[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Why are people this toxic to healers?

As a mystic I joined a lfg LK normal, we did a flawless run the first time, no one died, I healed, I debuffed, everything was perfectly fine so we descided to do a second run.
During the second run a berserker died once and this is what happend:
TERA_Screen_Shot_party_conversation.png
I thought people were suppose to use potions or orbs when the healer was in trouble?
And I fully cover the floor in them.

Let me remind you that only 1 berserker died and that the first run was fully flawless.

How am I supposed to enjoy the game as a healer after this?
I get a party through a dungeon and this is the hate that I get for it?

«134

Comments

  • Don't read too much into an lfg group. [filtered] happens.
  • He is just mad because he failed to use a pot and no on orbs.

    Whenever I play MMOs, I don't fully rely on the healer. I'll use pots or whatever means in my power to keep me up.

    Not only is it good practice but it helps take off pressure from the healer.

    Tho idk how Tera fully works so I can't fully speak for this game :P only been in the console technical test
  • It's scummy of them to get their panties in a knot, however, it is a problem if someone has to use a pot during an LKNM run. It's okay to still be learning, and they should have provided more constructive feedback. You may want to look into your priorities as a healer. It's an unfortunate reality that mostly everyone avoids arun's vitae and are generally considered more of a self heal for the mystic, since dps will have to go out of their way to pick them up.
  • Thats is normal i am healer main; and people always blame tank and healer for everything in pvp and pve. In hard or easy dugens,or pvp battleground there is a big red text on screen that says monster is going to strike a mortal attack please avoid, or dont stand on land water, acid etc due that might hurt you a lot of, but people always ignore it and going directly to their own death. Dont be sad there are toxic people in every game who forgot, this is only a video game nothing is real. Just keep playing and ignore them.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    They're not wrong. You're not supposed to rely on motes as a healer. Ever. Healer "getting in trouble" is healer's fault alone
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    They're not wrong. You're not supposed to rely on motes as a healer. Ever. Healer "getting in trouble" is healer's fault alone

    -cough- DPS eats damage like a manure sack -cough- floor filled with crap that DPS didn't stack -cough-

    Let's also keep in mind that it was a BERSERKER. I bet my Elin's tail that it wasn't the tanker. This means they frankly shouldn't ever even require heals on an easy dungeon like Lilith's A-s-s Sexy Mode.

    Another assumption we could (and SHOULD) do is that the tanker is taking priority on the run, and the biggest chunk of locks and such go to the tanker. That IS what I do, and when the tank is at least decent, I do have enough time to help others, and such no one should be dying. If the tank whoever eats damage like mad, the rest of the folks (DPS) will be secondary and ends up getting some AOEs and the other leftover targets from Focus Heal and such (talking on the Priest side of the force). The reason for that is simple: running boss from dead tank = wipe or ages to fix.

    Any DPS that just can't grab a mote on the floor, deserves to lay down there dead. Honestly. That coming from a Priest so I couldn't care less about a Mystic's grief, Its just inexcusable for me that a DPS is so focused on his own damage and e-peen numbers on Moongourd or whatever he thinks he's doing on LKNM, that he can't grab a mote on the floor, to get rid of the damage he shouldn't have taken to begin with on such a run.


    From my healing experiences, the only moment people complain about healers, is when the healer is a complete manure sack that is DPSing there and doesn't know what to do, OR the most common: the complainer is a stupid face tanker that doesn't know what is an I-frame and blames others for dying. Actually not only healer experience, but also DPS experience, and my few tanking moments.
    I agree that there can also be face-tanking runs to maximise DPS, but this should be well defined at the start. Not that just one decides to go please his e-peen and face-tank the way out of it then complain about healer.

    Please DPS, I beg you: Eat the candy, it's tasty. And don't run away from Priests either, they are harmless when they're on your own party, they don't wanna pin you down to the boss when they come near you, it's either Circle Heal or Immersion to heal everyone around (I use it from time to time to fill up someone on bad HP and myself at once when the rest is fine).
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

    -cough- DPS eats damage like a manure sack -cough- floor filled with crap that DPS didn't stack -cough-
    It's face tanking to do more damage by not avoiding mechanics to make the run faster.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Another assumption we could (and SHOULD) do is that the tanker is taking priority on the run, and the biggest chunk of locks and such go to the tanker.
    You mean the 30m auto lock-ons that a braindead monkey could do? I find it more inexcusable for a mystic to have something other to do than pick a spot and roll face on keyboard between tf and VoC. It's LKn. Mystic would never even have to move
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »

    -cough- DPS eats damage like a manure sack -cough- floor filled with crap that DPS didn't stack -cough-
    It's face tanking to do more damage by not avoiding mechanics to make the run faster.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Another assumption we could (and SHOULD) do is that the tanker is taking priority on the run, and the biggest chunk of locks and such go to the tanker.
    You mean the 30m auto lock-ons that a braindead monkey could do? I find it more inexcusable for a mystic to have something other to do than pick a spot and roll face on keyboard between tf and VoC. It's LKn. Mystic would never even have to move

    The funniest part about your insistent statement is that you bulldozed and ignored on purpose, the only part I marked in bold on my comment:
    ElinLove wrote: »
    [...]
    I agree that there can also be face-tanking runs to maximise DPS, but this should be well defined at the start. Not that just one decides to go please his e-peen and face-tank the way out of it then complain about healer.
    [...]

