Constructive Feedback for EME in Regards to Tera

Comments

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Ardire wrote: »
    reading this gave me a stroke i will personally paypal you money directly if you never post on these forums ever again

I prefer cash, but sure. Pay up or shut up. And if you do that, I promises I will use some of that of money to buy you an actual book, because if you like the Tera lore, then god knows you need one!
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats Thanks for the response and forwarding that on up - it means a lot more to me and probably others here than I think words on a forum can usually convey, but still, thank you.

I read through this thread and am happy it's garnered such a response from EME and everyone else - I don't have an opportunity tonight but I'll be doing another post responding to some people and putting down on paper some of the other ideas I wanted to originally write down but didn't have the chance to soon. I can't for sure say if it'll happen tomorrow or not but I'll start tomorrow at least.

I'm actually glad some people disagree with me, that's what helps make the community what it is. I know I'm just one kind of player, and probably a bit of a minority even then, so hearing feedback from others with differing views and interests, and bouncing ideas off of you all over the years is/was all but integral in crafting some of the ideas I've put down in the OP, and I'll definitely be considering them when I am writing the next big post.
  • This is all great but you are forgetting something BHS and EME are super cheap and will not spend a dime on Tera unless they must and as it stands they don't think they must, so all of this is usless. @Jerichow
  • edited January 3
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    This is all great but you are forgetting something BHS and EME are super cheap and will not spend a dime on Tera unless they must and as it stands they don't think they must, so all of this is usless. @Jerichow

Well this doesn't really get us anywhere. You don't have to be 100% optimistic to be constructive, but even if you believe changes are unlikely, the better approach is more like: "What would make an idea MORE likely to happen? Why is it worth applying to the game? What hasn't been thought of yet?"

TERA is a living, breathing MMO with changes always in the pipeline. Sometimes just new bosses or fun cosmetics, but if you even just look at the recent history of TERA's 5+ year lifespan, we've seen from Bluehole the new gear progression system, CU:Velika, Harrowhold, and the upcoming awakening system, showing that they ARE willing to explore new mechanics while building on existing ones. Updates like those are not easy. Following a template is easy. But updates like those are born from the drive that Bluehole developers have to try new things and keep improving. I think they're very interested in hearing well thought-out feedback like what we're seeing in this thread.

• ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    This recent double drop event with lootboxes made me play at least 4x more times. I went from 40 clears on RG to 91. Even though the economy of those lootboxes is destroyed for a couple of weeks, it was fun collecting them. Please do this with other dungeons and lootboxes not widely traded/sold.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    This is all great but you are forgetting something BHS and EME are super cheap and will not spend a dime on Tera unless they must and as it stands they don't think they must, so all of this is usless. @Jerichow

Well this doesn't really get us anywhere. You don't have to be 100% optimistic to be constructive, but even if you believe changes are unlikely, the better approach is more like: "What would make an idea MORE likely to happen? Why is it worth applying to the game? What hasn't been thought of yet?"

TERA is a living, breathing MMO with changes always in the pipeline. Sometimes just new bosses or fun cosmetics, but if you even just look at the recent history of TERA's 5+ year lifespan, we've seen from Bluehole the new gear progression system, CU:Velika, Harrowhold, and the upcoming awakening system, showing that they ARE willing to explore new mechanics while building on existing ones. Updates like those are not easy. Following a template is easy. But updates like those are born from the drive that Bluehole developers have to try new things and keep improving. I think they're very interested in hearing well thought-out feedback like what we're seeing in this thread.

I understand where youre coming from, but sometimes new changes or new content doesn't mean that its better all the time. I do like that they are trying to improve the game, but I don't think civil unrest is better than alliance. just like original iod is way better than stepstone isle. I do understand that they were trying to speed up the process but iod was a better tutorial. any chance we could at least get that back?
  • FRSTYFRSTY ✭✭
    I think that what BHS doesn’t understand is that sometimes you have to go back and fix things to then bring out new stuff.

Another thing is that instead of devoting time to replace a broken thing with yet another broken thing, they should devote time to fix the old broken stuff.

Ex: Alliance and Velika: Unrest
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »

what i ask it is than they stop to remove content it hurt tera badly, damn alliance removing was the worst decision for tera we lost so much because that
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome threads with awesome points. but I gotta say it, you just wasted your time and breath. Nothing gonna change.
  • YordaddyYordaddy ✭✭
    edited January 4
    @Spacecats do you think CU:Velika is an upgrade or downgrade compared to Alliance?
    And to be more specific, does CU:Velika offer more (pvp) gameplay time than Alliance did?
    Is CU:Velika occupying more people than Alliance did?
    also is there any other factor that makes CU:Velika superior to Alliance?
  • What a bunch of nonsense, if you want to play rpg so badly with slow leveling progression then go play final fantasy for console games.
    When we heard about Tera and see videos for the first time we all want one thing, and its that action combat and interesting dungeon mechanics (some people want a fun pvp too but that's another issue to be treated separately). Most people don't give a damn about going that boring first dungeons that only people near your level can enter, and then the next dungeon that is boring too for another level and so on until you get to the real interesting ones. God you even want to make these dungeons longer by removing avatar weapons, really? Try making a party with some friends using normal weapons and go like soleron sky garden or golden labyrinth, you gonna spend hours there, I see no fun in that with such an uniteresting dungeon. We all want that end game but we have to make sure people at least know something about the game and their class to start. So I got a few suggestions:

1) Make the leveling 1~64 only with story quests, but like going fast, something like each quest you go up a level or something. This way people who is interested about the story can enjoy reading and get to know what's going on and people who don't care just go through it fast without reading. But in those quests make it so it actually teach something. Something like, one of those quests will teach you about crystals and equips (but not through quest text but like interface or someting, make them equip the thing) some will teach you how to fight a BAM with your class: If you're playing tank, during the fight there will be a dps and healer npc, simulating a party and the quest will tell you about blocking attacks, unblockeble attacks and aggro. If you're a dps there will be a healer and tank npc and the quest will teach you about back attacking and so on, everything solo so people wont have to be grouped randomly with other people while everybody is still trying to learn how to play the class. Those quests would not take you too long to get to 65 so you won't be stuck with that feeling of "I'm playing mmorpg but I keep having to do solo things, so boring) This way people will get to the actual game knowing something by the time when it will really start to matter which is the end game.

