Is there a decent guide for mystic this patch?

Curios if my mystic could be a better healer this time around. Wanted to look at a guide that isn't 2 years old.

Comments

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mystic's been in a good place for like... a year and a half now. Maybe two years? Time flies.
    Bluehole Studios has dumbed the class down in a major way though. You won't need a guide. Just use thrall of protection (glyphed for endurance) before the fight starts and put vow on the tank and 1 other person. During the fight keep up your endurance debuff and save contagion for enrage/burn phases. Use the crit and mana aura. If you die don't forget to turn them back on. Use corruption ring if your party needs it. Do these simple things and congratulations you're better than like 80% of pug mystics I meet in pve.
  • sonic101mk2sonic101mk2 ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    yeah I've found the basics are still there, im more interested in the min/max of stat builds, I kind of did a crit build but I'm wondering if i should reduce some of that crit factor down(currently have 35+236 CF before auras} and should put it more in to increased heals, but i do like the ability to help with the dps if people aren't getting their butts handed to them once in a while. Kind of want a decent all around build, so i can provide great support but also chip in when dps is a little low but the group is doing their part by dodging and blocking etc.
  • i just followed the essential mana guide and went with it. Though I'm thinking I should probably just dump that crit into heals. the current set up was working fine in the mid tear dungeons but it simply doesn't heal enough to keep people alive once i hit Kalivans dreadnaught. That or pugs are just terrible.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xN-Dt0Rm0BKo6Ll-T-JLyzFfE4ia-WLfKcIX705kSjw

Here, it's still mostly a work in progress, but here's a more up to date guide I suppose. It's mostly just number changes.

The only non negligible DPS you would be able to in a party setting is if you had a full dps set. There's really no inbetween.
  • essentialmana there ya go also isnt mystic suppost to be really really hard to play now
  • then i will have to bite my sisters bf
  • i still cant believe that so many of what make Mystic a "support" healer is still left unused. Why is there no kind of DPS modifier buff for the group when we pull out vengence for a burn, but theres a defense buff from protection? (yes, buffing endurance is a defense move) why are all the other auras completely and utterly useless? When I play my priest almost every single one of her buffs and skills are used. 90% of mystics skills are useless. I've just never played a "support" class where everything about them was useless except for 2 buffs (auras are buffs) and their ability to heal.
    Anyway. just a class rant, i love mystic i think they are a lot of fun to play, i just wish their skills were more widely used instead of having just a few that are viable.
  • ShealeeShealee
    edited January 10
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Shealee wrote: »
    i still cant believe that so many of what make Mystic a "support" healer is still left unused. Why is there no kind of DPS modifier buff for the group when we pull out vengence for a burn, but theres a defense buff from protection? (yes, buffing endurance is a defense move) why are all the other auras completely and utterly useless? When I play my priest almost every single one of her buffs and skills are used. 90% of mystics skills are useless. I've just never played a "support" class where everything about them was useless except for 2 buffs (auras are buffs) and their ability to heal.
    Anyway. just a class rant, i love mystic i think they are a lot of fun to play, i just wish their skills were more widely used instead of having just a few that are viable.

Most of the cc skills are meant for pvp and 50% of their auras are useful so idk.
    Their buffs strongly outshine priests buffs too.

50% arent useful, thats my point. Not to mention that even from day one it's been my position that the two healers in this game should never have been put in a position to compete. they should both heal, but offer buffs and support opposite each other. "Mystic has this so priest should too" Priest has this so Mystic should too" I dont get it. many other games have had multiple healers and have also had them balanced to do things for a group or raid that the others dont, each bringing something specific for the rolethey play. I don't get why that's so hard to achieve here.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭
    edited January 22
    Shealee wrote: »
    i still cant believe that so many of what make Mystic a "support" healer is still left unused. Why is there no kind of DPS modifier buff for the group when we pull out vengence for a burn, but theres a defense buff from protection? (yes, buffing endurance is a defense move) why are all the other auras completely and utterly useless? When I play my priest almost every single one of her buffs and skills are used. 90% of mystics skills are useless. I've just never played a "support" class where everything about them was useless except for 2 buffs (auras are buffs) and their ability to heal.

