There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »
    Gunno wrote: »
    @Spacecats you just ruined all elite - elite player can die 24 times per day and must use ccb every death. Is it your solution? If yes, then "thx"

There is a difference between "Crystalbind" which expires after protecting a crystal and "Complete Crystalbind" which remains for the full duration regardless of how many crystals it protects. This change may be awful and the whole elite "update" wasn't well thought out at all but don't go around providing false information.

However when this change does happen tomorrow and they use CBs instead of CCBs, well then they just massively screwed up on a whole new level.
    Catservant wrote: »

Oh but you CAN run out. Because everything with the word "veteran" in it ends when a crystal would have broken.

So, say I'm learning a dungeon. If I die a LOT, I could easily go through all 24. in one day.

Veteran actually just represents it's untradeable status, it was the same wording used on Instance Reset Scrolls.

I just checked in game. Veteren's CCB (I have two versions in bank of Veteren's COMPLETE Crystal Bind) expire when the crystal would have. It says so, on the tooltip, anyway.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Either put unlimited 12 hour ones on the bar or give us back the permanent. Because your 3 hour solution isn't a solution, its a band-aid to a problem YOU GUYS CREATED. So stop creating problems just to fix it and say hey were the good guys look. Because thats a [filtered] business practice, You lose your players trust over time and as im sure your aware of us "salty" old players, we keep losing more and more trust every day. Eventually it'll pop.

This broker business is a gross over-reaction that will be corrected once the patch hits -- it's just people taking advantage of FUD. You'll have 24 3-hour ones on the bar per server, so there is not enough time in the day for it to run out. Even if your account had 18 characters on the server, they could each get one 3-hour CCB and have 6 leftover. The people doing this flipping are just hoping that people haven't paid attention and only got so far as "they're turning off permanent CCB" to spin their excess CCB before everyone realizes what's going on.

It's too bad there wasn't an option to "short" items on the broker somehow, because I guarantee this will come back crashing down.

(Source: Updated patch notes)

Oh but you CAN run out. Because everything with the word "veteran" in it ends when a crystal would have broken.

So, say I'm learning a dungeon. If I die a LOT, I could easily go through all 24. in one day.

That's obviously a bug, because it makes no sense, and it never worked that way before. The "veteran" just denoted untradable. Otherwise, why the hell would you ever use a Complete Veteran Crystalbind over a Veteran Crystalbind? (A Veteran Crystalbind lasts indefinitely until it breaks, but Complete lasts for <x> time or until it breaks whatever comes sooner? The regular one would be better!)

Just to make sure everyone is on the same page with what these Crystalbinds are:
    1. You are correct that Veteran simply means untradable, and the 24 3-hour Veteran Complete Crystalbinds will be just that--COMPLETE Crystalbinds. They will not disappear upon death, only after 3 hours. They are essentially the 12-hour CCBs, but they only last 3 hours.
    2. Veteran Crystalbinds do not last indefinitely. They last 60 minutes or until death.

So, no, this Elite change isn't the worst it could be. However, I still stand by the fact that it is clearly less convenient than a permanent always-on Complete Crystalbind on every character, and it is being made less convenient SOLELY because of 2 (two) 20-point achievements that are neither necessary to play the game nor necessary to obtain Champion laurel (the highest available laurel).

This change makes Elite less worth it's $15 price.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    @Partyblast you can just login and read description for Complete Veteran Crystalbind from VG reward
    It's a bug in the text only. It actually works exactly like a CCB. Apparently the text will be fixed tomorrow.

Pages wrote: »
    However, I still stand by the fact that it is clearly less convenient than a permanent always-on Complete Crystalbind on every character, and it is being made less convenient SOLELY because of 2 (two) 20-point achievements that are neither necessary to play the game nor necessary to obtain Champion laurel (the highest available laurel).
    I agree that it's less convenient, and I personally don't care about these achievements either. But I also can see the politics here that required this sort of compromise. Hopefully, like I said, either BHS can make it a toggle or remove these achievements entirely.
  • Catservant wrote: »
    Partyblast wrote: »
    @Spacecats you just ruined all elite - elite player can die 24 times per day and must use ccb every death. Is it your solution? If yes, then "thx"

There is a difference between "Crystalbind" which expires after protecting a crystal and "Complete Crystalbind" which remains for the full duration regardless of how many crystals it protects. This change may be awful and the whole elite "update" wasn't well thought out at all but don't go around providing false information.

However when this change does happen tomorrow and they use CBs instead of CCBs, well then they just massively screwed up on a whole new level.

Veteran actually just represents it's untradeable status, it was the same wording used on Instance Reset Scrolls.

I just checked in game. Veteren's CCB (I have two versions in bank of Veteren's COMPLETE Crystal Bind) expire when the crystal would have. It says so, on the tooltip, anyway.

Tooltips are very inconsistent on many things, and reporting them doesn't usually get it fixed sadly. :shrug:
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    @Partyblast you can just login and read description for Complete Veteran Crystalbind from VG reward
    It's a bug in the text only. It actually works exactly like a CCB. Apparently the text will be fixed tomorrow.

