This community, toxicity and the lack of transparency (for some reason my original post was deleted)

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Lol I think you completely missed the point.
    I'd never even heard that nostrum exists so excuse me for not knowing the contents of everything in the game.

Excuse me but the game literally throws these at you and you can't enter a certain dungeon (kalivan's challenge) without having one on. Pls. Pls.

Second thing, yes you are underprepared for a dungeon if you didn't read up on a guide from youtube/forums/essential mana. It's a sad state we don't have proper guides on the site, but every player in ims SHOULD have the basic knowledge of the dungeon, less they want to trap their teammates for hours because they were too lazy to google.
    You said to him you don't care you're doing badly so obviously you didn't care which flowers you need to kill, how it would help them, you never looked at the buff bar when you killed the flowers and were never able to deduce what killing each flower means. Frankly, a guide isn't even needed for this dungeon.
    The guy who lashed out at you is a toxic idiot but let this be a lesson - prepare properly before going into a dungeon, and before you start a dungeon say you're new. Some people will be glad to help if they're aware of the situation.
    And yes we do need ingame dps meters, badly.

People are not obligated to read guides or look at videos from streamers or yourtube channels.

These kind of behaviour from new gamers is what has been killing the fun on the games and that is to learn how to play it "playing it".

totally agreed, and I'll keep calling this "do the homework method" forever, as it's just as stupid as asking someone to do homework for their games. It's a shame the game doesn't have any proper mechanics teaching system (it's obvious we shouldn't just obligate players to do this, they tried with mentor and look how it ended).
    That being said it doesn't take much more than asking what to do in most dungeons, and like 90% will say what to do (that is, from the people that DO know what to do), the other 10% are divided between not wanting to say cause they're lazy and will say later during the run IF anything goes wrong, and the ones that just b!tch and are useless.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    I'd never even heard that nostrum exists so excuse me for not knowing the contents of everything in the game.

Excuse me but the game literally throws these at you and you can't enter a certain dungeon (kalivan's challenge) without having one on. Pls. Pls.

Second thing, yes you are underprepared for a dungeon if you didn't read up on a guide from youtube/forums/essential mana. It's a sad state we don't have proper guides on the site, but every player in ims SHOULD have the basic knowledge of the dungeon, less they want to trap their teammates for hours because they were too lazy to google.
    You said to him you don't care you're doing badly so obviously you didn't care which flowers you need to kill, how it would help them, you never looked at the buff bar when you killed the flowers and were never able to deduce what killing each flower means. Frankly, a guide isn't even needed for this dungeon.
    The guy who lashed out at you is a toxic idiot but let this be a lesson - prepare properly before going into a dungeon, and before you start a dungeon say you're new. Some people will be glad to help if they're aware of the situation.

People are not obligated to read guides or look at videos from streamers or yourtube channels.

These kind of behaviour from new gamers is what has been killing the fun on the games and that is to learn how to play it "playing it".

totally agreed, and I'll keep calling this "do the homework method" forever, as it's just as stupid as asking someone to do homework for their games. It's a shame the game doesn't have any proper mechanics teaching system (it's obvious we shouldn't just obligate players to do this, they tried with mentor and look how it ended).
    That being said it doesn't take much more than asking what to do in most dungeons, and like 90% will say what to do (that is, from the people that DO know what to do), the other 10% are divided between not wanting to say cause they're lazy and will say later during the run IF anything goes wrong, and the ones that just b!tch and are useless.

Learning things is fun the first time you do it, and I don't mind doing that with new dungeons with my friends that have grasped how the game works and are smart enough to notice mechanics and buffs/debuffs and what happens when you touch this and when you destroy that etc.
    Unfortunately this game centers around repetitive dungeons so you only really learn things once (and frankly I'm only feeling like getting stuck in a dungeon forever so many times...).
    This is why in ims I expect people to know things to at least a basic level. If you want to learn without "doing the homework" sure thing bro, make a LEARNING LFG NO GUIDE run and knock it out with other people, you might get friends.
    Mid and late patch it's expected of people to know basics of dungeons and it sucks for new players but it's just how the game works. I mean it's either read the guide or make me repeat the same thing over and over and over in ims because that's what I usually find myself doing in 439's. It saves time, it's convenient and prevents you from making a fool of yourself or giving a bad time to other party members.
    If you want to goof around get friends to do it with, strangers usually want to get through runs fast and rarely are in the dungeon -only- for funsies.