2) It's acutally an extension of the first suggestion, this game has a story that make it's world change, so while you're some point at the story somwthing may still not happened for you and while for other player on end game it already happened like Pora Elinu's destruction and such. By making people get to 65 by that kinda of tutorial I suggested, when they're done, they'll be at the same point in time like everybody else.

3) Now you must be asking "what about those low level dungeons?" let's face it, most of them are boring as f... so my suggestion is: by the time when you reach 65, make the gear progression more fragmented, pick the ineteresting dungeons like kelsaiks, manaya, wonderholme (I feel so sad seeing those well made and challenging dgs been left behind) and maybe other dgs that were removed like rift, velik's hold etc and put them on progression, you can put some of those low level dungeons like BoL, necromancer tomb etc for gold farming, like ravenous. I don't know why this game dumps and remove the dgs they make when some are pretty fun and challenging. We're always stuck with the same ritual on Tera: they put like 3 or 4 different dungeon (with nm and hm) and we keep doing the same dgs over and over until they remove it and replace by new ones and we have to do these over and over and this goes on and on. Come on, make people do different dungeon so they wont get bored, one of the fun on Tera is doing dungeons with interesting mechanics but keep doing the same 3 set of dungeons over and over and over again.... my god, why? With so many interesting ones being removed and left behind. Make people play your game, don't fragment the population by boring low level dungeons, teach them how to equip, use the right items and their classes skills and when they know the basics get them to where the real game begins, together with everyone.

Sorry for the long text and bad english.
  • I respect all who took his time and wrote their opinions, really many cool thoughts. But so sad to understand that they will never come true. Tera either staying or moving back. Even the things that seriously need to be reworked in first place (say hello to vg shop, aces, fc and bg!) loooong time stay in oblivion.
    sorry to ruin hopes.
  • Tera is probably by far my favorite MMO. I started playing awhile ago. Not the oldest of player base but up there. I have quit a few times and come back because I get bored of other games I am playing really fast because there is no hook. Now before I get judged on this next statement, I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there is one game I have played and always go back to time and time again and there is a reason. That game is Runescape.

Now before I get a lot of "OMG you still play Runescape???", yes there are quite a few people who still play and enjoy it as I do. Just like all games Runescape has had its ups and downs. They had peak players in middle of 2007, but they did one patch that destroyed their game. This was the removal of free trade and their player base plummeted. Now you might be wondering what does this have to do with Tera, BHS and EME? Well at their peak Jagex lost touch with their player base, something they had previously prided themselves on. Constantly talking to their plays, listening to suggestions and when they stopped Runescape started to decline. Even with the release of RS3 a more graphicly updated version couldn't bring back players.
    BHS and EME are doing the same thing. They keep trying to release new classes to draw players in. They add new cosmetics to attract a certain type or player. Wells that's fine and dandy but how do you make them stay? Your content hasn't changed. Your end game hasn't changed. After awhile Jagex realized they had lost touch with their player base and it needed to change. They started doing polls for upcoming patches, they asked what players wanted to see introduced into the game. Now you have OSRS, which is based on the game back in 2007, and RS3 for those who want a newer up to date version. Both of which have weekly polls on the upcoming patches. Any new major update is polled before implementation, they take player suggestions and feedback. And due to all this both RS3 and OSRS are seeing an INCREASE in population.

It's not too late for Tera to be saved. In my opinion I agree with @Viauxi and that Tera could be a gem in a pile of all the other MMO's and those that are released daily. Tera has the best combat system I have found of any other online game and numerous games attempt to copy it. So why let any other game climb above Tera when Tera could be the trend-setter? I understand creating a game and running it is a business but why make decisions for a business that is dying because you are losing your income because you don't listen? Jagex is gaining player base back because they are listening to their players (and are still cheaper than Tera elite, 75$ for a whole year compared to 175$ for Tera). They introduce new content monthly not "better" gear. If BHS or EME started listening to player base on what is to come then I believe Tera could be saved.

Here is a link to the video about the rise and fall and rise again of jagex if anyone is interested:

To be honest, I feel everyone at EME and BHS should watch this and learn a thing or too. I love my Tera and I want people to play with. I don't want to wait 45 minutes to find a dungeon. I don't want to spend 6 months to get the best in slot gear only for the next best thing to come out a week later. I want Tera to be the game I know it can be if only someone would listen.
  • edited January 4
    For me it more a problem with Nasty abusive players, usually brawlers that ruin it for everyone else in the party.
    Rushing off screwing people over.
    Being nasty and abusive when you don't keep up
    Getting kicked before you have chance to do anything because someone thinks you're not setup the way they want you to be, regardless if it right or wrong.

So many players are like a cancer to tera these days slowly destroying it from within.
  • PumpeddPumpedd ✭✭✭✭
    ''We passed along your suggestions to the development crew to never be heard again''