[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

[New]Beginning in Tera~

pxsmt2v.gif
Hello everybody
Im new to Tera as of 1/9/18 and so far I have so many questions for the veterans of the community but I wanna take it slow and first Introduce myself. Im Shyira otherwise Im ok with being called either Shyly,MamaShy,KittyWitty, or LittleSnow since these are names I normally use on Discord,In-game , or for social sites. Im mostly into PvE but I dont mind doing PvP for fun so long as I have some people that are willing to sit down and have a chat with me on how to do better with my class or tips and tricks on improving my playstyle. Im mainly quiet most of the time but Im ok with having a long chat with people along with other different forms of Interaction like RP, but just to be on the safe side I think I'll wait until Im abit caught up in the game and know alot more. First order of business I'd like to receive "Class Recommendations" mainly because Im curious on what the community has to offer as far as class suggestions go and I might need guides on the ones that you choose , because I'd like to see/hear your personal experience or your general outlook on the class you chose. Second thing that I would like to have is a "Guild" or "Alliance" (Im not sure which it is for tera qq) thats mainly ok with taking in new blood and teaching/bringing them up to speed , but overall I would like to join a guild with a discord and thats willing to help the best they can. Well thats about it for my Introduction thread/discussion, sorry if my english is kinda horrid to read ( I mainly prefer typing in Korean or Japanese but I'll speak English mostly to keep it easy to read)

pxsmt2v.gif

Comments

• CornishRex wrote: »
    Hello, welcome to the game!
    As far as class goes you can play anything you like really, if you have any specific traits you like (support, offensive, healing, quick combat) you can list them and it will be easier to recommend you stuff as this game has some variety in what to offer due to the holy trinity system.
    Essential mana is a great player made site with all kinds of guides to offer, I really recommend reading up when you have questions about leveling guides, classes, dungeons, it has a lot of useful info!

Ahhh my bad I forgot to add what class type Im looking for , but mostly Offensive or Support(Melee) since normally dont play melee classes and might be fun here.
  • SoyKupoSoyKupo ✭✭✭
    Before anyone mentions what Dps class to try, what is your ping in game as this can effect what class you play.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mentioned knowing Japanese and Korean, in the case of the former, the Japanese version of the game is about same as we get here in therms of update speed/patches, but the later, you may want to give a shot to the Korean version of the game if you're close by geographically to South Korea. I don't know if you need a Korean IP and registered ID to do it, but if it's not a lot of trouble you can check that out. Reason for this being that they get the patches all 1st before us, and their balancing is (at least should be) better than ours because of the talents system, tho I don't know how good that is for a newcomer there.

In therms of class, I do recommend starting with a DPS - so a damage dealing - class 1st, so you can see somehow the way the others operate a bit before dropping right into the tanker and healer responsibilities, in this regard seems like you're fine as you do want exactly that.

Valkyrie is the newest class and the most powerful right now, it's Castanic locked, and I don't think it suffers terribly from high ping (could be wrong but not that I know of), Gunner is the new shiny toy in the box because of Elin Gunners, I like the class, it's a ranged one tho so it's different from Valkyrie in that sense (valk. being melee). If you have high ping avoid Archers, they suffer a lot from it in DPS output, tho if you don't care much about the numbers (and team up with who doesn't as well) then you can give it a shot.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    You mentioned knowing Japanese and Korean, in the case of the former, the Japanese version of the game is about same as we get here in therms of update speed/patches, but the later, you may want to give a shot to the Korean version of the game if you're close by geographically to South Korea. I don't know if you need a Korean IP and registered ID to do it, but if it's not a lot of trouble you can check that out. Reason for this being that they get the patches all 1st before us, and their balancing is (at least should be) better than ours because of the talents system, tho I don't know how good that is for a newcomer there.

In therms of class, I do recommend starting with a DPS - so a damage dealing - class 1st, so you can see somehow the way the others operate a bit before dropping right into the tanker and healer responsibilities, in this regard seems like you're fine as you do want exactly that.

