[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

WHERE THE HECK IS XMAS EVENT

Comments

• Whatever made you think NA players loved slow grinds in the first place...
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    admonitu wrote: »
    Whatever made you think NA players loved slow grinds in the first place...
    I was fully sarcastic because that's what Vi wanted. "Reap what you sow" and all. (he also said that events are spawn of Satan etc)
  • admonituadmonitu ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Borsuc wrote: »
    Whatever made you think NA players loved slow grinds in the first place...
    I was fully sarcastic because that's what Vi wanted. "Reap what you sow" and all. (he also said that events are spawn of Satan etc)

Oh, I know. It wasn't directed toward you. Sorry. I should've said "Whatever made them think NA players loved slow grinds in the first place.."
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every where on internet, I mean everywhere I see PUGB. Tera is just here only to mil remaining players.
    Haven't been for a while and I see all these white knights turn to black knights, can't say I didn't tell you so.

But naaah, "this patch so gud it brought back so many players, game is so active now omg, and it will remain super active because everyone loves slow [filtered] grinding!!!". That's why you hear everywhere about PUBG right? Clearly, [filtered] slow progression is the reason TERA is so popular. /s

People who "have nothing to do" and play to farm are minority, that's why you see this difference in numbers between PUBG and TERA. The rest went to play games like PUBG, which suffers from many technical issues (and hacks) just like TERA (BHS quality you know). Let it sink deep.

Also why events? Events are bad for the economy dude. Stop asking for events ffs and keep farming.

lol, grow up? I was always vocal about things that goes wrong. You just want your stormcry from forums, that's our different. I still will defend EME against trolls like you.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Every where on internet, I mean everywhere I see PUGB. Tera is just here only to mil remaining players.
    Haven't been for a while and I see all these white knights turn to black knights, can't say I didn't tell you so.

But naaah, "this patch so gud it brought back so many players, game is so active now omg, and it will remain super active because everyone loves slow [filtered] grinding!!!". That's why you hear everywhere about PUBG right? Clearly, [filtered] slow progression is the reason TERA is so popular. /s

People who "have nothing to do" and play to farm are minority, that's why you see this difference in numbers between PUBG and TERA. The rest went to play games like PUBG, which suffers from many technical issues (and hacks) just like TERA (BHS quality you know). Let it sink deep.

Also why events? Events are bad for the economy dude. Stop asking for events ffs and keep farming.

lol, grow up? I was always vocal about things that goes wrong. You just want your stormcry from forums, that's our different. I still will defend EME against trolls like you.

Nobody said they wanted Stormcry from Forums. We'd have to do some grinding for that, and we accept it. It is mainly the RNG wall that keeps a lot of players from progressing at the pace they want. In the past, EME made mats a lot easier to obtain thanks to events and that somewhat alleviated pain from the enchanting aspect of the game for many players. We didn't ask for free deathwrack. And many people agreed that they should not have made crafting mats for Deathwrack available in easier dungeons.

EME doesn't need you to defend them against "trolls" (And of course, we are trolls for complaining. I really wonder who should grow up). I assure you they sleep just fine at night regardless of whether you "defend" them. Our money is what speaks louder than any threads or posts on this forum. People will only complain so much before deciding that it's time to just quit and move to another game and this is what should really be alarming to all of us.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody said they wanted Stormcry from Forums. We'd have to do some grinding for that, and we accept it. It is mainly the RNG wall that keeps a lot of players from progressing at the pace they want. In the past, EME made mats a lot easier to obtain thanks to events and that somewhat alleviated pain from the enchanting aspect of the game for many players. We didn't ask for free deathwrack. And many people agreed that they should not have made crafting mats for Deathwrack available in easier dungeons.

I think the "we" you use are only a fraction of people, you can clearly see there are many "regular" forum users crying to be stormed by materials, gold and everything that can lead them to get BiS like in a week basis.

I like to grind but I would prefer to get fixed loot from the content I do rather to relay on RNG to be able to get the mats I need.

It wont bring harm to know how many HH you need to get SC +9, It wont bring hard to know how many RKEM you need to get +9, It wont hurt to know how many CU you need to get +9, but as things are right now you need luck to get favored for the game when drops get handed randomly to players.

Saying that, I wouldn't be annoyed to know that I need to run 150 RKEM to get +9 on all your gear but you don't even know if that would be enought (because it won't be enought).

What dungeons and content like HH needs it to garantue players to be rewarded equally for the effort they put to complete the dungeon and don't make 2 or 3 of them disatisfied over time because their bad luck is making them progress slowly than the other players.
  • I would like to add to this discussion, that I represent a type of players (guildies) who don't care what gear we have or what kind of events EME pulls off.

We care for 1 thing: Big population in game.
    To queue fast, to socialize a lot, to buy/sell [filtered] easy etc etc. How EME gets ppl in game is their problem. Since they don't do content updates they might as well do events. Now they don't even do events ppl like my guildies just walk on. The lack of complete communication on the matter, and the empty promises is what hurts the game the most.
  • Yordaddy wrote: »
    I would like to add to this discussion, that I represent a type of players (guildies) who don't care what gear we have or what kind of events EME pulls off.

We care for 1 thing: Big population in game.
    To queue fast, to socialize a lot, to buy/sell [filtered] easy etc etc. How EME gets ppl in game is their problem. Since they don't do content updates they might as well do events. Now they don't even do events ppl like my guildies just walk on. The lack of complete communication on the matter, and the empty promises is what hurts the game the most.

I agree with the lack of communication. If they had told us they wouldn't hold any additional Christmas events (besides Wintera) and that they had some big events planned in January, I would have been satisfied with that. The lack of events and communication can easily drive people away from a game like Tera.

