[PC] Maintenance is now complete. Thank you for your patience!

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

13468918

Comments

  • jongbae wrote: »
    Just put the CCB in the elite bar just like Nostrum (Lots of non tradeable ccb) pop it like a consumable and we all happy. Its just as easy as that.

    Sounds like... per the post above, that's basically what they're doing now. A straight toggle would be a bit better, but I think this is a good solution to give people the option to not use it if they don't want it. You're already hitting buffs on the bar anyway.
  • jongbaejongbae ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @counterpoint / I said it way way back, i just repeated it because everyone seemed to ignore it but spacecats read it \o/

    @ElinUsagi / In general, I didn’t say it to ignore the other ideas but yo give a better solution to the “6 CCB on elite box” Of course the toggle option is a good idea and hopefully they work on it.

    Editing bc of phone sorry.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b50421cf5acae3125c65ba5d8f.jpg


    The plan at the moment is to change the Elite status bar to add multiple Crystalbinds as daily consumables the same way you drink a potion, mount an Elite mount, or use a Gold Boost. We were concerned that we'd have to replace something (like Gold Boost) in order to do this but it looks like that's not the case.

    This will solve the issue of giving Elite players all the CCB they need across multiple characters/servers, not clogging up inventories, and also allowing a state on non-CCB protection that will remind players of the harsh reality of broken crystals... oh and yes, you get an achievement for it.

    That's still against the point of the original change: not having to actually use it every X hours.

    Most players do not care about the cost of CCBs or even inventory, but rather just needing to click it. It being on a long duration makes people tend to forget it often.
  • Obs wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b50421cf5acae3125c65ba5d8f.jpg


    The plan at the moment is to change the Elite status bar to add multiple Crystalbinds as daily consumables the same way you drink a potion, mount an Elite mount, or use a Gold Boost. We were concerned that we'd have to replace something (like Gold Boost) in order to do this but it looks like that's not the case.

    This will solve the issue of giving Elite players all the CCB they need across multiple characters/servers, not clogging up inventories, and also allowing a state on non-CCB protection that will remind players of the harsh reality of broken crystals... oh and yes, you get an achievement for it.

    That's still against the point of the original change: not having to actually use it every X hours.

    Most players do not care about the cost of CCBs or even inventory, but rather just needing to click it. It being on a long duration makes people tend to forget it often.

    i think its fine until they can add the toggle version of crystalbind. at least i can click the ccb everytime i pop a bravery and nos so i wont forget as much as it just being in inventory. i hope they make the elite versions renew the timer everytime i click it or that could be a pain if it runs out mid boss fight
  • Change it back please. Just move these nonsense achievements to the legacy tab where all the other unachievable ones are like nexus, ToT, Sirjuka Gallery, etc. achievements.
  • edited December 2017
    Change it back please. Just move these nonsense achievements to the legacy tab where all the other unachievable ones are like nexus, ToT, Sirjuka Gallery, etc. achievements.

    For now they can't change the achievements or the way they count, since it's set for BHS, but ultimately this might be the better solution -- I personally think those achievements are a bit silly and counterintuitive anyway. But because they're active and give points for now... this solution is an acceptable compromise for the short-term.

    Rajion wrote: »
    i hope they make the elite versions renew the timer everytime i click it or that could be a pain if it runs out mid boss fight

    That should be how it will work; like the other consumables on the bar.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change it back please. Just move these nonsense achievements to the legacy tab where all the other unachievable ones are like nexus, ToT, Sirjuka Gallery, etc. achievements.

    For now they can't change the achievements or the way they count, since it's set for BHS, but ultimately this might be the better solution -- I personally think those achievements are a bit silly and counterintuitive anyway. But because they're active and give points for now... this solution is an acceptable compromise.

    The thing that got most my attention is tha Spacecat said many players sent support tickets complaining about the issue of not being able to complete this achievement with the elite status perk.

    Now I wonder if other people have tried this when adressing an issue at all.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    People were complaining back to back why EME did this, they ruined the game, blah blah. EME changes that, they complain EME ruined the game, blah blah.

    and then we expect EME to take our feedback seriously lol. DAFUQ :neutral:
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    People were complaining back to back why EME did this, they ruined the game, blah blah. EME changes that, they complain EME ruined the game, blah blah.

    and then we expect EME to take our feedback seriously lol. DAFUQ :neutral:

    That's borderline disgusting.
    Please, there's no need for that.

    Unfortunately, she isn't wrong.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    People were complaining back to back why EME did this, they ruined the game, blah blah. EME changes that, they complain EME ruined the game, blah blah.

    and then we expect EME to take our feedback seriously lol. DAFUQ :neutral:

    That's borderline disgusting.
    Please, there's no need for that.

