Why are there three different types of goddess blessings if they all share the same cooldown ?

I have a few different goddess blessings and saw that they were priced differently on the TB even though they did exactly the same thing and shared the same cool down. SO I couldn't understand why there are three different types.

Best Answers

• KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    there's not 3, there's about a dozen. and.. nobody can really answer as to why there's lots of different ones, but they used to have different cooldowns so.. :/
    pretty much every consumable has a ton of different types for one reason or another.
  • Accepted Answer
    More types that I knew existed. I'll just keep the cheapest type and sell the rest. Thanks.

Answers

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    there's not 3, there's about a dozen. and.. nobody can really answer as to why there's lots of different ones, but they used to have different cooldowns so.. :/
    pretty much every consumable has a ton of different types for one reason or another.

Yeah, I remember several years ago to be able to use more than one Goddess Blessing if I happen to have more than one kind.

I never noticed when they began to share their cooldowns.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I never noticed when they began to share their cooldowns.

Maybe during starfall patch, IIRC? I do remember reading the patch notes then, but I'm too lazy to go back and read it now.
  • edited January 5
    There are items like this in TERA for a couple reasons. Duplicate versions are sometimes created for different world regions, but still localized to English. Sometimes there are versions meant for all regions to use. Some also have lower cooldowns making them a little better. Some are tradeable and others aren't. Some are named differently because they were designed as rewards for specific events, reputation quests, Alliance, etc...

After 5+ years of TERA a lot of these items are still around even if we've switched to rewarding a single version of the item. Players hoard stuff, and there's usually no reason to punish that behavior or replace everything. Just make sure you read the item tooltips so you're buying what you expect.
  • JXE5356AKEJXE5356AKE ✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    Spacecats wrote: »
    There are items like this in TERA for a couple reasons. Duplicate versions are sometimes created for different world regions, but still localized to English. Sometimes there are versions meant for all regions to use. Some also have lower cooldowns making them a little better. Some are tradeable and others aren't. Some are named differently because they were designed as rewards for specific events, reputation quests, Alliance, etc...

After 5+ years of TERA a lot of these items are still around even if we've switched to rewarding a single version of the item. Players hoard stuff, and there's usually no reason to punish that behavior or replace everything. Just make sure you read the item tooltips so you're buying what you expect.

I've never seen items with lower cooldowns unless I've missed it, could you give some examples?

I guess there is some lack of consistency in the naming scheme, which has to be related to the localization and translation right?
    The three main goddess blessings - goddess' blessing, Federation supply: goddess's blessing, and goddess's blessing, are all tradable and sellable.
    3owClr6.png

But when it comes to rejuvenation pots, only "rejuvenation potion" is tradable/sellable, while "valiant potion" and "federation supply: rejuvenation potion" are not. They all do the same thing with the same cds, etc.

So the "Federation supply" can be misleading.

efVq0Bl.png

Also do you consider this to be English:
    5nldrGW.png

There's a goddess like this too, just no name at all.
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    These do not share cooldown. Like, if you use Federation Supply version and it was the last one in your inventory, you can still use another version. So only have 1 of each in your inventory, put rest in pet bank and refill only when off cd.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭
    Xandervb wrote: »
    These do not share cooldown. Like, if you use Federation Supply version and it was the last one in your inventory, you can still use another version. So only have 1 of each in your inventory, put rest in pet bank and refill only when off cd.

That is how it used to work, yes, but they changed this many patches ago. Every Goddess' Blessing shares a cooldown now.