No Christmas event, No holiday events, high price cash grab loot boxes

No Christmas or holiday events, so EME don't care about community interaction.
25$ gold boxes to line EME pockets. Not holiday spirit at all, only used for taking your shekels.
All access pack shilling, tera player council members going full shill promoting the pack as a good deal. Even though it's another 15$ cash grab with the contents not even worth a dollar.

give us back eme staff that care about players and not just in it for the money. eme staff right now lie to our face and take the [filtered] at the same time, act like they are our friends. should get an emmy for most petty actors

Comments

• eme staff cares, they sent out Christmas cards to some of the players, they had wintera as the holiday event, and best of all you could buy gifts to send to your friends.
  • I was being sarcastic with my post lol
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Ray676 wrote: »
    25$ gold boxes to line EME pockets. Not holiday spirit at all, only used for taking your shekels.
    All access pack shilling, tera player council members going full shill promoting the pack as a good deal. Even though it's another 15$ cash grab with the contents not even worth a dollar.

give us back eme staff that care about players and not just in it for the money. eme staff right now lie to our face and take the [filtered] at the same time, act like they are our friends. should get an emmy for most petty actors

All counterpoint did was explain how the math was wrong. He wasn't promoting it, he was explaining how the math was being done wrong.

Get your head out of your [filtered].
  • rexoerexoe ✭✭✭
    now i have 40 something gigs free of ssd space : )
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    > @Naru2008 said:
    > Ray676 wrote: »
    >
    > No Christmas or holiday events, so EME don't care about community interaction.
    > 25$ gold boxes to line EME pockets. Not holiday spirit at all, only used for taking your shekels.
    > All access pack shilling, tera player council members going full shill promoting the pack as a good deal. Even though it's another 15$ cash grab with the contents not even worth a dollar.
    >
    > give us back eme staff that care about players and not just in it for the money. eme staff right now lie to our face and take the [filtered] at the same time, act like they are our friends. should get an emmy for most petty actors
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > All counterpoint did was explain how the math was wrong. He wasn't promoting it, he was explaining how the math was being done wrong.
    >
    > Get your head out of your [filtered].

$0.3 have been deposited into your account.

Sorry, if this is some kind of joke, it wasn't funny, or obvious.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »

All counterpoint did was explain how the math was wrong. He wasn't promoting it, he was explaining how the math was being done wrong.

Literally all people have to do to make a reasonable argument is to not lie (and ideally not depend entirely on appeals to emotion, personal attacks, claims without merit, and so on). People could perfectly easily say:

1) They don't think the pack is worth it for them (and, ideally, why they feel that way). (Whether something is worth depends on the person, and it makes sense that many won't feel it's worth it to them, while others might.)

2) The timing sucks because this is happening while we're starved for real in-game events. (Perfectly fair.)

3) Calling the level 58 gear "high-end gear" was confusing and arguably misleading if you're not paying attention and seeing it also says "level 58" (so does not mean end-game gear). (They clearly shouldn't have used those words.)

4) Encouraging new players to use a level-up scroll is potentially problematic because the game does not have a good training process after you use a scroll. (There's a good case to be made here.)

All of these (and probably more) could easily be used to fairly and effectively criticize the promotion. But instead, people let their anger get the best of them and post all sorts of irrational drivel that doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of logic or scrutiny.

Whether people want to believe it or not, I'm neither shilling nor [filtered]-sucking. I'm trying to help this forum not sound like such whiny babies so that the playerbase's points are taken more seriously. But as soon as people are presented with any opposing view (even if it's logical and objective), rather than upping their game and logically countering the argument (as you do in any debate or serious discussion), they go back to throwing feces. And this just proves that their arguments would never be taken seriously by any business executive in the first place. If people would learn to use me as a sounding board for other points of view, they'd be able to sharpen their arguments to be more bullet-proof (and I promise I'll take those bullet-proof arguments and send them right to EME -- that's what I need, and that's what I've tried to do many times already).

The purpose of having a debate is to convince undecideds of your argument. But if you make arguments on this forum only to convince fellow disgruntled players, it's pointless. We need arguments that will convince the people with the power to actually do something; they're the only "undecideds" that really matter. To do that, as a start, I think it helps to at least consider where they're coming from and how they see things from their point of view, even if you totally and utterly disagree with it. If people can't even fathom where they're coming from, then the odds of making a convincing case are extremely slim.