I'm still playing Tera because I have some friendly guild mates to run dungeons with. If my guild ever disbands, I'll probably drop the game completely. There's no reason for me to spend time and money on a game that even the developers don't care much about.
  • Excuse me but is there ppl actually defending EME for not posting a Christmas event even though we were promised one on the twitch stream? What were u thinking? It's like a you posting a red flag on ur self saying "EME employee". EME worst publisher ever.
  • natianatia ✭✭✭
    Honestly.... a total lack of communication. Not just for events too. Nearly 3 months into patch and none of the promised shops are updated. Fee bills deleted, FC delayed, idk what tf happening with vanguard or emporium. Like what is going on?? Nearly 3 months a lot of these things should have been updated by now.

Dungeon drops are still [filtered]. We ask every. single. patch for the hardest dungeon to have decent drops. RKEM makes you lose profit. You still get more gold running iod and freaking RG. The golden and silver talents buff dropping in dungeons were nice. But removed after a week? Again, no response to whether the buff or nerf was actually intentional. PVP bg "jackpot" is lol. After "feedback" you give us the same [filtered] rewards. We make thread after thread and get absolute silence from eme.

With the christmas event? or lack of. Couldn't even manage a "sorry we had plans but it had to be cancelled" before leaving on holiday? You even said on ur twitter there were more events planned before the end of the year. Absolute silence once again.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    Excuse me but is there ppl actually defending EME for not posting a Christmas event even though we were promised one on the twitch stream? What were u thinking? It's like a you posting a red flag on ur self saying "EME employee". EME worst publisher ever.

nope ncsoft, nexon are worst ;)
  • natia wrote: »
    Honestly.... a total lack of communication. Not just for events too. Nearly 3 months into patch and none of the promised shops are updated. Fee bills deleted, FC delayed, idk what tf happening with vanguard or emporium. Like what is going on?? Nearly 3 months a lot of these things should have been updated by now.

Dungeon drops are still [filtered]. We ask every. single. patch for the hardest dungeon to have decent drops. RKEM makes you lose profit. You still get more gold running iod and freaking RG. The golden and silver talents buff dropping in dungeons were nice. But removed after a week? Again, no response to whether the buff or nerf was actually intentional. PVP bg "jackpot" is lol. After "feedback" you give us the same [filtered] rewards. We make thread after thread and get absolute silence from eme.

With the christmas event? or lack of. Couldn't even manage a "sorry we had plans but it had to be cancelled" before leaving on holiday? You even said on ur twitter there were more events planned before the end of the year. Absolute silence once again.

It's been like this for years, no matter how much feedback we give, nothing happens and nothing changes.
  • edited December 2017
    natia wrote: »

It's been like this for years, no matter how much feedback we give, nothing happens and nothing changes.

The only difference is that, at least now, they actually stated their intention to address the merchants at all. So, believe it or not, it's progress.

They decided with the new gear cycle to mostly let things ride the way they were provided by BHS without much interference, and that includes things like dungeon drops, so I don't expect them to do anything about that unless BHS is willing to do it. I think BHS wants the dungeon drops done this way, and also wants PvP to not be as viable as PvE. All these things, no matter how much people hate them, appear to be BHS's strategy for TERA, so I suspect that's why they fall on deaf ears. But I doubt EME will ever outright tell anyone that because it'd be like throwing their bosses (since both BHS and EME share the same owners/investors) under the bus.

All in all, politics will always prevent TERA from becoming the game that people here want it to become. That's why I count even a small delayed commitment to work towards updating merchants as a win, no matter how insignificant it ultimately is. My impression is that the various production staff we've had have not been bad people, but they're very overworked and their hands are often tied, so yelling at them is of limited use.
  • natia wrote: »

The only difference is that, at least now, they actually stated their intention to address the merchants at all. So, believe it or not, it's progress.

They decided with the new gear cycle to mostly let things ride the way they were provided by BHS without much interference, and that includes things like dungeon drops, so I don't expect them to do anything about that unless BHS is willing to do it. I think BHS wants the dungeon drops done this way, and also wants PvP to not be as viable as PvE. All these things, no matter how much people hate them, appear to be BHS's strategy for TERA, so I suspect that's why they fall on deaf ears. But I doubt EME will ever outright tell anyone that because it'd be like throwing their bosses (since both BHS and EME share the same owners/investors) under the bus.

All in all, politics will always prevent TERA from becoming the game that people here want it to become. That's why I count even a small delayed commitment to work towards updating merchants as a win, no matter how insignificant it ultimately is. My impression is that the various production staff we've had have not been bad people, but they're very overworked and their hands are often tied, so yelling at them is of limited use.

They're promoting their other games while leaving Tera in the dust... @Spacecats was going to recommend an xp event for christmas but instead they showcase this on Kritika. I'm not sure if it's politics or just plain ignorance.
  • edited December 2017
    DUCKIPUTZ wrote: »
    natia wrote: »

They're promoting their other games while leaving Tera in the dust... @Spacecats was going to recommend an xp event for christmas but instead they showcase this on Kritika. I'm not sure if it's politics or just plain ignorance.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time it's not like it's a zero-sum game. They didn't not do an XP event here so they could do one in Kritika instead. They probably decided not to do an XP event because they just did one here not long ago, but that wasn't the case in Kritika.

Like I said earlier, we went from being an only child to being part of a family with many young siblings, so that is part of the issue (the company on the whole is stretched thin)... but at the same time, it's not the whole issue either. It wasn't the issue I was alluding to in that post, anyway (which was more about the fundamental problems with the game itself).