[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Stop enticing new players to buy your "crazy 74% off bundles" lying

Do yourself the favor and edit the news post telling us we're getting "high end gear" with the bundle, when all the people dumb enough to actually buy this bundle is getting some decent gear for their level that they never have to use for more than 5m until they have finished their first 3 parts of the lvl 65 story quests.

It's almost as if companies don't learn from scummy micro transaction stories from other companies this last month.

Try being a bit honest. I'll give you an example

"come buy our 15 days elite status at another page that we paid to promote our game on, for a discounted price you also get a lvl 60 scroll that you can use to skip the 3h leveling process our game has to offer. You also get this sick gear that you won't be using for more than 5m. Super cheap guys! Give us more money. Now if your mom isn't yelling at you enough for wasting your money, then there's also these 24 dollar gift boxes that you can give away to some strangers that will say thanks and then leave you alone again. But hey! It felt good right? At least we got money so w/e

Comments

• Okay nvm, the thing is going for 15 bucks. Better off getting 30 days of elite instead then since the other 2 things you get are completely useless
  • edited December 2017
    The Level 60 Scroll normally costs 4995 EMP and includes no gear.
    30-days of Elite normally costs $14.95 (although this is 15 days, so cut it in half).

So, the claim that "this would run you well over 5,500 EMP" is met even without counting the gear at all. It's 74% off the price of the scroll + Elite, with gear thrown in as a bonus.

The "high-end gear" is compared to the nothing you normally get with a scroll (so you can kill your bears with level 1 gear?). I think you're getting hung up over nothing, to be honest.
  • How much is eme paying you
  • EllieChu wrote: »
    How much is eme paying you

Nothing. Doing math is free.
  • Then take in to count the use of actual items.

Skipping 3 hours of leveling and getting half of a 30 day elite status for the same price is not something I would be shining all my spotlights on. Further advertising "high end gear" just makes it all worse. It's a scummy way to try and make people that have never played the game to blow 15 bucks on it, not knowing how little they actually get for their 74% discount
  • Little bit off topic, but while eme is here having their scammy "sale" ktera is hosting double drop, double vanguard rewards and double gear exp
  • I haven't even bothered to log in. Did they add something interesting to the wintera shop? Or is it the same as all the other years
  • edited December 2017
    EllieChu wrote: »
    Then take in to count the use of actual items.

Skipping 3 hours of leveling and getting half of a 30 day elite status for the same price is not something I would be shining all my spotlights on. Further advertising "high end gear" just makes it all worse. It's a scummy way to try and make people that have never played the game to blow 15 bucks on it, not knowing how little they actually get for their 74% discount

A new player is never going to level to 60 in 3 hours because they don't know any of the tricks or shortcuts. Heck, they take about an hour just to get through Stepstone Isle to Velika, and then slowly proceed through all the red story quests. It'll take them at least 8-10 hours on their first playthrough, probably more like 15-20 hours.

Us vets know what we're doing and how optimized and trivialized the process is, but it's not like that for new players. I saw that first hand in the recent console test. Even though it was an entire weekend, most new players didn't get to level 60 until they were given scrolls on the last day.

So anyway, I think you're not really remembering what it's like to be a new player in this game starting with nothing, and that's who this promo is targeted to. And honestly, for them, this isn't such as bad of a deal as you're saying. Of course, the vast majority of people will pay nothing, as always in a F2P game.

Margarethe wrote: »
    EllieChu wrote: »
    How much is eme paying you

Nothing. Doing math is free.

Lies are free as well.
    High end gear?
    How can you be fine with that?
    I would remove that wording if I were them. But it's obvious what they mean in context. High end compared to the level 1 defaults you normally get on a new character when using a scroll. It's level 58 gear so you can start the level 60 quests on your way to level 65. No one's going to think that's end-game gear (it's level 58 after all, and they make that clear). But still, I wouldn't have used that word because it's obvious people on the forum would get hung up on it.
  • Then don't buy the pack if it makes your mom angry.

Seriously.. :weary:
  • Then how about we address the elephant in the room that is the very player base of this game. Give people free lvl 60 characters and have them auto attack their way through 60-65 and see how fast the current players will boot them straight out of the game cus they have no idea how to play this game. Bundle is only good for making people pay more for their elite status, or or prey on new players that won't stick around for more than a few hours
  • > @TheCatalyst said:
    > Then don't buy the pack if it makes your mom angry.
    >
    > Seriously.. :weary:

No one should be buying this pack.
  • need double drop!!!
  • EllieChu wrote: »
    Then how about we address the elephant in the room that is the very player base of this game. Give people free lvl 60 characters and have them auto attack their way through 60-65 and see how fast the current players will boot them straight out of the game cus they have no idea how to play this game. Bundle is only good for making people pay more for their elite status, or or prey on new players that won't stick around for more than a few hours

Whether someone uses a scroll or not, most people will still have a hard time integrating into end-game regardless. This does very little to change anything one way or another. The people who do the "3-hour" (?) 1-60 leveling process won't be getting some magical lesson that will help them integrate better (or else you wouldn't see this problem already as it is).
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, if I understand this, you want them to advertise some random little key-fob they're giving away with the actual purchase, as being "Hey, here's something useless that you should really not pay for!"??

Guess ya ain't so good with advertisement...

Besides, when you talk about the 3h leveling, 1st off I don't even know HOW you manage it that fast with current queues and second, may we keep in mind that the players that manage to pull this off, really don't have any issues with entering end-game. It's a goddemn obvious alt if you're only skipping only 3h of leveling, the player knows what he/she's doing.

Not to mention, those 5 levels are more than enough to teach you the basics of the combat, it's not like the other lower 60 levels teach you ANYTHING about I-framing, no face tanking, glyphs, rolls, rotations... Lv 1-64 is all about a random smash of your skills that are off cooldown, if you want to bother avoiding, that one is optional. The actual learning hits only at Lv 65.