[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Why weren't the dungeon changes added to the patch notes? +rant

2»

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    From issues that happen in the past, they've explained that they receive the patch notes from BHS, and the QA team tests to validate that the changes BHS told them about are in the build (and that the build doesn't otherwise break integration with their systems). If there's something else BHS changed that they neglected to tell EME about, they probably don't know, and therefore they didn't test it, since the basic game testing itself is BHS's job. So now, I assume EME will have to go back to BHS, ask them what else they changed, and then find out whether what they got was what they were supposed to get.
    Mhmmmm i think you said this in a thread really long ago and also why i'm saying this as well hehe

That makes everyone involved completely incompetent.

If the issue start with BHS giving an incomplete notes of what has been changed then is not the fault of EME.

If your job does not involve find out discrepancies from the devs notes and what really was changed then the blame falls on BHS.

However if EME had proper notes (thing that i doubt because has been stated that notes arrive already translated from BHS) about every change in the patch then EME is doing this wrong.
  • c0gc0g ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    As for the lack of proper notes, i think i've already noted in the comment above : either 1) improper changes noted by BHS, 2) insufficient check from EME testing their received build pre-patch by running every single relevant dungeon and checking the drop rate (but is it reasonable though?), or 3) both.
    From issues that happen in the past, they've explained that they receive the patch notes from BHS, and the QA team tests to validate that the changes BHS told them about are in the build (and that the build doesn't otherwise break integration with their systems). If there's something else BHS changed that they neglected to tell EME about, they probably don't know, and therefore they didn't test it, since the basic game testing itself is BHS's job. So now, I assume EME will have to go back to BHS, ask them what else they changed, and then find out whether what they got was what they were supposed to get.

Now that this is known, @Spacecats, will you guys be doing something about it, or do we need to send a ticket?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Feenox wrote: »
    they also forgot to mention that BP has new mechanics now - instead of putting anything actually useful in their patch notes they thought it was important enough to mention that MWA has a lower sell price now. as if anyone cared.
    The changes in BP were never noted in K TERA patch notes either (not even a warning), it was meant for the players to figure out the changes to the mechanic- which means BHS never noted the change in the list they gave to EME and hence why the currently lacking patch notes . . seems even more lacking than it is . .
  • c0g wrote: »
    As for the lack of proper notes, i think i've already noted in the comment above : either 1) improper changes noted by BHS, 2) insufficient check from EME testing their received build pre-patch by running every single relevant dungeon and checking the drop rate (but is it reasonable though?), or 3) both.

Now that this is known, @Spacecats, will you guys be doing something about it, or do we need to send a ticket?

I let them know, anyway, but I'll try to remind again tomorrow or Monday because today is just too crazy for them.