Keep in mind when I ims I am prepared for these types of people, and I do queue mostly to have fun and carry newbies but I appreciate when the newbie says "hey I'm first time and I looked over the guide, mind explaining/confirming things".
  • LyanniLyanni ✭✭

I usually dont think people should be forced to watch guides even tho i usually do before jumping in a new dungeon.
    I dont mind explaining to them mid dungeon if they ask, and even if they dont ask and i see them doing things wrong i try to warn them what it should be done instead.

But then, there's that kind of people that cant comunicate with the teamates (eg. people that dont understand english), so it doesnt matter how much you try to explain, they wont understand. In that case, that the person in question knows they wont be able to ask / understand expanations of the teamates, would be nice to see a video or something beforehand.
    I've seen people like that with a lot of runs in some dungeons that still dont understand the mechanics and trying to explain to them doesnt do anything cause they cant comunicate.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭

you both couldn't be more wrong, viewing reading/watching guides as "killing fun" or "homework" is your own damn [filtered] perspectives, don't throw it on everyone else. when i leveled my first level 60 to-be character years and years ago i watched a video before every single damn dungeon i went in (anyone remember that british dude who played an elin sorcerer? i think his name was meoni or something?), i'm talking BoL all the way up to KN and then would continue to watch videos of endgame level dungeons when i got there.

not once did it ever kill my fun or feel like homwork-- on the contrary i gained more fun having an idea of what was ahead of me and being somewhat prepared for it, i.e. knowing i wouldn't be a complete sandbagging arsehole to the rest of my team was fun. because unlike the majority of ya'll with your incredibly selfish, self-absorbed mentality (americans...) the idea of being the weakest link or even causing wipes for my party was stressful and unpleasant, being able to contribute felt good! as it's supposed to in an MMO game!!!! being a strong, useful member of your party is the reward of MMOs not your own personal feelings and goals. (i.e. "i want to go into this dungeon blind and learn cause that makes ME feel good! idc how my party feels about it or the possible stress i'll cause them with my ignorance!")

so why should i not hold other folk to the standards i held for myself? it's only fair. other people shouldn't have to suffer because you're going into an MMO with a solo-player game mentality. the world doesn't revolve around all ya'll, the sooner you realize that the better.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »

you both couldn't be more wrong, viewing reading/watching guides as "killing fun" or "homework" is your own damn [filtered] perspectives, don't throw it on everyone else. when i leveled my first level 60 to-be character years and years ago i watched a video before every single damn dungeon i went in (anyone remember that british dude who played an elin sorcerer? i think his name was meoni or something?), i'm talking BoL all the way up to KN and then would continue to watch videos of endgame level dungeons when i got there.

not once did it ever kill my fun or feel like homwork-- on the contrary i gained more fun having an idea of what was ahead of me and being somewhat prepared for it, i.e. knowing i wouldn't be a complete sandbagging arsehole to the rest of my team was fun. because unlike the majority of ya'll with your incredibly selfish, self-absorbed mentality (americans...) the idea of being the weakest link or even causing wipes for my party was stressful and unpleasant, being able to contribute felt good! as it's supposed to in an MMO game!!!! being a strong, useful member of your party is the reward of MMOs not your own personal feelings and goals. (i.e. "i want to go into this dungeon blind and learn cause that makes ME feel good! idc how my party feels about it or the possible stress i'll cause them with my ignorance!")

so why should i not hold other folk to the standards i held for myself? it's only fair. other people shouldn't have to suffer because you're going into an MMO with a solo-player game mentality. the world doesn't revolve around all ya'll, the sooner you realize that the better.

You clearly couldnt play on a server where the content is released before others, because you dont get your videos, guides and info telling you what to do on it. :)

Who couldnt be more wrong?
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    You clearly couldnt play on a server where the content is released before others, because you dont get your videos, guides and info telling you what to do on it. :)

o [filtered], i didn't know this was the ktera forums!!! forgive me... korean overlords.....
    edited January 8

o [filtered], i didn't know this was the ktera forums!!! forgive me... korean overlords.....

