefit to hoarding extras you don't think you'll use in the future.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Is just a minor QoL that feeds our laziness, nothing more, nothing to make a fuzz over it but if they can give it back in a better way then it will be welcome.

Its a reason for me, and since I am a customer that buys elite, your reply is invalid, so off on your way
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end goal is to give Elite players all the crystalbind they could ever want or need in a way that isn't tradeable to other players (because that would be OP). A special Elite-only toggle in the options would be pretty sweet but would need more time to have development work done on Bluehole's end. Delivering CCBs in a different way is a more realistic short-term solution though we recognize you guys aren't totally satisfied with getting 4x 6-hour CCBs because of multiple characters/servers.
    Many already have enough CCBs to keep it on for years across multiple characters and CCBs on NA have a very low cost due to how many are around. The reason for wanting to have it on permanently is out of convenience and not due to supply. Maintaining CCBs are an inconvenience and takes attention away from actually playing the game.

The Gold boost pre-60 only has a use if you solo BAMs around 30->60. Doing dungeons, or questing results in little gold drops. If Elite is going to maintain any sort of gold boost it would have to be in the form of increasing gold gained from the Vanguard missions. A new person wouldn't have problems with gold now either, Vanguards provide all the gold needed to level up abilities.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Its a reason for me, and since I am a customer that buys elite, your reply is invalid, so off on your way

It seems you can't make a post were you are not insult another being in your life, right?

You are the kind of people that thinks that things that are good for them are good for everyone else and if another don't concur with you then the other one is in the wrong, kind of person that is not even worth discussing something because he is not open to opinions in the first place.

If you are like this in-game also then I can understand why the game is "dead" for you.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Elite totally, would it solve the problem? :#