[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Permanent Crystal Bind Being Removed...[Discussion]

Comments

• kairek wrote: »
    > @counterpoint said:
    Because it's something BHS would have to program and add to the game. In the grand scheme of things, it would be one of many possible options, but it doesn't change the short-term.

I thought we already have/had consumables that were not in ktera?

It's not that they couldn't conceivably do it, but it'd have to be programmed by BHS (even if other regions didn't get it). This is basically a short-term fix. If BHS were going to do work, I'd rather some of the other options on the table (i.e. making CCB toggleable option, removing the achievements, making the achievements so that it counts when a crystal "would have" broken if you're wearing a CCB, etc. etc.)
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Why should everyone else who wanted the permanent crystalbind be punished for the ignorance of others?

This definitely isn't intended as any sort of punishment. This method has a single downside vs. the perma-buff, and that's having to click the Elite bar once every few hours of play. I won't argue that having to click a thing is more convenient vs. not having to click a thing, but it's a solution that doesn't punish anyone looking to complete game content that should be available to everybody.

How is something normally permanently on then being changed to not permanently on and requiring constant input not a punishment? Do you actually play the game longer than 1-2 hours a week? I was happy when we got the permanent but now you guys have to remove it and your toting it as a solution to a problem that we should praise you guys when it is causing a inconvenience for 99% of the player base.
    If were catering to the 0.1% of the player base then, how about we also buff the RKEM drops since their crap, or how about RKEM doesnt give any metamorphic tokens despite KTERA giving out 4k tokens each clear(how is NA getting worse drops then the grindier version of tera?), or letsee another minor problem why does RKHM give the same gear exp as RKNM and TRHM? When it requires far more effort than those 2 dungeons.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    this is a terrible solution imo. manually using ccbs on every single one of my characters is the annoying part, the "free" ccb is negligible because they're already given out like candy.

The crystalbinds we're adding to the Elite bar will require players to use one every 3 hours. You'll need to click it less often than an Everful Nostrum and it won't take up space in your inventory.

??? how does this address my concern? I have infinite free ccbs in my bank that last 4x as long as the elite ones already. not to mention the hundreds of 1 hour garbage ones vanguard gives out now, or the 1-use ones that i literally throw on the floor because they're worse than useless. the fact is, this change gives us one more chore to do every time we change chars, or start a fight or do anything. you're making elite worse because a few people complained about 20 achievement points, several months after promising to make elite better.
  • c0gc0g ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    It is clear EME will not make any further changes unless perhaps we pile them with NEW FEEDBACK. Let's not deviate from the subject any further. If any of you want the Perm CCB back bad enough for the foreseeable future, submit your ticket already, don't let other ideas sidetrack you.

Here's mine:

HVLX4Vz.jpg

And here's the same in text form (for those too lazy to write a new ticket all over again and just wish to copy and paste):

Dear Support

As an Elite player, I am absolutely disappointed that you guys have decided to remove the Permanent CCB feature from the Elite bar just so "To unblock elite status players from gaining the “Imperfect Crystals” and “Ideal Crystals” achievements", that I understand is a "100% direct result of player feedback" previously, as Spacecats has explained.

The reason why we asked for the Permanent CCB feature for Elite status is precisely so we do not have to constantly mind or worry if the CCB effect has been activated while we are in combat. Despite numerous players sounding this out in the forums (https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/19588/permanent-crystal-bind-being-removed-discussion/p1), EME has FAILED TO UNDERSTAND what elite status players really want. It is not free CCB we are asking, NO and DO NOT mistake us for this, but a permanent feature just so elite players need not ever think about whether the CCB effect is on whenever they go into a fight.

You guys have kindly gave us this feature for the past month, and we have been so appreciative of it, but only for it to be replaced by a temporary CCB effect that has to be activated every X hours. This is as good as not putting any CCB feature on the Elite bar at all. Players will still have to remind themselves to activate the CCB effect every so often, which defeats the entire purpose to begin with.

