Farewell

12345679»

Comments

• ElinUsagi wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    [filtered]0T1C9.png

Funny how some forum users want to sell the idea that previous crew was doing great to mantain population and still use steam charts to attack current crew.

However as we can see there if we use steam charts as something relevant (that is not but some pople want to make others think it is) the previous crew (Tonka and Treeshark was there until July 2015 last week when Tonka runaway from this game) failed to keep players interested in the game and we lose thousands of players per month.

What we have now is the result of bad desicions from BHS mainly, since they are the ones focusing the game for PvE casual game. But a bad decision only in our eyes because it seems this work$ for them in Korea and Japan. So if this work$ then no reason to look at other options.

I mean the pic you posted is a very weird example because May 2015 is when tera released on steam, which of course got thousands of people into the game and expectedly a large, large number gave up on it because that's how it usually is with steam releases - a large number will get into it, download it and try it out for a few weeks and then choose if they will uninstall or not.

There are games that have keep their initial player base or increased it over the time on steam.

http://steamcharts.com/app/39210#All

http://steamcharts.com/app/578080

FFXIV is a good example of how to build and keep a large player base. I would argue that Tera has a superior battle system and maybe even art style. However, FFXIV has a much more cohesive story line and has much better content. Not to mention, SquareEnix basically scrapped the original FFXIV and brought out a revamped and improved version. Tera can't even get a decent optimization patch.

With that said, there's only so much that the team at EME can do. If Bluehole just wants to focus on making outfits, then the only players left will be the handful of hardcore players.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    you only proove than gameforge and tera russia QQ hurt tera america steam

we were unable to renew our pop with european and russian

and steam player come and leave, some stay, unfortunally we didnt have european and russians to fill this net lost

if you talk about the -37%, remember than tonka already left in september and minea probably stopped to be in charge of tera and september mean the end of summer holiday, so people back to school

and if i remember we didnt have a big update in august and september

may and june was steam and gunner big update
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ammutseba wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    [filtered]0T1C9.png

Funny how some forum users want to sell the idea that previous crew was doing great to mantain population and still use steam charts to attack current crew.

However as we can see there if we use steam charts as something relevant (that is not but some pople want to make others think it is) the previous crew (Tonka and Treeshark was there until July 2015 last week when Tonka runaway from this game) failed to keep players interested in the game and we lose thousands of players per month.

What we have now is the result of bad desicions from BHS mainly, since they are the ones focusing the game for PvE casual game. But a bad decision only in our eyes because it seems this work$ for them in Korea and Japan. So if this work$ then no reason to look at other options.

I mean the pic you posted is a very weird example because May 2015 is when tera released on steam, which of course got thousands of people into the game and expectedly a large, large number gave up on it because that's how it usually is with steam releases - a large number will get into it, download it and try it out for a few weeks and then choose if they will uninstall or not.

There are games that have keep their initial player base or increased it over the time on steam.

http://steamcharts.com/app/39210#All

http://steamcharts.com/app/578080

With that said, there's only so much that the team at EME can do. If Bluehole just wants to focus on making outfits, then the only players left will be the handful of hardcore players.

Exactly, most of this fall on developer hands, if they don't give a damn about the enrichment on game content and lore then the game becomes a dress doll game only.

Balance/unbalance from classes last too long, streamline on story is cut in some parts where you wonder what the hell is going on, we have too much content for the low population we have here and to end some of it several players have to do a great ordeal of it.

I think the next step BHS will do is to comeout with become Tera a sing/dance game to compete with other rithming gamess. I mean, we have disco ball, party dresses, pop star out fits and some dance animations, next move from BHS will make you to press keys to make your character dance following the song rithm.
    vkobe wrote: »
    you only proove than gameforge and tera russia QQ hurt tera america steam

In Steam charts you can see day by day the activity on Tera, you will note that the amount of players didn't decrease inmediatly after steam cut off EU players from Tera.

And you can see how it did keep losing players day by day, if the issue was steaom cutting off EU players then you will have see the numbers drop significantly wich was not the case.

KGM7eAl.png

You can see the number of active players on the last weekend before EU players being cut are almost the same as the amount of players active on weekdays, from 20k on saturday to 18k on Thursday and it continues decreasing its numbers. Again, if the cut off of access was the problem you would see a massive drop from wensday vs thursday but is not the case.

The game continues to lose players each day agaisnt the previous one sLp3fcA.png
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/important-news-for-europe-and-russia

read the new and mostly this part

All existing players who downloaded TERA through Steam and added TERA to their game library before Thursday, June 11, 2015 will continue to be able to access and play the game with their En Masse account.

i said we are unable to renew our pop with europe and russia, it is why we are unable to fill the net lost from players who just leave tera

but steam didnt block european and russian who already register in tera steam, so it is why it took some days before than our tera had a net lost
    edited December 2017
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/important-news-for-europe-and-russia

read the new and mostly this part

All existing players who downloaded TERA through Steam and added TERA to their game library before Thursday, June 11, 2015 will continue to be able to access and play the game with their En Masse account.

i said we are unable to renew our pop with europe and russia, it is why we are unable to fill the net lost from players who just leave tera

but steam didnt block european and russian who already register in tera steam, so it is why it took some days before than our tera had a net lost

Look at the charts I already showed here. You can see how that didn't impact the user base in Steam in the same day and the next one. However you will see how it "continously" lose players "day by day" and not in the day it gets blocked against previous days.

