[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

WHERE THE HECK IS XMAS EVENT

Comments

• Halrath moved to be Product Manager for AVA about a month ago, so right now Seandynamite is the only PM on TERA PC. I assume in the new year they'll look for a new Assistant, but in December it was basically just him. The rest of the company was kind of going crazy with Console Technical Test, Closers public beta, plus all of EME's other games adding Golden Gift Boxes (cash grab or not, apparently it works...). So yeah, right now they're shorthanded for sure. That's not trying to provide an excuse at all (because there's always something), but it's part of what's at play, no doubt.

(There's no escaping that TERA PC went from being an only child getting all their parents' attention, to the oldest in an increasingly-large family. I don't think EME is yet quite mature enough to properly balance the pace of growth and change they've undertaken, but that's my opinion. Clearly someone high up thinks this is the way they need to grow.)

So they dissolved the TERA team and left us with one person working on the game? L O L

• Halrath moved to be Product Manager for AVA about a month ago, so right now Seandynamite is the only PM on TERA PC. I assume in the new year they'll look for a new Assistant, but in December it was basically just him. The rest of the company was kind of going crazy with Console Technical Test, Closers public beta, plus all of EME's other games adding Golden Gift Boxes (cash grab or not, apparently it works...). So yeah, right now they're shorthanded for sure. That's not trying to provide an excuse at all (because there's always something), but it's part of what's at play, no doubt.

(There's no escaping that TERA PC went from being an only child getting all their parents' attention, to the oldest in an increasingly-large family. I don't think EME is yet quite mature enough to properly balance the pace of growth and change they've undertaken, but that's my opinion. Clearly someone high up thinks this is the way they need to grow.)

So they dissolved the TERA team and left us with one person working on the game? L O L

I don't think they dissolved any team, but almost all their teams are shared across multiple projects to varying degrees (QA, Localization, Infrastructure, Platform, Community, Support, etc.) Even in Treeshark's day, AFAIK there was only either one or two full-time PMs on TERA. But in those days the company on the whole wasn't as busy with other things, and we basically had the full community team all to ourselves.

(Most other publishers like Gameforge are like this too, but I think they've been doing it much longer than EME has, and their system is more stable and mature. I would say EME is still in growing pains trying to transition to a "real" multi-game publisher, and unfortunately because we were their first game, we feel the change the most acutely.)
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    So even one person cannot decide take some decisions like improve the vanguard shop for once to make players to want to run those quests or add some more interest to the elite status to make players to want to have it? What about the log in events or the vanguard bonuses? The calendar? Or maybe add some decent loot to the dungeons and especially the HM ones to motivate players to run them? By the way.. yesterday it took me 15-30minutes as a brawler with +2SC on MT at 6PM EST to find a group for x4 RG because nobody wanted to do it anymore even though its stress relieveing from the HM dungeons but the rewards suck both from the dungeon/vanguard quest and they would rather log off or afk at highwatch.. so i ended up having to queue and wait even more..

Also, at this point some said that the elite is an intended money/gold sink and they are not willing to get it anymore ( this kinda made me angry actually knowing that i always had elite for years and the anger was mostly from the fact that the players were partially right though in my case at least i can craft gold daric/plates which costed 150k to get anyway and i can get some money from the crafter cure from elite or else i would probably think like them ).

So.. once again? All those listed things are not being improved because .. what? they are being exploited like the said santa event?
  • Lets close all cinemas because someone afraids of terrorists. Same logic,
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    They knew there were exploits around world hunting events.

They knew world hunting event is a very important matter to NA Tera and its community.

And they never addressed it :THONKING MY POPO BRAIN:

PS: They could simply plan something else, now I am gonna plan it for you so you understand if EME cared enough they would have come up with something for Christmas event.

we have Wintera token/medal now? Right? They designed it and put a store in it, they could simply expand it a bit further, expand the store, like anniversary tokens, and also expand Wintera Medals dropping through dungeons and battle grounds. and Explain to community because of some problems and stuff no world hunting, but at least community had something to look for.

So, yeah, when EME/BHS has no care for their game, why should I? I spend my time and my focus on other games. I am a kind of player that focuses on making golds and buying stuff from EMP sellers. so Yeah, my contribution in my own way was a lot, the reason I am saying this, is not because I am important, but to say each player is important, and EME, NA tera is losing them one by one.

My head hurts, my English hurts too I know B) 2017 was a crap Tera year, this Christmas just made it a lot worse. SIGH.

Merry Christmas all, everyone knows how much I like @Halrath @seandynamite @CobaltDragon @Spacecats and @DiscoDolly :# but EME recently is not doing what they were doing, taking care of Tera community, and that changed its nature unfortunately.

Just move on, nothing will change even with hundreds of pages of threads already existing the disappointment of community.
  • You gave a huge speech about doing something to ban people that use exploit - “Hackers, Your days are numbered!” or some [filtered]. I was a bit hopeful back then.

You need to show us that you have the bite to go with your loud bark, especially after making such bold statements.

