This game needs FORCE KICK

Currently stuck in a Ravenous-Gorge party with 2 players that died to the second boss. They couldn't revive so i used instance reset. One player logs out and the other guy goes afk. So I am currently in a 3 man party with and offline player and an afk. I cant kick because this game needs a "majority" vote. This game needs force kick if you are party leader. Dumb that I have to get "leaver" penalty when I am the only player in the party....

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitly something need to be done in those particular cases.

Why reset the instance when you could have ressed out side and try again?

or do you mean you already tried several times before one got afk and the other off-line?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    I somewhat agree, and somewhat not too.
    It's a very hard subject, as I've also been into situations where the kick system shows it's flaws horribly (when people are in IM and outside of the instance, this crap won't work cause hurr durr muztt be inzide de dungeun), AFKs as you said, offlines, and so goes.

Whoever I've also seen complete manchilds and crybabies with the lead, which would do nothing but boot for grief. That IS what they try, throw tantrums with raid chat, and so goes, and we only get saved from those manure sacks because of the majority system.

Basically, we got two sides to this story (or more....Think of a troll pair or the in-combat trolls forcing combat to not get kicked). The kick system IS flawed, this is no question. I even recall En Masse saying it needs revision (specially inside battlegrounds, the in-combat rule kills the chance to boot trolls ENTIRELY), but I feel like giving some authority override to the leader would bring heavy issues too.

Some revisions could be proposed for the system tho (and pray like maniacs to BHS to do it instead of another lootbox), like:

- Change/remove the in-combat kick rule. I know why it's there, to avoid people booting players right before the looting and keep it all for themselves. But it's the core reason why trolls get by with their trolling, same goes for AFKs and AFK bots, at least revise the system, like BGs disable this;
    - Automatic kick for offlines when the kick function is used: say we got 3 offlines out of 5. By majority, how will you do this? Or if last 4th/5th is AFK, it just won't happen? Even tho there's no way to do it?]
    - AFK detection on dungeons too, not just BGs, but to allow kicks after 2 min.
  • I hate it when you do a bg or dungeon and you have afk people or they go offline and not return, but I would rather have to deal with that than letter the party leader have absolute kick power. this is one of those no win situations and it would be abused. its a hard fix to do.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    Same. Just went offline with a fellow guild mate because of two people from another server in Thaumetal Refinery who wouldn't follow mechanics, and kept dying, and the first boss took (literally) 15 minutes to do. This is ridiculous, because they're both in the same Guild, and they won't obviously kick one another. I advised the 5th person to also go offline and wait for this to kick, because they have no other choice other than to disband or kick us. Apparently my race is why I was being "a big cry baby" when all I was asking was "Are you two trolls?" and they start laughing and asking "what drugs are you on".

Trap runs ruin everything, and they're a definite problem. A solution needs to be made in order to combat this, because there are major trolls who take advantage of this.

I've reported them before, and nothing happened to them afaik, but I've reported them again. Get these trolls out of this game, dear god.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Apparently my race is why I was being "a big cry baby" when all I was asking was "Are you two trolls?" and they start laughing and asking "what drugs are you on".

Trap runs ruin everything, and they're a definite problem. A solution needs to be made in order to combat this, because there are major trolls who take advantage of this.

I've reported them before, and nothing happened to them afaik, but I've reported them again. Get these trolls out of this game, dear god.

If you suspect them to be trolls dont ever do that, it makes things worse.

It is sad to be at the mercy of trolls in-game but sadly they really knows how to [filtered] other without doing anything sanctionable (not until they are catch up with videos and reliable evidence aside from the report).

I hope this can be improved not only on Tera but in all games, my worst experience with trolls have been LoL and in Tera I have the second worst experience with trolls.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    instead of being stucked in that party, just leave and get 15 minutes dropout...
  • YubeYube ✭✭
    I'm against this because anyone can be leader and this would let people potentially disband party to troll and make everyone lose a run. So just drop and do something random those 15 minutes of dropout or log onto your other char and do stuff on that.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    I hate it when you do a bg or dungeon and you have afk people or they go offline and not return, but I would rather have to deal with that than letter the party leader have absolute kick power. this is one of those no win situations and it would be abused. its a hard fix to do.

This reminds me of the old channelworks runs where there was this kyra event and some players used to queue as two then kick the third player after the last boss was being killed to prevent him from looting his share of kyra shards...

And even without such a situation i think that the force kick would do more harm than help because a lot of players would end up being kicked for even the smallest reason..
  • play with 4 friends and this will never happen
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    papy10k wrote: »
    play with 4 friends and this will never happen

When your friends aren't on 24/7 at the same time you are, nor are your guild mates, you really don't have a choice, so your suggestion is completely non-helpful. [Removed]
  • Naru2008 wrote: »

When your friends aren't on 24/7 at the same time you are, nor are your guild mates, you really don't have a choice, so your suggestion is completely non-helpful. [Removed]

deal with it, or solo the boss, RG is ezpc
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭

RG yes. But let's talk about the 4 and 5 star dungeons.

Let's put you in there solo and when you need help let's say "deal with it".

You must be fun at parties.

It's obvious you're a troll, so I won't be entertaining you any further past this point.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »

It's obvious you're a troll, so I won't be entertaining you any further past this point.

bru, just drop out, dungeons aren't special or rewarding anyways.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭

bru, just drop out, dungeons aren't special or rewarding anyways.

Neither are your comments, but guess who ain't dropping the topic?
This discussion has been closed.