Again, if the issue about steam was the block you will see an inmediate cut off of players but that wasn't the case but you can see how every single day it decrease its numbers. That is not an issu caused by the blocking but an issue to be able to mantain players interested in the game. With Tonka and Minea still in there :astonished:
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    your chartz only proove than we were not able to renew our pop after 11 june with european and russian, it is why the pop decrease slowly instead a big drop, because they didnt block the players who already registed in tera steam

but remember every day we have players who leave and never back, even when tera was popular and good, it happen in all video game, it is why it is important to be able to appeal new players to fill the lost of players and renew our pop it is like dead and birth and unfortunally we lost the europe and russia nursery to renew our pop

so your graph show normal consequence in july of what happened when gamefore and tera russia go mad against us, august seem to be a normal lost, because all video game in steam lost some players some months after their release and september tonka already left and minea probably stopped in charge of tera
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necro thread is bad.
    edited December 2017
    your chartz only proove than we were not able to renew our pop after 11 june with european and russian, it is why the pop decrease slowly instead a big drop, because they didnt block the players who already registed in tera steam

but remember every day we have players who leave and never back, even when tera was popular and good, it happen in all video game, it is why it is important to be able to appeal new players to fill the lost of players and renew our pop it is like dead and birth and unfortunally we lost the europe and russia nursery to renew our pop

so your graph show normal consequence in july of what happened when gamefore and tera russia go mad against us, august seem to be a normal lost, because all video game in steam lost some players some months after their release and september tonka already left and minea probably stopped in charge of tera

Look at the charts again, it seems you can't acknowledge a fact, and that is the lose of player base in Steam with Tonka and Minea.

New EU people could not get to play Tera on steam but you have more than them that could do, the issue was on how previous crew was uncapabable to mantain the population or increase the population but lose players in a few time period and keep losing players until their last days.

No matter how much you liked them they made mistakes, as the current crew but the only diferent thing I see is that we don't lose massive amounts of players like we did on 2015. The game came to a stale mate where population is almost the same as the last year. So I can think that's an improvement vs the masive loss of players from 2013 up to 2015.

Also, I showed the graphs from other 2 games that keep their player population and one of them has even more player base playing the game on steam these days vs the launch dates.

Old crew losing players like crazy, then running away from the game and then "friends" of them attacking current crew becuase the same mistakes previous crew had and saying things were different won't make things work out. If you don't want to acknowledge an issue that have 4 years in the game then is your choice but you can't convice others that things was better in the past about player population loss when it was even worst.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is what you wrong eu could play in our tera steam

remember

but we could not get new players from them, so without new players from them our pop decreased slowly in the first week, before a big drop

you only use the chartz, i use the chartz and the new than harmonia posted 2 years ago, it is very important where she said than euro can still play in our tera if they registed before 11 june

it is why i said it work like birth and dead, people will not instantly die, because they stop to made babies, but their pop will stop to grow or will decreased

so after 11 june euro and russian player decreased in our tera, because they were unable to renew this pop, but they didnt disappear by magic, because they could still play our tera

it is your mistake you are unable to made the difference between pop who instantly gone and pop who are unable to renew their pop

global tera pop decreased between 2012-2015 it is not only a problem in tera enmasse and it was normal all video game lost a big % of heir players some months after their release

sorry to say that to you, but we had bigger bleed 2 months after brawler patch, remember this post http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Whats-What-in-2016, this delay hurt us more

i dont rememeber last year our pop was so good, so it is normal to lost less people when you already lost 90% of your pop before

anyway i didnt expect spacecat to save our tera and i knew we still lost players, because the game is old and than bhs made big mistake, i also know than danicia time was very bad, but what do you want we say? spacecat is not really so better, i think he is better than danicia, but i dont feel he is better than tonka

sorry to say that to you, but today ff, ascension valley and ch complaint than their server dying, even in tr and mt we complaint we have less people and i can check ingame than unfortunally it is true, cute elin gunner release is less popular than brawler release, so it just show than our tera is more sick with time, you can say wathever you like but we have less players now than in september 2015, i dont blame only enmasse, bhs is responsible of this situation at 80% and our game is old and mmorpg with better [filtered] appeal was released, so i dont put all the blame on our current staff, but i should admit than gameforge tera team was improved, the ours stagnate
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, isn't it ironic, that we players aren't allowed to make goodbye threads, but the staff can?

~double standards for us peasants~
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Hey, isn't it ironic, that we players aren't allowed to make goodbye threads, but the staff can?

~double standards for us peasants~

unlike staff members, no one cares about if you leave
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Why on earth hasn't this been locked yet?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    is christmas so our gm are in holiday ;)
This discussion has been closed.