Valkyrie is the newest class and the most powerful right now, it's Castanic locked, and I don't think it suffers terribly from high ping (could be wrong but not that I know of), Gunner is the new shiny toy in the box because of Elin Gunners, I like the class, it's a ranged one tho so it's different from Valkyrie in that sense (valk. being melee). If you have high ping avoid Archers, they suffer a lot from it in DPS output, tho if you don't care much about the numbers (and team up with who doesn't as well) then you can give it a shot.

Ahhh I already know of that (regarding the KR server suggestion) but I wanna play in the NA server since the people that recommended Tera to me are in the US aswell (I moved here about a few months ago) so I'll stick to the NA server for now. Ahh I had a feeling you would suggest those classes but honestly even though they're new I wanna start from the bottom and work to the top with one of the original classes(Warrior, Lancer, Slayer , Archer , Priest , Mystic) then when I make a 3rd or 4th character I'll try the newer classes(Brawler , Valkyrie , Gunner) Im weird when it comes to class selection. Overall thank you for the suggestions~

Also regarding my ping , I have about 12 ms normally at home and about 21-25 ms during bad weather.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    SillyKitty wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »

Ahhh I already know of that (regarding the KR server suggestion) but I wanna play in the NA server since the people that recommended Tera to me are in the US aswell (I moved here about a few months ago) so I'll stick to the NA server for now. Ahh I had a feeling you would suggest those classes but honestly even though they're new I wanna start from the bottom and work to the top with one of the original classes(Warrior, Lancer, Slayer , Archer , Priest , Mystic) then when I make a 3rd or 4th character I'll try the newer classes(Brawler , Valkyrie , Gunner) Im weird when it comes to class selection. Overall thank you for the suggestions~

Also regarding my ping , I have about 12 ms normally at home and about 21-25 ms during bad weather.

With such an amazingly low ping, Warrior would be the best choice if you want a fast paced class. Slayer could be fun and all but damage output is LOW recently, if you don't mind that tho you could give it a shot. Berserker is charge based so it's the slowest of those 3 but does decent damage too.

Overall I do recommend trying out Warrior, it's quite easy to get by with it, but HARD to master tho, along the vanilla classes, no idea which one would be the easiest to learn things, Warrior is a lot easier in the aspect that it has a lot of I-frames so you can learn how to avoid stuff better (less error by waiting cooldowns).

With such an amazingly low ping, Warrior would be the best choice if you want a fast paced class. Slayer could be fun and all but damage output is LOW recently, if you don't mind that tho you could give it a shot. Berserker is charge based so it's the slowest of those 3 but does decent damage too.

Overall I do recommend trying out Warrior, it's quite easy to get by with it, but HARD to master tho, along the vanilla classes, no idea which one would be the easiest to learn things, Warrior is a lot easier in the aspect that it has a lot of I-frames so you can learn how to avoid stuff better (less error by waiting cooldowns).

Ahhh then I'll try Warrior first and then try Slayer~
    Any guild you recommend doe?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one thing I can't say. 1st because it's server dependent (in which case you'll want to go to your friend's server, and I recommend their guild if that's possible/if they're in any), and 2nd because I don't belong to any guild recently. They change a lot, some get big and die quickly, others stay for very long with same players, depends heavily on each member there.

Definitely check which server your friends play and go there, they may have better recommendations for guilds.

That's one thing I can't say. 1st because it's server dependent (in which case you'll want to go to your friend's server, and I recommend their guild if that's possible/if they're in any), and 2nd because I don't belong to any guild recently. They change a lot, some get big and die quickly, others stay for very long with same players, depends heavily on each member there.

Definitely check which server your friends play and go there, they may have better recommendations for guilds.

Ok ty for the help~~
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

Slayer is easier to play than warrior but is boring in the leveling progress, it will get really fun after you get level 60-65.

Warrior is one of the most complete dps classes and one of the most complex.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Slayer is easier to play than warrior but is boring in the leveling progress, it will get really fun after you get level 60-65.

Warrior is one of the most complete dps classes and one of the most complex.

Ahhh I see but I guess with it being complex I'll have more fun learning it from the beginning