There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 7 - 11 A.M. PDT

Spacecats Showing Off Mech Suits on TR

_8EFp8cMTNC1AJ0B9JaB4w.png
OKPjqW5dR5yyRg-ydFKWbA.png
7TktdZt-Ts_YkGBhgoOh1A.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209851285?t=00h46m46s

Spacey was just having friendly chats in Channel 1 of Highwatch on Tempest Reach, showing off the new mech suits coming out at the end of this month.

I asked when the next blurple event would be, but he went silent afterwords. Can't confirm anything, but I'll keep pushing for updates on what really matters; Blurple.

(This post is mostly purely in fun and is in no way serious about what's important and what isn't.)
(The video is from the Twitch VOD from 24 days ago as of this post.)

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a video.

The heck I need the costume now!
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had took a video of him flying around in circles, with the trails in the air, but it was unexpected, and he did like two to three laps, so no chance to launch any recording software. :(
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Wish I had took a video of him flying around in circles, with the trails in the air, but it was unexpected, and he did like two to three laps, so no chance to launch any recording software. :(

He showed them off previously on one of the live streams, so you'll probably be able to get footage from that if you need it. I think it was the Q&A stream just before the holidays.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Those are seriously cool
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    edited January 8
    I like the flying skill which comes seperate to the suit but apparently needs the suit and skill combined to work
    rather use the costume and wings I want with the flying skill
  • Shoutout to everyone that afk'd with me on TR ;D

These are currently being planned for a release in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned.
  • Tera is slowly becoming PSO
  • XersesXerses ✭✭✭
    I posted a video on this over a month ago. Where they at?
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought it strange how we receive korea's cash shop stuff almost the moment it's out of development, but we have to wait 6 months for new dungeons and class balance stuff.
    edited January 11
    voidy wrote: »
    I always thought it strange how we receive korea's cash shop stuff almost the moment it's out of development, but we have to wait 6 months for new dungeons and class balance stuff.

It's not really strange from a technical point of view, at least. All the cash shop item files are isolated and easy to merge into other builds (and a lot of cosmetics are tied to seasons/holidays so generally timeliness is important), plus very easy to localize independently. All the rest of the build changes are interrelated/interdependent so you can't piecemeal them, so they obey each region's patch cadence.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not really strange from a technical point of view, at least. All the cash shop item files are isolated and easy to merge into other builds (and a lot of cosmetics are tied to seasons/holidays so generally timeliness is important), plus very easy to localize independently. All the rest of the build changes are interrelated/interdependent so you can't piecemeal them, so they obey each region's patch cadence.

I guess that makes sense. What gets me more is the recycled content that re-enters the game. Back when the teleport exploit was a thing, players were able to warp into "removed" dungeons, exposing the fact that removed content is never really removed at all. When most content patches contain just recycled dungeons, it makes me wonder why it takes so long to implement that we'd have a half year delay (or at this point, a 4 month delay) from the korean game, especially when we go many months with just nothing being added at all. But, didn't mean to veer off topic. Enjoy your lore breaking mech suits o/
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy my lore breaking police car lol. the lore has been broken for years now.
    edited January 11

I guess that makes sense. What gets me more is the recycled content that re-enters the game. Back when the teleport exploit was a thing, players were able to warp into "removed" dungeons, exposing the fact that removed content is never really removed at all. When most content patches contain just recycled dungeons, it makes me wonder why it takes so long to implement that we'd have a half year delay (or at this point, a 4 month delay) from the korean game, especially when we go many months with just nothing being added at all.

Well, yeah, it's off-topic, but there's a reason for that too: preserving the patch cadence. Some of the stuff they do requires more extensive localization/marketing/technical integration, and so they can't move faster than the most difficult thing. Further, they've now basically unified the timeline for all non-KR regions, so the most difficult region also helps determine the overall time needed. Each content cycle is designed to last a certain amount of time, with major and minor updates within that cycle at regular intervals. So basically, the work required for their most difficult/major updates determines the gap, and the minor updates follow the cadence. Even if they could "speed up" some of the minor updates, it would just create a big gap while waiting for the next major one, so it's better to follow the cadence.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Shoutout to everyone that afk'd with me on TR ;D

These are currently being planned for a release in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned.

You said January 18th on stream though....
    edited January 11
    Digivolve wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Shoutout to everyone that afk'd with me on TR ;D

You said January 18th on stream though....

He said that was the goal to get it into the store for everybody by then. It might still be the plan, but it's a goal.