In the same way you have so removed the Permanent CB effect which is a "100% direct result of player feedback", I will now submit my feedback to ask for a win-win solution for both types of elite users:

PLEASE INTRODUCE A TOGGLE ON/OFF CCB FEATURE (as suggested here https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/195300/#Comment_195300) IN THE ELITE BAR, AND ONE THAT DOESN'T CHANGE EVEN IF THE PLAYER LOGS OFF, UNTIL THE PLAYER DECIDES TO TOGGLE THE OPTION.

This should not be a difficult feature to implement. It would surely satisfy elite players seeking the achievements concerned, as well as the larger elite player base who do not wish to ever mind if the CCB effect has been activated.

Thank you.
  • edited December 2017
    c0g wrote: »
    And here's the same in text form (for those too lazy to write a new ticket all over again and just wish to copy and paste):

To be honest, they'll probably tell you to post game suggestions on the forum. The original issue actually was a support issue because part of the game was broken. Although the method of solving the problem isn't great, they've now eliminated the support issue. EME already knows full-well that people would prefer a toggle or some other better solution, but it depends on BHS to program it. Either that or BHS has to remove the achievements. Support has no say in what features get implemented by BHS.
  • edited December 2017
    Margarethe wrote: »

To be honest, they'll probably tell you to post game suggestions on the forum. The original issue actually was a support issue because part of the game was broken. Although the method of solving the problem isn't great, they've now eliminated the support issue. EME already knows full-well that people would prefer a toggle or some other better solution, but it depends on BHS to program it. Either that or BHS has to remove the achievements. Support has no say in what features get implemented by BHS.

Game suggestions section is "retired".
    Unless I misunderstood.

I mean, here in general -- i.e. in this thread. In other words, it'll just come back full circle, but will take their time for something they can't help you with. The change didn't happen because people "petitioned" support like some sort of poll, but because it was an actual support issue.
  • YubeYube ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    WTH?! I liked the idea of permanent ccb, this way I finally don't forget to turn it on and lose crystals :v and now I have to get along with just 24x3 hour ccb? 24 that only lasts 3 hours?! seriously? for crybabies that wanted 2 dumb achievements u decide to downgrade it for ALL players? Like wth you think I will remember to turn it on every 3 hours?!...
    EDIT: so can i write support for every broken crystal? ^^
  • Margarethe wrote: »

Unless I misunderstood.

I mean, here in general -- i.e. in this thread. In other words, it'll just come back full circle, but will take their time for something they can't help you with. The change didn't happen because people "petitioned" support like some sort of poll, but because it was an actual support issue.

Whatever it takes. Spam the same feedback over and over to Support, in this thread or another, anything to keep this going. Keep this thread alive until we get the TOGGLE feature. I want it back badly enough, do you all?
  • DXMDXM ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Whatever it takes. Spam the same feedback over and over to Support, in this thread or another, anything to keep this going. Keep this thread alive until we get the TOGGLE feature. I want it back badly enough, do you all?

I have submitted my support ticket for this as well. I care enough to really want perma ccb back permanently.

• edited December 2017
    Margarethe wrote: »

Unless I misunderstood.

It's not that I don't want toggle (or a different solution that allows permanent CCB to be restored). But if I send support a ticket, it's because there's actually something going on that I really need their help for. I don't want them to start ignoring me (or ban/limit me) because I waste their time with feature requests when I know full-well that it's not their jobs and they can't do anything about it.

For the last 5 1/2 years I've played TERA remembering to click my CCB. I loved the always-on part of Elite they added recently, but I can't legitimately be this fatalistic about it. I will still argue for a toggle, removing the achievements, or something else that solves it. The current solution is not a good long-term fix, but I don't think it was intended to be.
  • edited December 2017
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but if they are so concerned with achievements maybe stay consistent and fix the kuma achievements while they are at it, or at least admit that this is all [filtered] and just want to make elite worse again in whatever way they can.
    It's the difference in whose fault it is. Breaking these achievements, EME did by their own decision (works fine in K-TERA and other regions without this Elite feature), and the only other workaround is a) support manually does a thing for every single person (and every single character) who asks, or b) telling paying customers to stop subscribing to elite. The broken Kuma achievements, BHS did and they have to fix. That's why, for whatever it's worth.