    Feedback to improve the game is needed, what Vi maybe want to adress is a problem that is present in many games and is not exclusive on Tera, people complaining gets the more attention and what spacecats said is what bother me the most, as he said that these people were sending support tickets and that make me think that support didn't want to deal with those complains and chose to get rid off the thing causing those complains.

    Many have adressed that he issue about the achievements will not hinder those trying to get laurels, the heck one of my friends have a diamond laurel and doesn't have this achievement at all proving that 20 points won't stop you to get those laurels.

    However this in the eyes of others proved to be a major issue and support was having a hard time with the flood or at leas is what spacecat post make me believe.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    ... why did you not consult with community before making these changes? Why did you not make pool and have people vote ? Why do you have make THE WORST [filtered] decisions ? You just basically took yet another reason for people to buy elite.

    The perma ccb is not even a reason to buy elite.

    Is just a minor QoL that feeds our laziness, nothing more, nothing to make a fuzz over it but if they can give it back in a better way then it will be welcome.

    Any single part of the Elite bonuses can be, and are a reason for buying elite. Think for a second, yeah?
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Its a reason for me, and since I am a customer that buys elite, your reply is invalid, so off on your way

    It seems you can't make a post were you are not insult another being in your life, right?

    You are the kind of people that thinks that things that are good for them are good for everyone else and if another don't concur with you then the other one is in the wrong, kind of person that is not even worth discussing something because he is not open to opinions in the first place.

    If you are like this in-game also then I can understand why the game is "dead" for you.

    Oh my god please grow some thicker skin instead of getting offended over every single time someone disagrees with you.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tewii wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    ... why did you not consult with community before making these changes? Why did you not make pool and have people vote ? Why do you have make THE WORST [filtered] decisions ? You just basically took yet another reason for people to buy elite.

    The perma ccb is not even a reason to buy elite.

    Is just a minor QoL that feeds our laziness, nothing more, nothing to make a fuzz over it but if they can give it back in a better way then it will be welcome.

    Any single part of the Elite bonuses can be, and are a reason for buying elite. Think for a second, yeah?

    If you compare the removal from trade broker fees with most things you get from elite you can see an huge diference in QoL for some of its perks.

    The QoL that the perma ccb offers is one click every 12 hours of game play for a bonus stat that can be adquired using... 1 gold in game or a drop from IoD and dungeons that is rather frecuent.

    The everful nostrum is almost the same thing but it is a 30 minutes duration.

    To get the most advantages from elites as all their reset scrolls you maybe need to be a no lifer.

    Think for a sencond, yeah?
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    While I'm all for being able to acquire those achievements for people who want them (they're required to have Champion in "Progression", and I understand the feeling of just wanting that whole category complete) I find this change ridiculous.

    Ignoring the fact that the CCBs given on our elite bar will be 3 hour versions instead of a 12 hour..(like, why?) You've made everyone with elite comfortable with just playing and not worrying about crystal breakage, now because we've had perm ccb for a month+ there will be plenty of people forgetting to pop CCB again and losing crystals. Sure the prices aren't all too high but this just feels like a pointless change that may or may not be used to show EmE is still "updating" Elite Status. >.>

    The trend of "updating" something by removing it entirely is starting to show.

    Tbh, this feature shouldn't have ever been introduced since now it's becoming worse than popping a 12 hour ccb. I'd say it would be nice if a little more thought was put into things but then it would just take longer to get even more things done, already takes months to "update" a shop for November, actually not do anything, and then turn around and say it's just being removed instead 2 weeks into December.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »
    The trend of "updating" something by removing it entirely is starting to show.

    Tbh, this feature shouldn't have ever been introduced since now it's becoming worse than popping a 12 hour ccb. I'd say it would be nice if a little more thought was put into things but then it would just take longer to get even more things done, already takes months to "update" a shop for November, actually not do anything, and then turn around and say it's just being removed instead 2 weeks into December.

    Do not worry, the next upgrade will remove ccb drops from IoD bams so you will have more meaning for those crystalbinds from elite and vanguards.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Partyblast wrote: »
    The trend of "updating" something by removing it entirely is starting to show.

    Tbh, this feature shouldn't have ever been introduced since now it's becoming worse than popping a 12 hour ccb. I'd say it would be nice if a little more thought was put into things but then it would just take longer to get even more things done, already takes months to "update" a shop for November, actually not do anything, and then turn around and say it's just being removed instead 2 weeks into December.

    Do not worry, the next upgrade will remove ccb drops from IoD bams so you will have more meaning for those crystalbinds from elite and vanguards.

    Or more use from this QoL buff you say doesn't matter!

    cx

    [And before you respond, I haven't insulted you or your intelligence, please bring any complaints to Squirrelco Ltd.]
Sign In or Register to comment.