Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• Spacecats wrote: »
    beeea97c622c5614a80371eb0aece7082a3ff1b50421cf5acae3125c65ba5d8f.jpg

The plan at the moment is to change the Elite status bar to add multiple Crystalbinds as daily consumables the same way you drink a potion, mount an Elite mount, or use a Gold Boost. We were concerned that we'd have to replace something (like Gold Boost) in order to do this but it looks like that's not the case.

This will solve the issue of giving Elite players all the CCB they need across multiple characters/servers, not clogging up inventories, and also allowing a state of non-CCB protection that will remind players of the harsh reality of broken crystals... oh and yes, you get an achievement for it.

this is a terrible solution imo. manually using ccbs on every single one of my characters is the annoying part, the "free" ccb is negligible because they're already given out like candy. i literally have hundreds in my bank. the convenience was in not needing to use one at all. on top of that, you're giving out the trash versions of them for some reason???
  • I'm still quite sad with this change. Should be unlimited in the elite bar like the everful nostrum and for significantly longer duration. If it works like the everful nostrum does there is no reason to not make it unlimited use. I get that some people say its a "good" compromise until the toggle gets here, but I can't help but feel that the toggle is something that will never happen and we will be stuck with this forever. That's why I still don't feel this is a positive change for elite.
  • Here's the poll result for Perm CCB so far:
    Vote for perm CCB: 1000
    Vote for no perm CCB: 1 |d|ot
  • I was having a browse through the broker on MT and I realised something:

1) Before the Perma-CCB buff for Elite, CCBs on MT were selling at roughly 100 ~ 110G each.
    2) After the Perma-CCB Buff was applied, CCBs instantly dropped in price to 10G each, dropping as low as 3G each before the CCB change was announced.
    3) After the announcement was made to change the CCB buff to 6 hour CBs from the Consumable Box, someone bought out all the CCB and are now listing them at 200g each. That's potentially 199G profit for each CCB re-sold.

Nice work EME.

I don't know about other servers, but I would not be surprised if something similar is going on.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    I was having a browse through the broker on MT and I realised something:

1) Before the Perma-CCB buff for Elite, CCBs on MT were selling at roughly 100 ~ 110G each.
    2) After the Perma-CCB Buff was applied, CCBs instantly dropped in price to 10G each, dropping as low as 3G each before the CCB change was announced.
    3) After the announcement was made to change the CCB buff to 6 hour CBs from the Consumable Box, someone bought out all the CCB and are now listing them at 200g each. That's potentially 199G profit for each CCB re-sold.

Nice work EME.

I don't know about other servers, but I would not be surprised if something similar is going on.

I dont really know how that person can make profit from something that drops quite often from dungeons and mobs in the open world.

If EME is going to remove those drops then it will make him get profit, otherwise he only give away his gold to the charity system.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Nice work EME.

I dont really know how that person can make profit from something that drops quite often from dungeons and mobs in the open world.

If EME is going to remove those drops then it will make him get profit, otherwise he only give away his gold to the charity system.

You're assuming that people actually pick them up, and I know a lot of people that don't when doing IoD.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Nice work EME.

You're assuming that people actually pick them up, and I know a lot of people that don't when doing IoD.

Yeah, I am assuming, I have a bad habit to take all monsters drop in the ground so my nature was reflected on my words.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Either put unlimited 12 hour ones on the bar or give us back the permanent. Because your 3 hour solution isn't a solution, its a band-aid to a problem YOU GUYS CREATED. So stop creating problems just to fix it and say hey were the good guys look. Because thats a [filtered] business practice, You lose your players trust over time and as im sure your aware of us "salty" old players, we keep losing more and more trust every day. Eventually it'll pop.

This broker business is a gross over-reaction that will be corrected once the patch hits -- it's just people taking advantage of FUD. You'll have 24 3-hour ones on the bar per server, so there is not enough time in the day for it to run out. Even if your account had 18 characters on the server, they could each get one 3-hour CCB and have 6 leftover. The people doing this flipping are just hoping that people haven't paid attention and only got so far as "they're turning off permanent CCB" to spin their excess CCB before everyone realizes what's going on.

It's too bad there wasn't an option to "short" items on the broker somehow, because I guarantee this will come back crashing down.

(Source: Updated patch notes)
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Either put unlimited 12 hour ones on the bar or give us back the permanent. Because your 3 hour solution isn't a solution, its a band-aid to a problem YOU GUYS CREATED. So stop creating problems just to fix it and say hey were the good guys look. Because thats a [filtered] business practice, You lose your players trust over time and as im sure your aware of us "salty" old players, we keep losing more and more trust every day. Eventually it'll pop.

This broker business is a gross over-reaction that will be corrected once the patch hits -- it's just people taking advantage of FUD. You'll have 24 3-hour ones on the bar per server, so there is not enough time in the day for it to run out. Even if your account had 18 characters on the server, they could each get one 3-hour CCB and have 6 leftover. The people doing this flipping are just hoping that people haven't paid attention and only got so far as "they're turning off permanent CCB" to spin their excess CCB before everyone realizes what's going on.

It's too bad there wasn't an option to "short" items on the broker somehow, because I guarantee this will come back crashing down.

(Source: Updated patch notes)

First of all if you read my post i was well aware of the 24 x 3 hour crystal binds since i actually mentioned it in the part of the post you didn't quote. Now 3 hour crystal binds (im not gonna call it a complete one because that is a disservice to it) are going to be frustrating for ALOT of players who play the game because people will forget to put them on and will constantly break crystals and everytime that happens they will remember that EME took away their ability to have a permanent CCB and that will build ire with people.
    Having to update you ccb regularly is stupid when the norm for the past 3 years of playing tera was using 12 hour CCB's that we didnt have to refresh that often, rewind to recently we were given permament ones which was a actual nice addition to elite and now they are putting a inferior version in the name of helping 3 achievement hunters in the entire game?
    If people wanted to get the achievement that badly they would of waited for their elite to run out, do the achievement then pop elite back on 10 minutes later. This work around that EME has proposed is literally the worst thing they could of done bar removing it. Why does it have to be 1 step forward and 30 steps back with the damn company.
    Not to mention achievement hunters are freaking used to waiting hours for spawns, what makes you think waiting 12 hours for a ccb to finish would be so damn difficult. So at the damn minimum we should be given 12 hour CCBs x 24 AT THE MINIMUM. IF achievement hunters are really the cause of this and not some behind the scenes insidious thing.
    The broker was just a side affect thing. But it shows what players know more than some people running this stuff.
  • No worries, EME as usual ignoring playerbase.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 ✭✭✭
    Way to cater to the 1%, brings back 1% memories from 2014
  • DXM wrote: »
    I'm still quite sad with this change. Should be unlimited in the elite bar like the everful nostrum and for significantly longer duration. If it works like the everful nostrum does there is no reason to not make it unlimited use. I get that some people say its a "good" compromise until the toggle gets here, but I can't help but feel that the toggle is something that will never happen and we will be stuck with this forever. That's why I still don't feel this is a positive change for elite.

Agreed.
  • this is a terrible solution imo. manually using ccbs on every single one of my characters is the annoying part, the "free" ccb is negligible because they're already given out like candy.

The crystalbinds we're adding to the Elite bar will require players to use one every 3 hours. You'll need to click it less often than an Everful Nostrum and it won't take up space in your inventory.
  • @Spacecats but default ccb 12h, why elite should click it every 3h?
  • Gunno wrote: »
    No worries, EME as usual ignoring playerbase.

The implementation of Elite CCB and resulting changes to this feature are a 100% direct result of player feedback.