Anyway, the one thing that's obvious is that this was a bad time for EME to skip doing the santa event, regardless of their reasons, and having the third-party site's TERA promo happen now in the midst of that added oil to the fire. All this happening now when they're mostly on vacation so not checking the forum... well, I predicted this would happen. But, like everyone, I can only try to put forward the best arguments I can -- it's up to them to act.
  • HUAAAAAAAA ENMASSE HUOOOOOOO HUAAAAAAAAAA HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Naru2008 wrote: »

Literally all people have to do to make a reasonable argument is to not lie (and ideally not depend entirely on appeals to emotion, personal attacks, claims without merit, and so on). People could perfectly easily say:

1) They don't think the pack is worth it for them (and, ideally, why they feel that way). (Whether something is worth depends on the person, and it makes sense that many won't feel it's worth it to them, while others might.)

2) The timing sucks because this is happening while we're starved for real in-game events. (Perfectly fair.)

3) Calling the level 58 gear "high-end gear" was confusing and arguably misleading if you're not paying attention and seeing it also says "level 58" (so does not mean end-game gear). (They clearly shouldn't have used those words.)

4) Encouraging new players to use a level-up scroll is potentially problematic because the game does not have a good training process after you use a scroll. (There's a good case to be made here.)

All of these (and probably more) could easily be used to fairly and effectively criticize the promotion. But instead, people let their anger get the best of them and post all sorts of irrational drivel that doesn't stand up to the slightest bit of logic or scrutiny.

Whether people want to believe it or not, I'm neither shilling nor [filtered]-sucking. I'm trying to help this forum not sound like such whiny babies so that the playerbase's points are taken more seriously. But as soon as people are presented with any opposing view (even if it's logical and objective), rather than upping their game and logically countering the argument (as you do in any debate or serious discussion), they go back to throwing feces. And this just proves that their arguments would never be taken seriously by any business executive in the first place. If people would learn to use me as a sounding board for other points of view, they'd be able to sharpen their arguments to be more bullet-proof (and I promise I'll take those bullet-proof arguments and send them right to EME -- that's what I need, and that's what I've tried to do many times already).

The purpose of having a debate is to convince undecideds of your argument. But if you make arguments on this forum only to convince fellow disgruntled players, it's pointless. We need arguments that will convince the people with the power to actually do something; they're the only "undecideds" that really matter. To do that, as a start, I think it helps to at least consider where they're coming from and how they see things from their point of view, even if you totally and utterly disagree with it. If people can't even fathom where they're coming from, then the odds of making a convincing case are extremely slim.

Anyway, the one thing that's obvious is that this was a bad time for EME to skip doing the santa event, regardless of their reasons, and having the third-party site's TERA promo happen now in the midst of that added oil to the fire. All this happening now when they're mostly on vacation so not checking the forum... well, I predicted this would happen. But, like everyone, I can only try to put forward the best arguments I can -- it's up to them to act.

even if I don't agree with you all the time, and its very few, we never get into the name calling or anything like that. I know you have tried so hard to be the voice of reason in the forums, and pretty much kept it professional everytime. keep up the good work. its good to have you on the player council speaking up for us little people.
  • I think it's time to do productive things in life? :) :)
  • EME is understaffed and apparently assigned the few who cared about Tera to other games they publish or the console project so Tera PC is more of a back burner at the moment.
  • Edited the title of this thread. You are welcome to post your opinions about the game, but it's most effective when kept constructive.

Thanks,
    circuits
  • Babbelsim wrote: »

ZN6_Jx_Feb_Si_7_YLRKJPdvyg.png

It's pretty bad when the grind crazy Korean version can host a new years event, but we can't.

I can understand being understaffed, but the lack of communication is unacceptable.
  • but it's most effective when kept constructive.

EME staff always tell forum people "be constructive". It's time to ask them this question.

Is your game management constructive?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Edited the title of this thread. You are welcome to post your opinions about the game, but it's most effective when kept constructive.

Thanks,
    circuits

While this probably isn't the best timing, welcome, circuits.