[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Mind over Facts #1

Mind over facts is a series of ideas that cross my mind that doesn't seem to have an answer to them. if you're interested in raising feedback please do comment below.

Whatever happened to those promises features from beta o.o? (They are still on "Hold" features like Player housing, Guild halls not exclusive to limiting guilds and a better LFG system very vague about that statement)

Why are there stop gaps in tera? (Those things that make you feel like your in hell. Simple things that they add to make content longer and more punishing last 3 patch been having these "Stop gaps" which causes people to look for tools to help them avoid the work. then they add even more stop gaps and it's a vicious cycle. The people who don't use those tools suffer) {Anything outside of Tera is a tool even discord which is a gray zone} >.< Please don't bite back from this paragraph please.... x.x

Whatever happened to smart coding? (At the start of tera all content was the same in any way every dungeon was unique. Now you can just sum it up like this 3 bosses uncirtble mobs in the middle and maybe a simple puzzle)

Why is Tera so stale? (Sadly the current state of tera is rather stale. in order to do stuff feels like you have to do chores then you get to have fun. {Do your 50 mins of grinding, Do your 1 hr of looking for people on lfg} Stuff like that is sadly not fun.

What doi want from Tera? (To have fun, to do content, why not make tera crazy fun? Wracky content with colorful events something new at a constant rate. time range of 2-3 months getting a new dungeon sounds good not 2 every 6 months. and make that dungeon for all levels. Making an easy mode - normal - hard mode - extreme not only people would learn the dungeon but it would fell right in tera.)

End of mind over facts #1 (Please comment below if you're interested in anything I said) Also PLEASE ignore paragraph 2 if your basis on that topic.

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Whatever happened to smart coding? (At the start of tera all content was the same in any way every dungeon was unique. Now you can just sum it up like this 3 bosses uncirtble mobs in the middle and maybe a simple puzzle)

I would like to see longer/bigger new dungeons, like we have in the leveling progress, however if you think about the current complains from several players about time invested and rewards earned then dungeons that big will only become being left alone becuase at end game many people cares about getting gold faster.

At this point I don't think bringging something more rich in new dungeons will make happy those who whine most about them.
  • if you only had to do the bare minimum and still make a buttload of money, would you do any more work than needed to make people happy?
  • if you only had to do the bare minimum and still make a buttload of money, would you do any more work than needed to make people happy?

I completely agree with this thought. Bluehole doesn't optimize the game or add any significant content because they don't have to. Bluehole isn't a company like Blizzard or Square Enix that is looking to maintain a large player base.

I think this is the problem that effects a lot of games, not just Tera. Many game developers are finding that people will spend tons of money on loot boxes, accessories, etc. Why spend 100's of hours making content when you can spend a few to pump out a new outfit and still make money?

To be honest I would at least do so "Low hanging fruit ideas to improve tera at the very least. Simple ideas like cross server LFG ability to queue alts from the character screen so you can queue for more than 1 class at a time allowing for faster a party if you don't mind playing all roles. Not only this would increase the longevity of my game but it would make more money in the long run too.

In short form, I would do work if it means more profits and if it's clear to see.
  • Ammutseba wrote: »
    I think this is the problem that effects a lot of games, not just Tera. Many game developers are finding that people will spend tons of money on loot boxes, accessories, etc. Why spend 100's of hours making content when you can spend a few to pump out a new outfit and still make money?

Because F2P games cant have Paid Content it's like signing a death sentence if they did that. If you were a force to pay for content you would quit. that or add a limiting factor so it adds up to 10$ Making the content locked behind an emp item that's like 80k gold. or 1k emp. That would make mega money. as I side that would be like signing a death sentence also in these new dungeons the drop wont be any different from other same level dungon so you pay for the exp not for rewards so it's not p2w. So you would have the old classic dungons {F2P}. There is the new fancy dungeon that's a lot better to farm and more fun that makes you wanna buy it.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ammutseba wrote: »
    if you only had to do the bare minimum and still make a buttload of money, would you do any more work than needed to make people happy?

I completely agree with this thought. Bluehole doesn't optimize the game or add any significant content because they don't have to. Bluehole isn't a company like Blizzard or Square Enix that is looking to maintain a large player base.

These games don't want to compete with WoW. Everquest was trying to with a new release with a lot of promises of changes to the genre, and well, that got cancelled. So now we're left with a bunch of Asian MMORPGs that are basically copies of old MMORPGs. It's like this for other genres, where there's a bunch of games where 99% of them are all the same thing with a different look.

Also, Asians release games of the same genre, where as Western developers don't. If you make a mediocre MMORPG, guess what? You can just release another one 5 years later, and another one after that, etc. We're in a time where founders packs are a thing, pre-orders, and even paying to test a game, it's easier to get some of your investment back before a game is even released now a days.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

I would like to see longer/bigger new dungeons, like we have in the leveling progress, however if you think about the current complains from several players about time invested and rewards earned then dungeons that big will only become being left alone becuase at end game many people cares about getting gold faster.

At this point I don't think bringging something more rich in new dungeons will make happy those who whine most about them.

It's funny how it's a circle: people complain about the dungeons being short and repetitive, not fun and too easy. Change it and even the SAME people will complain about them being too long and unrewarding for the effort, too hard and nobody does.

It's always a matter of who will you try to please, and I don't know if it's working financially or not. Sure they keep alive but are they struggling or no problems? Game wise I'm feeling my attachment to it fade little by little, but I also see the game's population pretty stale for at least a year to be honest.
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    It's funny how it's a circle: people complain about the dungeons being short and repetitive, not fun and too easy. Change it and even the SAME people will complain about them being too long and unrewarding for the effort, too hard and nobody does.

It's always a matter of who will you try to please, and I don't know if it's working financially or not. Sure they keep alive but are they struggling or no problems? Game wise I'm feeling my attachment to it fade little by little, but I also see the game's population pretty stale for at least a year to be honest.
    i get what youre saying and there definitely are people with that exact mindset, but IMO and what i believe a lot of endgame players are asking for is something that is challenging and feels rewarding to clear, but isn't tedious and "challenging" to the point where its annoying. because BHS buffed every class to have multiple iframes and mobility skills on very short cooldowns, any bosses that are more combat-based are simply too easy and boring. thats why they're making all these ridiculous bosses where you have to solve a quadratic equation in your head every mechanic (exaggeration). i've found people definitely dont like those kind of bosses, but a simple tank and spank boss also isn't fun.
    if you look at the 2 bosses that most endgame players look to as the "golden age" of tera, its shandra manaya and darkan. they both mix fast-paced combat based mechanics that engage every role in the party (tank,dps,healer) and actual boss mechanics (manaya debuffs, darkan ghosts, darkan <25%) in a way that is challenging and rewarding to clear, but not tedious to where its not fun anymore after a certain amount of runs. that being said there is only so much BHS can do anymore because every class except for priest/mystic has at least 2 iframes and other mobility skills on short CDs, and dungeons in general are so much more recoverable because of the free res and short vow/grace CDs. dungeons aren't punishing enough and i think that is another reason people complain.
    kind of OT but thats just my take.