Please stop telling people how to play

1246

Comments

  • MaddwolfMaddwolf ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    If you just wanna play Solo then it's ok for you NOT to want any input and play as you like.....But if you're gonna run with people on a dungeon (especially if said ppl are playing to achieve something) then Yes you better be ready to be told what to do....and guess what...If you want to continue to take part in running with people Then you have to get your SH**T together and play the content/Class you're playing the RIGHT WAY
    ....other wise you're just getting in the way of people who are trying to win/achieve/enjoy the game content....So bottom line.... If you don't like being told how to play a game then don't play it with other ppl. and just stay in your own world.....Or you can take the time to learn your Class and all the current content, ask LOTs of question about said class/content and become good and people will stop telling you what to do....your choice...
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Sethadone wrote: »
    Unless they are inherently bad, lets say...a dps not using right crystals, not using their skills often, (god forbid only auto attacking) no potions, ect ect. Let them just play the game. Not doing what YOU think is right is no excuse. And even then, if they are listening, tell them politely, don't just go "Use growing fury brawler ffs".

    Brawler not using growing fury? why does it matter if they are putting out decent damage (for whatever tier dungeon they are geared for) and holding aggro comfortably, why bother them about it? if a dps is using the best set up available to them currently, but still are doing not the best damage, don't bash them over it if they are doing their part and doing mechanics correctly. If healers are properly healing and keeping a party alive and buffed, don't shout at them cause they forget a debuff or something. They are still keeping you guys alive and that's what counts.

    It doesn't take much to be a decent human being. With all the negativity in the world today, just be kind. You might just make someones day. Or even week. :)

    Can't tell if you're serious or not.... but if you're arguing that people shouldn't complain about a B R A W L E R using GF then I'm going to assume you are new or new to MMO's entirely. That's a vital part of a brawlers mechanics and there are just SOME things that cannot be argued about. If you're not trying to min-max in a korean MMO you are f u d g i n g up big time. The game is too grindy and too time consuming to be wasting time on doing sub-par damage and using sub-par rotations. Which is why everyone who is GOOD roughly plays the same way.. because the math has been calculated, the mechanics have been tested... you have guides and so many people who are willing to show you or tell you the best way to play. If you ignore that, you're just lazy. It isn't hard and you're wasting people's time.

    Also, healers not debuffing? What are you even doing if you can't debuff? I'm so confused! Unless your DPS is complete [filtered] and are getting messed up left and right by every mechanic you have no reason to not debuff. And at that point, most DPS understand that the healer cannot keep debuff uptime at 100% if people are getting rekt lol
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    [...] And at that point, most DPS understand that the healer cannot keep debuff uptime at 100% if people are getting rekt lol

    Oh how I wish life was this easy and most people had working brains...
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    [...] And at that point, most DPS understand that the healer cannot keep debuff uptime at 100% if people are getting rekt lol

    Oh how I wish life was this easy and most people had working brains...

    really? main a healer in hm dungeons with no prob :P
  • lol wow i know you your that brawler who didnt use growing fury for TWO bosses and when i told you to use growing fury because it give you crit power and block on all your attack on the 3rd boss you fliped out and said I can hold aggro im great i have no problem and i dont have to take this [filtered] and you bailed on the party when boss was at 80% hp jokes on you were replaced by a lancer right when we que up if you cant take any advice on how to be a better player and just flip out you got probles
  • fyi any brawler can just sit there and hold aggro with threatening crystals its not because you have skills
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    .
    NLDT4RLDEW wrote: »
    fyi any brawler can just sit there and hold aggro with threatening crystals its not because you have skills

    Any tank can do that.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddwolf wrote: »
    If you just wanna play Solo then it's ok for you NOT to want any input and play as you like.....But if you're gonna run with people on a dungeon (especially if said ppl are playing to achieve something) then Yes you better be ready to be told what to do....and guess what...If you want to continue to take part in running with people Then you have to get your SH**T together and play the content/Class you're playing the RIGHT WAY

    or just spam IMS who care if you are in black list of someone than you never meet again? because he is in another server ;)
  • Any tank can "hold aggro playing badly with an aggro crystal" against bad dps. Based on how quickly I steal aggro on my archer against a brawler who is actually pretty good and deals like 75% of my dps, when he stops attacking for a sec, a lesser brawler wouldn't have a chance. But then again I know how to manage my aggro on archer with feign death to prevent things like that from happening too often
  • Not gonna rant on this subject; I just wish if people were going to bother commenting on bad play, they could think of a polite way to do it. Some people just rage because sub-optimal play and that [filtered] triggers me. There's no reason to start a conversation by shittalking or being angry.