    He didn't inform? [filtered] him, his fault. I even bet he wasn't doing anything special to begin with to justify oh-so-amazing face-tank DPS.

    Besides on locks being 30m and crap I still don't see your point, if the tanker was getting the locks and so would the DPS in that case (since it's so [filtered] obvious they would hit even if by accident), how come the zerk is still eating damage?
    Not to mention: he was the only one who died, and someone was sooooo mad because he/she needed to use ONE POTION! My god one potion!

    I bet the floor was pretty nicely filled with the AOEs from someone who just face-tanked cause he's such a pro (~hint hint: the zerk~). Wasn't it full of trash, the zerk could likely still eat damage like an idiot for the rest of the boss.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's how I see it, as a mainly-DPS player, but occasional healer (Priest);

    1.) If the Mystic puts drops right in front of them and doesn't move away, I assume it's for them, and I assume they will continue to heal us after they heal themselves with the motes.
    2.) If the Mystic puts motes and runs away to drop more, and puts them around DPS and tank, I assume that's for us, and that they're on a cool down or focusing mainly on tank as far as healing skills go.


    However, it doesn't excuse players going into a dungeon (both DPS and Tank) and NOT taking potions with them. I always take potions, both Prime Recovery Portable, and Valkyon Federation Potions into a dungeon. I ALSO take plenty of Scrolls of Rapid Resurrections into each dungeon, JUST IN CASE the healer dies and can't res via the Neophyte Resuscitation or didn't use a skill that allows them to res with full HP and MP (in the case of Priests).

    It's not that hard, nor is it that expensive to buy and carry these basic items with you into a dungeon, especially when you don't know what you're getting into. If you don't do this, you lack common sense. Might be harsh, but it's the simple truth. And you contribute to part of the problem with runs like this.

    Just my (probably unpopular) two cents on the discussion.
  • let them all die the next time until they learn to talk to you with respect. and before anyone comes in about the terms of service, I don't think the terms of service wants people cursing and being rude to others.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    dying in a normal mode dungeon is pretty embarrassing so you'll see people take it out on you or the tank or both of you to protect their fragile ego, similar to how when absolutely anyone loses a duel they first thing they automatically say in chat without fail is "lag"

    people can't admit they're bad, so YOU gotta be the bad one. shrug your shoulders, move on.
  • The2scimmzThe2scimmz ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    i'm lost you just chose not to heal cause there is orbs on the ground? Also people saying zerks shouldn't take damage xd their charges alone can nearly kill them. I don't know what happened so can't decide who messed up here, either way if I got a healer who relied on only dropping motes to keep their party alive i'd most likely /drop.
  • Last I checked, Tera was a Trinity based system. This means tanks tank, damage dealers dps and healers..... HEAL. I'd be pissed off too if I had a healer that wanted me to pick up [filtered] motes. Mystic is already the easiest [filtered] healer class as its broken as [filtered]. You're a [filtered] healer, do your damn job and heal. Damage Dealers are gonna take damage, so they can kill the boss faster. They shouldn't have to rely on health potions or motes. You have a lock on skill that heals like 40 [filtered] meters, use the [filtered]. Its a pain in the [filtered] and an overall dps loss for anyone to have to pick up motes.
    How to mystic in 6 easy steps:
    1. Ensure Auras are on
    2. Debuff boss with volley of curses
    3. Contagion during enrage
    4. Lock on heal your tank and damage dealers as it is low af cooldown and stong af
    5. Rez any dead people - You don't even need to rebuff them unless you die! mystic so ez gg.
    6. Do dungeon related mechanics as needed i.e. Regression, Stun, Sleep, Corruption Ring
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Pain in the a-s-s to pick motes.... Wow it's so horrible to press F to pick that ball on your foot.

    Yeah. DPS these days...

    I don't know how far was the healer at fault, but literally only one of them died and the other OH MY GOD USED A POTION! It's not like there wasn't any... oh wait the b-a-l-l-s heal you ([filtered] you word filter).

    Frankly if I was a DPS and I died with a lot of motes around me I would feel so ashamed of myself that I would just go on chat like "sorry guys... I'm s-u-c-k-i-n-g today". Saying the motes are for the Mystic only or that Mystic is easy is a vexing excuse. Be the healer as bad as it is. Dying cause don't wanna pick a mote or going bananas over using a potion is pathetic. And yes, healers do have their trash to deal with when DPS screws mechanics too, but really, even if it didn't happen, it's downright pathetic to die because of refusing to pick motes. No matter how bad the healer is, if there are motes you pick them.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    He didn't inform? [filtered] him, his fault. I even bet he wasn't doing anything special to begin with to justify oh-so-amazing face-tank DPS.

    I mean, if you can't notice the party face-tanking until one member dies then glasses or even binoculars may be an option.
Sign In or Register to comment.