[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Being constructive as a GM

First of all, welcome to the forum. it seems you are one of the new GMs for tera(or eme) unless you are using decoy account.

Since I saw a few comments by you with a link to new-year event, I will leave my message to EME and you here.

I am pretty sure that EME noticed people's opinion & anger. But please remember the new-year event will not solve the people's anger.

Yes, we did not have any Christmas event while EME staffs are enjoying their holiday. If you say there were 2 events which were golden gift and limited big discount for 1 day, you will just pull aggro from more people.

In my opinion, for EME as a Game Management, it would be good to make a post with an apology and/or an explanation for what happened in order to make people understand how you manage the game. Again, we missed the Christmas event and GM's were completely gone with no communication. People have been already disappointed by your way to mange TERA, so it is time to show that you are still willing to communicate with players. New year event is not for the one that we missed. You just linked that event to people's forum and it really seems like you are dodging people's opinion and throw an event to us in order to make us quiet. Even if It will temporarily work to release people's anger, people will also be disappointed how you manage/communicate with the game players.

All you did so far is "there will be an event for new year's celebration" which is dodging people's anger and constructive opinion.

Please be constructive as a GM like you always ask to forum people.

Comments

• DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    They're not exactly new, they're CM for Closers as far as I know
  • Digivolve wrote: »
    They're note exactly new, they're CM for Closers as far as I know

So we still didn't get any word from TERA GMs? where are they?
  • JasonTERA wrote: »
    If you say there were 2 events which were golden gift and limited big discount for 1 day, you will just pull aggro from more people.

In the spirit of trying to keep things constructive, the two events we had going on over the holidays were the Elin Gunner Level event and Wintera. But people were expecting a more specific event to hit Christmas itself, as happened in years past.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    also In the spirit of trying to keep things constructive the new years event was planned and announced at least a fortnight ago at minimum in a twitch which has before also been mentioned here

but agree that the ball was dropped in some way thru the lack of the traditional mini and fat santa's event or such and even tho it wasn't confirmed it was hinted as to be happening , the forums even show that such an event was missed by a number of played (my self included) as its something uniquely different to do that comes to the game but once a year
  • edited December 2017
    Circuits is the CM for Closers but looks like she's stepping in to help out.

The eme staff is usually on vacation and inactive this time of year but it would be nice to have someone around to say when plans change and communicate with the players.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    StarSprite wrote: »
    Circuits is the CM for Closers but looks like she's stepping in to help out.

The eme staff is usually on vacation and inactive this time of year but it would be nice to have someone around to say when plans change and communicate with the players.

@eme_circuits so a she-CM :3 time to go to Closer forums and get banned :#
  • I feel sorry for @eme-circuits - to get pulled into our xmas $hitstorm about total absence of events and communication, read all our whines and salt just because another part eme is indifferent to whats going on and has vacation without actually doing job (which reward is vacation) is not wonderful.

I promiss to be good to her c:
  • Actually I don`t care about these small events and all the petty little communication mishaps that followed. I simply dislike the majority of the current forum staff in general. I barely even read their names anymore, I just look for that official icon and I know to expect one liners and douchebaggery. So I don't bother with them unless I need something. I see most of them as "drones" of obligatory information. See some people buy into that whole "tell us you're constructive criticism" crap, but I think that they simply don`t care, that they see these things as a mild annoyance they have to take part in officially, and I think that they lack the capacity to do things differently. It might even just be a personality thing. And if you don't like someone, if the rub you the wrong way, that's just how it is. What can a person say to that? "this is all circumstantial, get to know them better?" no thanks ive seen enough. Just do you're job, will you.

On the bright side though, the only staff member ive noticed that carries himself decently (imo), is Spacecats. Ive noticed alot of people judge him based on his management skills. Thats fair I guess. But I personally think he is trying (maybe too hard), and he seems down to earth. Just an opinion.
  • They don't give a single fuc.k about the players, they just throw some event and hope that ppl shut up
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Heruvim wrote: »
    They don't give a single fuc.k about the players, they just throw some event and hope that ppl shut up

I don't think that was done by Tera staff, because @Emberwright is not on Tera team I suppose. So yeah, the other guys I think.

PS: I think Emberwright might be @eme_circuits ? I am confused, too much for my Popo brain. I go play Fallout 4 with nude mod. wait
  • I think a "Christmas event" should feel like a gift. Something out of the ordinary to give out stuff without much effort so people can either get rich (like the recent triple-drop-no-cooldowns-event) or get some nice costumes/mounts.
    In a more general tone, I also think that "events" should feel like the developers have been working on something to provide the people with, something that took time to make.
  • Meanwhile in EU they have "new" content such as DSU and DSU extreme...
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    1c14acfc42.jpg
    This is GM's comment on other complaining post about no actual event on Christmas other than cash event.

26742bf3f6.png
    This is another GM's comment on a post reporting unintentional change in VG reward. GM confirmed that it was not intended.

Now, we did not here anything about Christmas event. We all know that current double drop and jackpot event is pretty good, but that is not for Christmas.
    EME does not have to do an event for Christmas. It is their choice. But pretty much TERA is the only game that did not have any celebrating event on global holiday. And this is pretty rare that EME does not say anything about an event stuff which EME has the right to handle without BHS's help.

@Spacecats when you come back to work, are we gonna hear anything about this? Lots of people were disappointed by NO EVENT, others were disappointed by NO COMMUNICATION, or maybe for both.
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    They will def have a another event to make up for the lack of christimas one. They just need to find a way around all these potential exploits.
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    > @Chido said:
    > They will def have a another event to make up for the lack of christimas one. They just need to find a way around all these potential exploits.

And another TRNM dungeon highlight event to compensate us for when the previous event coincided with the reduced chat functionality period.