• Can we get a definitive list of broken and unable to be completed achievements, since their on the path of fixing achievements because their so concerned about it, i think we should compile it and get EME to fix it next week. Because achievements seem to be a big concern of yours. Like how the title achievement hunters still have to deal with the stupid name NIGHTMARE TRAINER that makes absolutely no sense at all. But please keep making more terrible things, you need something to do to make it look like you guys are actually doing something in the office each day.
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Gunno wrote: »
    No worries, EME as usual ignoring playerbase.

The implementation of Elite CCB and resulting changes to this feature are a 100% direct result of player feedback.

But how many people actually complained? They decided to get Elite KNOWING it would come with permanent complete crystalbind. As far as I am concerned, that's their fault. If they want two minuscule achievements that are only worth 20 points, they can not get Elite. Simple.

Some players want Elite and the ability to get the same in-game achievements as everyone else. This isn't a mistake on any player's part, just just an unintended consequence. There's no use in blaming players for getting (or already having) Elite status.
    Why should everyone else who wanted the permanent crystalbind be punished for the ignorance of others?

This definitely isn't intended as any sort of punishment. This method has a single downside vs. the perma-buff, and that's having to click the Elite bar once every few hours of play. I won't argue that having to click a thing is more convenient vs. not having to click a thing, but it's a solution that doesn't punish anyone looking to complete game content that should be available to everybody.
    EDIT: Not to mention that those two achievements should have never existed. It's counter-productive and just encourages users to blow gold, which is already blown a lot with Arsenal, to replace their crystals.

While the achievements definitely aren't required it's a bit harsh to say they should't have ever existed. Not all game content needs to revolve around making gold and enchanting gear. If that's all there was to TERA we wouldn't need any of the awesome story moments or quests that make the game what it is.

Spacecats, i like you btw because I think you are trying your best, is it possible to enable an option to turn on CCB through the elite bar and if you click it again it goes away. Similar to nocteniums. If that's possible can you implement it to the nostrums?
    Speaking of nocteniums can you add 1000 nocts to the elite bar?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: Not to mention that those two achievements should have never existed. It's counter-productive and just encourages users to blow gold, which is already blown a lot with Arsenal, to replace their crystals.

While the achievements definitely aren't required it's a bit harsh to say they should't have ever existed. Not all game content needs to revolve around making gold and enchanting gear. If that's all there was to TERA we wouldn't need any of the awesome story moments or quests that make the game what it is.

Spacey, it's less about they shouldn't exist because of gold-related reasons, but as I said, they're counter-productive. It's encouraging you to die and break crystals. Anything that encourages you to do something other than keep winning dungeons and progressing further into the story I would say is against the spirit of the game.

(Speaking of awesome story moments, can't wait for the next big story update coming...whenever. lol)
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    this is a terrible solution imo. manually using ccbs on every single one of my characters is the annoying part, the "free" ccb is negligible because they're already given out like candy.

The crystalbinds we're adding to the Elite bar will require players to use one every 3 hours. You'll need to click it less often than an Everful Nostrum and it won't take up space in your inventory.

Might as well just scrap the whole CCB idea.

A 3 hour CCB is still outdone by the previous Complete Crystalbind that lasts for 12 hours. For the QoL of not having to click the 3 hour or having it run off randomly, people are just going to use the 12 hours. Just scrap the whole idea, or make it toggle-able.
    Gunno wrote: »
    No worries, EME as usual ignoring playerbase.

The implementation of Elite CCB and resulting changes to this feature are a 100% direct result of player feedback.

The direct feedback of about 10 people who probably aren't even level 65 yet.