There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (2/22) from 8-11 a.m. PST

Incompetence or Witch Hunt?

My boyfriend contacted support to restore a lost item.
Support replied with:
1KnUGUv.jpg

Before he could login to check the item claim, he received the following message on the launcher:
lzbWmaY.jpg

Delightful, now we'll be banned at random from contacting support?
@counterpoint Please help.

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    Considering it was placed at a low price, rather than what was put on broker, they might have done it as a security measure to make sure someone wasn't hacking the account. It would make sense.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think EME should check how changes made by them when helping players to fix issues on their accounts are recorded in their server logs.

If this happened because support made changes in his account and other EME staff thought it was the player who made those changes and ban him then we have pretty serious issue here.

I could only talk from my experience and some friends experience with these kind of problems fixed for support and we never had any issue like this.

I wish him good luck.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭
    They don't call him GM.Merciless for nothing
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    They don't call him GM.Merciless for nothing

..I was hoping someone would over-look this pun. Damn, there goes my wish. :(
  • No I was able to login last few days. And the Nighfruy got sold a few days ago aswell.
    The Ban just happened when i came back. AFTER the Ticket allready was solved. I got the Solved Ticket Email today. Few horus ago. And now i cant login.
  • SkruxSkrux ✭✭
    edited January 2
    I think they are trying to have everyone quit instead of saying that Tera will be shutting its servers down.
  • Looking into this with the CS crew. It doesn't make sense for anyone to be suspended relating to a mistaken broker charge. My guess is that the suspension is totally unrelated.
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    Yes, I agree with spacecats. Unrelated ban. Tell your bf to stop using cheats.
  • MargaretheMargarethe ✭✭✭✭
    Chido wrote: »

You're annoying.
    He doesn't cheat.
    Otherwise I wouldn't bother making this in the first place.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

my god this crappy meme stopped being funny more than half a year ago already...

Back to it tho: yeah some mistake. It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever for that to happen intentionally, could be some bug also, if there's some automatic detection of sorts to avoid account hacking, and the changes triggered it by accident.
    Maybe test the same on a dummy En Masse's account to make sure it ain't happening automatically? That is, in case it wasn't staff made by accident.
  • edited January 2
    Margarethe wrote: »

You're annoying.
    He doesn't cheat.

Looks like we need a little more to look up the ticket. @Margarethe can you DM me the ticket number or his EME account e-mail address?

Also please don't just call people cheaters. There's zero info in the message Margarethe posted to indicate the cause of suspension. Be nice.
  • MargaretheMargarethe ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Margarethe wrote: »

You're annoying.
    He doesn't cheat.

Looks like we need a little more to look up the ticket. @Margarethe can you DM me the ticket number or his EME account e-mail address?

Also please don't just call people cheaters. There's zero info in the message Margarethe posted to indicate the cause of suspension. Be nice.

Replied on direct message as requested.
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    Still, kinda seems like a exploit for multiplying items, since if the skill book was used, i don't think support would modify the buyer's character and make him/her forget the flying skill as it gets restored to the former owner. Listing a expensive item for the wrong price isn't something new, a painful mistake to make, but I doubt players actively contact support due to such mistake to have the item returned.
  • Doesn't the broker now warn you with a separate dialog box when you're placing an item below market average?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    CorviRei wrote: »
    Doesn't the broker now warn you with a separate dialog box when you're placing an item below market average?

It does, and it's quite the big warning. Whoever if there is no recent average, it can't warn anything.

Also there's the classical miss-press where you just blaze your way through it in a rush and happen to do the mistake. Confirmation boxes help more than no box, but I remember once on some Blast from the Past with my archer I was cleaning up the inevitable trash from the dungeons and ended up throwing away a costume that was right besides a trash item. It's like ~20 trash items to throw away, you don't take all your time revising it always.

Tho yeah I've learned the lesson, now I take more care about it, and whenever possible do my trash cleanups in merchant, it's safer and easier (since you are looking at the 8 icons for longer than one drag and drop).
This discussion has been closed.