    TWMagimay wrote: »
    I never really know what people mean by "healcarry". It sounds so simple yet people seem so proud of it.

    I know this is off-topic from the original thread idea but I'll try to address this.

    It's when you have a team of traps and/or inexperienced players and you only clear a dungeon because you can heal/shield effectively enough to keep people alive, or keep yourself alive to prevent party wipes while you work out res order, keep the boss from resetting, try to keep remaining party members alive, and/or get the party re-organized and re-buffed.

    Personal opinion: It's the kind of run that gives me the most fun as a healer. Chaos keeps the role interesting. Sucks when I don't clutch properly, but it's fun otherwise. But you know you're the MVP of that particular run, and since you have nothing else interesting going on in your healer life, you tend to remember those runs and be proud of them.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    The LFG on my server is not always filled with parties that are willing to do KD/RG for example and i thought to have a leap of faith and queue to hopefully get the runs done but unfortunately at least 50% of the dps either had weird crystals or no crystals at all and at least 30% of players were not even using nostrum ( i asked someone out of curiosity about nostrum and he said that this is not raiding in WOW to use consumables ).. and with all this happened i guess that glyphs were probably randomly chosen ( some players were even getting 1shot by bosses?? and were not accepting ress leaving us to mostly 4man or sometimes 2man the boss or bosses left depending if it was KD or RG). While at least one DPS per run was not trying to back crit..

    I am confused and at loss.. so i will most likely rely only on LFG..

  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orona wrote: »
    I know this is off-topic from the original thread idea but I'll try to address this.

    It's when you have a team of traps and/or inexperienced players and you only clear a dungeon because you can heal/shield effectively enough to keep people alive, or keep yourself alive to prevent party wipes while you work out res order, keep the boss from resetting, try to keep remaining party members alive, and/or get the party re-organized and re-buffed.

    Personal opinion: It's the kind of run that gives me the most fun as a healer. Chaos keeps the role interesting. Sucks when I don't clutch properly, but it's fun otherwise. But you know you're the MVP of that particular run, and since you have nothing else interesting going on in your healer life, you tend to remember those runs and be proud of them.

    The topic is stupid anyway. Hmmm, I call that "healer carried" and it always confused me since healcarry sounds a lot more like gearcarry(as in, it's the healing that does the carrying not the healer and would mostly revolve around spamhealing a party and not around doing all the things).
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Currently as a K TERA player, i don't like this post much . . there's tons of things that are simply the right thing to do when you play this game, simply for the fact that it's more efficient. the only aspect of this post that i agree with is with how those right things are delivered to others. a brawler not using Growing Fury? i would rather take a Lancer then. it makes sense that a Brawler, definitive of its class be able to output massive dps, even on par with the actual dps in the party. There's a lot more things for a healer to do than "properly healing and keeping a party alive and buffed".

    This is the kind of mindset that pulls in more casuals to the game and increase the amount of population related complaints because the player base is diluted down to being satisfied with simply "holding aggro".
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    if you think you are doing good by doing the bare minimum of your class/role then you're wrong
    healers job is not just to heal and keep people alive, should also keep their buff/debuff uptimes as close to 100% as possible
    same with tanks - tanks job is to hold aggro, use debuffs, enrage at proper times, and pop party buffs at proper times (lancer). they also are supposed to deal damage. to further elaborate, if you arent dealing a significant amount of damage, i dont believe youre holding aggro at all with how aggro currently works. especially brawler. if the brawler is holding aggro without dropping at all WITHOUT growing fury on, then the dps aren't doing their job, either
    and there are certain ways that are best to play every class. thats just a fact & if you cba to learn your class then stop complaining on forums when someone calls you out on it & you get upset
Sign In or Register to comment.