The only thing you showed us is that you are completely powerless against the developers of the 3rd party software and the players that use them. Players nowadays openly use exploits and freely share them. Even if nobody spoon-feed you those exploits, they are only one google search away. They are available to the public (Yay, open-source) and for free! DPS meter is like a basic tool that goes with TERA now. Like everyone uses them. I never use DPS meter but I’d say that 3 out of any 5 LFG runs I do get uploaded to Moongourd.com because SOMEONE in my party was running the meter and even set it up to upload the run to the external site. The so-called security patch stopped the 3rd party software for about 3-4 days before the developers bypassed it.

I even heard a rumor that EME support accepts DPS meter stats as a proof of someone using meme slash. Come on now..

If you are really withholding events due to the fear of exploits, it is just sad and ridiculous. You are actually being controlled by the exploiters rather than controlling them yourself. Wake the [filtered] up! This is your game! You are literally allowing outsiders to [filtered] your wife in your own home.

It is just mind boggling how powerless you are.

I understand that BHS is the one that developed the game and their coding and design of this game is so horrendous that 3rd party software developers literally laugh at it while they crack it. But, you really need to step it up.
  • natianatia ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    So, of course nothing is 100% full proof but unless we show them that we wont abuse or can't find the abuse they won't even touch the event or content.

That's a speculation. There are definitely more to why EME didn't hold the annual Christmas event, than just "because of people exploiting due to 3rd party programs". I don't see why they would cancel an annual event just because of 3rd party programs? The few amount of people actively exploiting the game does not justify cancelling a tradition.

Even in that previous thread, Spacecats did say there were plans of potentially an gear xp event and hinted at the return of Fat Santas.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/19540/double-xp-enchantment-rate-or-item-drop-for-the-holidays#latest

k9bO3Ku.jpg
    Also on their twitter, I'm sure there were more events in the "plan" that they couldn't activate for some reason. And who knows, it's not the end of the year yet.. maybe :/ But saying it's because of 3rd party programs is a reach.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    natia wrote: »
    So, of course nothing is 100% full proof but unless we show them that we wont abuse or can't find the abuse they won't even touch the event or content.

That's a speculation. There are definitely more to why EME didn't hold the annual Christmas event, than just "because of people exploiting due to 3rd party programs". I don't see why they would cancel an annual event just because of 3rd party programs? The few amount of people actively exploiting the game does not justify cancelling a tradition.

Even in that previous thread, Spacecats did say there were plans of potentially an gear xp event and hinted at the return of Fat Santas.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/19540/double-xp-enchantment-rate-or-item-drop-for-the-holidays#latest

k9bO3Ku.jpg
    Also on their twitter, I'm sure there were more events in the "plan" that they couldn't activate for some reason. And who knows, it's not the end of the year yet.. maybe :/ But saying it's because of 3rd party programs is a reach.

Maybe they let everything to pop up by a program but that failed when the day came, like CU in the first weeks.
    Or maybe the one in charge of that thought that WinTera was the event for these days.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blaming *exploits* for the incompetence of a company. Lol
    For Xmas event, can we have another company take over Tera and actually pull a finger instead of getting paid to do nothing ? Man I wish I had a job like you guys that work for Tera En masse, its a dream job ! Totally would be able to handle 2 jobs, hell even 3

i dont see which company is really better, they seem to suck more than enmasse :3
  • edited December 2017
    CornishRex wrote: »
    they make the only events they like doing impossible

Counterpoint is just spreading misinfo at this point, you cannot teleport to far away locations anymore without server approving it and detecting it, that has been patched a while ago, and as far as I was aware a very small number of people actually exploited the boxes thing so there's no way they're canceling the event because of that. A lot of teleport exploits have been eradicated with that and I don't wan't to go into detail because forum rules.

I was never talking about a teleport exploit in the first place. There are many other ways to abuse this kind of event now. But as I repeatedly said, I don't think that's the only factor that impacted it, though I suspect it is one of them. And as I also said, they could easily have done other kinds of events if this was a problem.

People taking a fragment of my speculation and turning it into "EME cancelled Christmas because of third-party programs" are the ones spreading misinformation. Please stop.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    CornishRex wrote: »

Counterpoint is just spreading misinfo at this point, you cannot teleport to far away locations anymore without server approving it and detecting it, that has been patched a while ago, and as far as I was aware a very small number of people actually exploited the boxes thing so there's no way they're canceling the event because of that. A lot of teleport exploits have been eradicated with that and I don't wan't to go into detail because forum rules.

You're the one helping spread misinformation. :/
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Every where on internet, I mean everywhere I see PUGB. Tera is just here only to milk remaining players.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every where on internet, I mean everywhere I see PUGB. Tera is just here only to mil remaining players.
    Haven't been for a while and I see all these white knights turn to black knights, can't say I didn't tell you so.

But naaah, "this patch so gud it brought back so many players, game is so active now omg, and it will remain super active because everyone loves slow [filtered] grinding!!!". That's why you hear everywhere about PUBG right? Clearly, [filtered] slow progression is the reason TERA is so popular. /s

People who "have nothing to do" and play to farm are minority, that's why you see this difference in numbers between PUBG and TERA. The rest went to play games like PUBG, which suffers from many technical issues (and hacks) just like TERA (BHS quality you know). Let it sink deep.

Also why events? Events are bad for the economy dude. Stop asking for events ffs and keep farming.