[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Just a statement.

It's been literally forever since I've played this game, and I just wanted to say that I absolutely HATE the new starting zone. That is all. Good day.

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Island of Dawn still exists. Wait 'til you see what's been done to it in your absence.
    Seriously, you're on the tip of a very disappointing iceberg. I hope you at least have a friend to play with; it'll make this experience far more enjoyable.
  • I know there's quite a bit about the game that's changed since I last played that I really dislike. The starting zone was just the beginning to my disappointment. Feeling like I'm leveling at super sonic speed as well isn't too much fun. Really, what tf has happened to the game since I last played? It's so sad. :(
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Island of Dawn still exists. Wait 'til you see what's been done to it in your absence.
    Seriously, you're on the tip of a very disappointing iceberg. I hope you at least have a friend to play with; it'll make this experience far more enjoyable.

"Island of Dawn got freed from the BAMs and cleaned up" new story line hype
    Schithera Fae new starting zone hype

....anything fun and cute not locked between RNG boxes or endless sums of EMP hype

By the way, this makes me wonder: HOW MANY OF YOU REMEMBER KIRIYA? THE BOMB THROWING NPC INSTRUCTOR!! SHE'S GONE A BIT DEAF AFTER SO MANY YEARS TRAINING RECRUITS TO THROW BOMBS!!
  • Same :c if I was a new player now I wouldn't enjoy it as much as before, before it was all bright and pretty, very great starter experience being in nice environment, but now it's just gloomy and dark and you're forced to help some little kid.
  • Yube wrote: »
    Same :c if I was a new player now I wouldn't enjoy it as much as before, before it was all bright and pretty, very great starter experience being in nice environment, but now it's just gloomy and dark and you're forced to help some little kid.

Exactly... Personally the new starting zone makes absolutely NO sense? Or maybe I just don't get it? Who knows...
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been literally forever since I've played this game, and I just wanted to say that I absolutely HATE the new starting zone. That is all. Good day.

yeah i understand, bhs love to nuke nice place, pora elinu, island of dawn and velika :)
  • > @vkobe said:
    > BananaPudding wrote: »
    >
    > It's been literally forever since I've played this game, and I just wanted to say that I absolutely HATE the new starting zone. That is all. Good day.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > yeah i understand, bhs love to nuke nice place, pora elinu, island of dawn and velika :)

Tbh I don’t see why they didn’t do the iod change like pora elinu with reaper. Instead of making it a permanent disaster. Probably would’ve even made doing BAMs more enjoyable with a pretty environment.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    Tbh I don’t see why they didn’t do the iod change like pora elinu with reaper. Instead of making it a permanent disaster. Probably would’ve even made doing BAMs more enjoyable with a pretty environment.

Indeed, I would give it a little more effort than 0 that I do now, if it was the good old cute IOD
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    stepstone isle is boring, its not pretty, the quests are not enjoyable and extremely linear, and you are forced to do it now.
    IOD was so beautiful, in my opinion the prettiest area in the game, which is how it should be (entice new players). it was huge, there was a lot to explore, even after they removed certain quest areas you could still go explore. it actually taught you some basic game mechanics as well which i personally do not think stepstone does at all. i have fond memories of tonka and minea's guild fairs on IOD as well. i would be okay with them destroying any other area for daily bams except IOD, its a shame they did.
  • Omg the Guild fairs were SO much life and fun! I can’t believe I forgot all about that.
  • edited December 2017
    Island of Dawn was a prettier zone for sure, and it was nice when partying with new players. I liked it in its original state back at the launch (after the prologue, which I also liked as an option). But, the nerfs they did to it over the years made it suck as a tutorial zone because the map was way too big for what they wanted you to do, and there was way too much endless travel to do some inane thing and then travel more. The new tutorial is more compressed, more combat-focused, and avoids the original IoD bottlenecks, so I think I understand why they did it. But it is a much uglier map, and it does also feel much more "on-rails." Plus, a lot of people find Anya supremely annoying, and the overall plot pretty silly (although, if you read the quest text carefully, they did make it fit together). So I understand why people dislike the new zone, but I think I see what they were trying to go for in terms of gameplay.

I do think it would be nice if they could make it possible to re-visit the Island of Dawn in its original state at some point.

(I would also say, in general, I dislike how the current TERA team seems so enamored with depressing greys and fire/brimstone settings. Even the new "character march" selection screen is sort of cool, but also pretty drab and depressing. I guess they must have market-researched it and found it made the game look more serious and "action-combat-y" or something.)
  • New player here, downloaded the game and played it twice already. Both times for less than a half hour. As an MMO veteran I'm underwhelmed. The game - so far - has been pretty meh. Nothing at all making me want to log in and carry on playing. Couldn't care less about that little girl and the doll; seriously dull and uninviting first ever quest hub for a game. IMO, of course.

• this is the point because I and some folks quited in Tera and prefer to compile the java server and play Tera shock, nobody wants to make easy money, nobody received one dime with private server in this case, is precisely why tera legacy is incomparably better, BHS ruined everything, maps, bams end game, pvp... just hope one day EMS or a new publisher publish the legacy Tera server again...
  • they got the permanent crystal binds back cause people weren't happy yesterday, how about you guys at eme bring back the original island of dawn for us. bring it back as the original starting area, then have us go to stepstone isle right before we do the sameal's hideout mission. that would make more sense as far as storyline goes. also bring back the level 60 yellow quest in iod about the noctenium.
    yes it took longer to level up in iod, but many time faster isn't always better. also, you could skip everything and leave iod at level 1 if you wanted. now we are stuck on babysitter island.
    people cried over a little achievement and got their way, how about us others for a change?
    they can make 2 different iod's if they wanted to. if nothing else, bring back old iod for looks only. you don't even have to have mobs or npcs.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    they got the permanent crystal binds back cause people weren't happy yesterday, how about you guys at eme bring back the original island of dawn for us. bring it back as the original starting area, then have us go to stepstone isle right before we do the sameal's hideout mission. that would make more sense as far as storyline goes. also bring back the level 60 yellow quest in iod about the noctenium.
    yes it took longer to level up in iod, but many time faster isn't always better. also, you could skip everything and leave iod at level 1 if you wanted. now we are stuck on babysitter island.
    people cried over a little achievement and got their way, how about us others for a change?
    they can make 2 different iod's if they wanted to. if nothing else, bring back old iod for looks only. you don't even have to have mobs or npcs.

NA isn't going to get a different base version of Tera than KR. The CB situation had a simple solution and didn't require any sort of rework from BHS.