GRAZZI! I sit corrected.
  • Seriously? Removing the continuous crystalbind? So now if I decide to run on my mystic,which isn't my main, I have to remember a ccb and not use one of the two vet ones on my main so I can safely run on mystic? So when my sorc's runs out I better just make sure I live? I mean ok, I do have a lot of ccb stocked up...but once I run out of them. Or what about when I decide I finally wanna learn ti play ninja. Then I gotta split these new vet ccb between three characters and prioritize?

All this cause a select few, very few, people want hidden achievements that won't keep them from getting champion laurel? This was a good thing for people to get with paying for elite. Now what do I get for elite? The journal and the other thing. Mount...meh, I have a flying mount as does everyone who has hit 65. So what do I get? The journal and the other thing...not really worth it on their own.
    edited December 2017
    Avignon wrote: »
    Seriously? Removing the continuous crystalbind? So now if I decide to run on my mystic,which isn't my main, I have to remember a ccb and not use one of the two vet ones on my main so I can safely run on mystic? So when my sorc's runs out I better just make sure I live? I mean ok, I do have a lot of ccb stocked up...but once I run out of them. Or what about when I decide I finally wanna learn ti play ninja. Then I gotta split these new vet ccb between three characters and prioritize?

It's more inconvenient to have to click the bar, but you won't have to split and prioritize. 24 x 3hr per day means you'll have enough for all, and they do work just like regular CCBs (don't expire upon crystal breakage).
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Well this is player feed back if this forum shows anything. So keep the old changes or people will see it like this.
    a9mLgCA.jpg
    Xristosx wrote: »
    Well this is player feed back if this forum shows anything. So keep the old changes or people will see it like this.
    https://i.imgur.com/a9mLgCA.jpg

They'll visibly see the CCB item right on the bar when they login, so SAO is a terrible example... lol
  • c0gc0g ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    No worries, EME as usual ignoring playerbase.

The implementation of Elite CCB and resulting changes to this feature are a 100% direct result of player feedback.

Guys, if we all want the Perm CCB back up again, we should all send FRESH feedback to ask it back. Then EME will have to implement the Perm CCB feature that would be a "100% direct result of FRESH player feedback". I will send my ticket to ask for a TOGGLE ON/OFF feature that doesn't change (even if you LOG OFF) until you toggle it again. This should be a win-win solution to assuage both sides. I ll share a printscreen of my ticket here. It would help to give a sense of how strong player requests are for this feature if you could put yours up here as well.
  • I fail to see why you can’t just add potion in store that would make your crystals BREAKABLE for 30 min for everyone? Like reverse cb placed just next to drop dmg reduction one? Wouldn’t it fix problem for EVERYONE both ccb stuck completionist and elite players who need achivments for any reasons...? No need to nerf liked feature.
    kairek wrote: »
    I fail to see why you can’t just add potion in store that would make your crystals BREAKABLE for 30 min for everyone? Like reverse cb placed just next to drop dmg reduction one? Wouldn’t it fix problem for EVERYONE both ccb stuck completionist and elite players who need achivments for any reasons...? No need to nerf liked feature.

Because it's something BHS would have to program and add to the game. In the grand scheme of things, it would be one of many possible options, but it doesn't change the short-term.
  • edited December 2017
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    No worries, EME as usual ignoring playerbase.

The implementation of Elite CCB and resulting changes to this feature are a 100% direct result of player feedback.

But how many people actually complained? They decided to get Elite KNOWING it would come with permanent complete crystalbind. As far as I am concerned, that's their fault. If they want two minuscule achievements that are only worth 20 points, they can not get Elite. Simple.

Some players want Elite and the ability to get the same in-game achievements as everyone else. This isn't a mistake on any player's part, just just an unintended consequence. There's no use in blaming players for getting (or already having) Elite status.
    Why should everyone else who wanted the permanent crystalbind be punished for the ignorance of others?

This definitely isn't intended as any sort of punishment. This method has a single downside vs. the perma-buff, and that's having to click the Elite bar once every few hours of play. I won't argue that having to click a thing is more convenient vs. not having to click a thing, but it's a solution that doesn't punish anyone looking to complete game content that should be available to everybody.
    EDIT: Not to mention that those two achievements should have never existed. It's counter-productive and just encourages users to blow gold, which is already blown a lot with Arsenal, to replace their crystals.

While the achievements definitely aren't required it's a bit harsh to say they should't have ever existed. Not all game content needs to revolve around making gold and enchanting gear. If that's all there was to TERA we wouldn't need any of the awesome story moments or quests that make the game what it is.
  • > @counterpoint said:
    Because it's something BHS would have to program and add to the game. In the grand scheme of things, it would be one of many possible options, but it doesn't change the short-term.

I thought we already have/had consumables that were not in ktera?
  • Another thing to mention i stayed logged into the game longer because i didn't need to care about ccb, but not since it'll be 3 hours ill have to close the game so i don't accidentally forget next time i log on and immediately break a crystal.