Fear not friend, Awakening will provide a power buff when you summon ToV and a crit power buff when you summon ToW. But like every other class Mystics suffer from having useless abilities shrug.

Until Awakening though, Mystic play is basically same as before. Only thing you really need for this patch would be indepth tricks for the current dungeons.
  • FonzyFonzy ✭✭
    edited January 24
    PVE rolls are the same as usual for armor and weapon, as for jewelry go endurance on rings 4/2, and hp/endurance 4/4 on earrings. You dont really need to waste any roll on crit since it will always be rng and mystics heals are really op at this point (even non crit). That said, you don't need healing rolls either. Endurance inner is pretty good if no flat mechanics (there is no flat mechanics rk-em wise, so if you feel like you have enough hp, endurance is a good shot). you can always inspect some good mystic you've seen around (but do not fool yourself, lots of those op geared mystics suck and don't have a [filtered] clue about what they're doing - dont take anyone as base, just try and check out whats the common sense for gearing among mystics).
    gotta have in mind that healer's job is supporting, not essentially healing. so, said that:
    As for playing, Essential mana's guide is fine for basics, since zephya wrote that guide a long time ago.
    first step, like Zephya says on her guide, do not die. Though said that, it brings the fact that you'll only be able not to die if you know what you're doing (the class and the dungeon mechanics) so, furthermore, learning the mechanics is extremely essential, watch videos, read guides if you need, do not go raw into dungeons, remember you're supposed to carry people, not the other way around. Cleared that; The most important thing as a healer, specially mystic since you only have one iframe, is to pay attention to what is actually happening. People joke around saying mystic is afk bot because the class is easy af now but hey, don't be one of those mystics. they suck, trust me. You want to be as fast and precise as you can, that way you'll be great. greatest even. get people up fast, make sure your debuff is always up, check out people's mp bar if they need mana, tip if you're running with a lancer: 1 hit cr and then go a bit far away from the rest of the party and give cr's infusion all to the lancer. if you're running with sorcs, try and keep spamming cr every time its off cd, specially during burns/enrage time. Drop around some motes for your self heal, try to take advantage of your thrall of life every time you need a cleanse, so you keep your brooch off cd for more crucial situations. keep totem off cd for special mechanics like rknm 2nd boss during ball/laser mechanic (bc of the totem's shield enough geared players can eat the damage and not die, same with kaia's shield). lockon as soon as possible for bleeding or stun mechanics etc. lockon is stupidly fast now, so that should be easy if you're payin attention.
    U should also pay attention to your positioning, thats very important. take advantage of the fact that lockon distance is op af now as well and stay a bit far, always out of combat, but still supporting your party, that means you'll use your cr off cd whenever it's safe etc. again: you'll know it if you're paying attention. and for some mechanics its also very important, like the ress bait mechanics - you do not want to bait ress at the sides and turn the boss around, it sucks for the tank to maintain aggro and reposition it again, and you'll [filtered] up with your party's dps, which means you'll no longer be supporting but only [filtered] up. so whenever you're going to bait ress, do it behind the tank, in a safe distance enough for you not to get hit by the boss.
    last thing is, even if you're not running a tryhard/parse run, use noctenium whenever you're going to cast contagion (remember to always use it on first enrage then skip 1 if your party's dps is good, ex. 1st and 3rd enrages and so on. if your party's dps isn't good, just cast contagion whenever its off cd) if you're running a parse run, make sure to have noctenium on all the fight cuz it speeds up a lot of skills, specially ress, so you'll ress people a lot faster furthermore guarantee that your party mates do not lose dps.
    anyway, have fun playing mystic! hope you do great :)