"going into an MMO with a solo-player game mentality"

Actually the solo-player mentality is what has driven people to read guides and look at videos. You already say it, is an MMO yet when you want to run a dungeon for the first time or you ask about something in the game is what people will tell you "read a guide, look a video....", where are you leaving the MMO in all that if you already kill in in the first step?

The way you decribe it is no more diferent than a bunch of solo players doing things like a robot, so much for a MMO right?
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭

"going into an MMO with a solo-player game mentality"

Actually the solo-player mentality is what has driven people to read guides. You already say it, is an MMO yet when you want to run a dungeon for the dirst time or you ask about something in the game is what people will tell you "read a guide, look a video....", where are you leaving the MMO in al that if you already kill in in the first step?

i know what i said, fool. ktera players don't have no solo-player mentality, when they tackle a new dungeon for the first time they're all new, they're all learning, and they all wanna pull their weight. they're all on equal footing which is the entire point of what i said. if you're in a party and they know the dungeon and you don't you aren't all on equal footing, you're dragging them down.

"actually" nope, wrong, watching videos is what i did because i KNEW i was going to be playing with other, real people and i didn't want to let them down. group mentality. people tell you read guides right off the bat cause many dungeons are Lengthy to sit there and type out everything about them, no one wants to do that. but if you ask specific questions that show you know the idea but maybe not the details (i.e. "hey i know flowers spawn in RG, which ones should we hit?") people will 9 times out of 10 answer your question directly.

anyway, tired now. i said what i said and i'm good with it, ya'll have fun dragging your parties down into oblivion with you, i guess.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭

*Your opinion is wrong, it's trash, and you should always think the way I said you should. Now go read all the guides to those hard/extreme mode dungeons that you don't want to do but I said you should otherwise you're a filthy casual.

@CornishRex and @Lyanni , just to clear things up, that's just as I see the thing, the way I have fun or not, I'm obviously not against people doing it, I'm against forcing it or this being the only way you can enter a dungeon. Whenever I want to enter a very hard dungeon that the team can't just explain mechanics on text, I do go check some guide/clear. And still, even if I did it, I really do learning runs, OR I enter the dungeon already saying LOUD AND CLEAR that I don't know the dungeon, so if they're not OK with a newcomer and teaching it, no hard feels, kick as you please. And it happens sometimes, heck I say it's my 2nd, 3rd or so run if I'm not 100% confident on it. It's just sad that the game itself won't do any other way of learning the dungeon than "trial and error" (Koreans gotta do this way) or "do the homework". I prefer the 1st method and like you two said, yeah I do enter learning runs or scream it at start so people know exactly what to expect. MANY people are 100% OK with it or just saying what I need and easy peasy go and try.

@Ardire honestly, your reply was downright funny. I mean you blew up because I don't like guides! I have no idea where did you take it that we are making others NOT read them or so, ultimately you did say it in your own comment it's OUR point of view? How come opinion on what's fun and what's not is wrong? Seriously, this was funny to be fair.

Some people need to take chill pills before their keyboards end with broken keys
  • edited January 9
    Others have said it in this thread, but a Customer Support ticket is the way to go here. Include any screenshots you took. The player will be investigated, logs checked, and appropriate action taken depending on how severe the case and whether or not they have prior warnings.

For what it's worth, I'm really sorry that you ran into such jerky attitude in-game. All online games have rude people. You can't control what people say or think, and the hope is always that the negative ones are the minority and don't reflect the entire community. That doesn't help much, I know. There are awesome people in TERA and I like to believe that that awesomeness far outweighs the inappropriate or rude.

Remember that in the case of actual harassment, it's important to speak up! I'm talking about racism, sexism, bigotry, threats, etc... Those are times when support tickets are most important. Players who exhibit that kind of behavior have no place in TERA.

Also, thank you for scrubbing these screenshots of other player names and focusing on the topic of community toxicity vs. being angry at a single person. Callouts aren't allowed in the forums partly because we don't want a witch hunt here.
  • kerberospandekerberospande ✭✭
    edited January 9
    you loser time not shearch

• no matter if you expect people to read guides or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to talk to people, and many people in game and on forums like to do it the wrong way. people shouldn't have to look up in other places other than tera itself to learn how to play tera. also it only takes a day or so running solo to get to level 65, so many don't have the experience to run endgame dungeons. even if they mess up, still be respectful to them. if they are being a troll or a [filtered] , then kick them. people not playing your way or dressed in the same costume or mount that you have isn't an excuse for cursing at someone. be nice to each other. games are supposed to be for fun.
  • Y’all toxic Asf. Coming from a Vet I’m sorry you had to Experience that @OP. If you're ever on MT I’m always happy to help :)

Chae.bu
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    I wrote a super on point answer to this and it got eaten by the spam filter. Any way you guys can restore it.. if not I guess whatever like always
    -______-!

I think is time to do something about that spam filter.. like removing it because people double and triple post regardless of it.

*I know this is kind of off-topic, sorry about that but it was relevant cause my post got eaten after trying to edit ONCE on this thread*
    edited January 9
    i know what i said, fool. ktera players don't have no solo-player mentality, when they tackle a new dungeon for the first time they're all new, they're all learning, and they all wanna pull their weight. they're all on equal footing which is the entire point of what i said. if you're in a party and they know the dungeon and you don't you aren't all on equal footing, you're dragging them down.

"actually" nope, wrong, watching videos is what i did because i KNEW i was going to be playing with other, real people and i didn't want to let them down. group mentality. people tell you read guides right off the bat cause many dungeons are Lengthy to sit there and type out everything about them, no one wants to do that. but if you ask specific questions that show you know the idea but maybe not the details (i.e. "hey i know flowers spawn in RG, which ones should we hit?") people will 9 times out of 10 answer your question directly.

anyway, tired now. i said what i said and i'm good with it, ya'll have fun dragging your parties down into oblivion with you, i guess.

You clearly are confusing a PC game with an school test or a job activity.

And I didn't mentioned K-Tera, I obviously implied that you wont be able to do anything by your own means if you don't have a manual and video of how to do it, even the basic things on whatever game you can think of.

Instance Matching is first introduced in the game for players level 20 as their option to run dungeons with other players.

There are no rules about what you are talking so you are the one trying to force your standars on other players that are not doing anything wrong yet you are pissed because they don't meet your standars.

Have you read the tittle of the thread? Pretty much you are proving the point of the OP in this very thread and post.

The only things players need to follow are the Terms of Service and the Rules of Conduct. If you want to force your own standars on dungeon parties you can always ddo your own LFG or run with guild mates. It's a MMO after all, isn't?

OMG, the thread talks about an experience from a 2 star dungeons and you expect fresh level 65 players do the same stuff "the smallest" portion of the comunity do? I may expect that people in a LFG or a guild impose rules about knowledge of the game to join them but not on instance matching that is the thing these poor new players keep doing since level 20 just to get the love from others that can't stand they can't play like a veteran with hundred of games on each dungeon.

If I have to add something, that dungeon should not pose a treat for those who are flamming the OP yet they decided to harrass him, I have seen this particular behaviour from some end-game players with full BiS and instead to just chill and let the dungeon end they start flame wars agaisnt fresh level 65 players because they don't meet their standars. That's the toxic behaviour the OP is talking about and that kind of attitude is something most publishers from many games despise and try to correct. You won't see publishers banning players for being bad but you will see publishers banning players for their toxic behaviours.

Riot once banned a player for not doing things as their team mates wanted and after that you clearly see what happened after that, Riot had to accept the unskilled and antimeta players and continue to impose bans at those who harrass them. Because the first two (unskilled and antimeta players) are not breaking the rules yet the ones being toxic and harrassing them did break the rules.

Maybe Tera need ban hammers like Riot does. I am pretty sure most of those toxic players incite other players to leave the game after all so it would not be a great lose, if anything getting rid of people that make you lose players is the best way of action.

@CandyMomoko maybe here http://www.teradevtracker.com/archive/?filter=mod