There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (7/19) from 8 - 11 A.M. PDT

Remove WBAM lv68

Comments

• i have a feeling they can do more than what you
    asusm5 wrote: »
    people use for kill this wbam . drop items for stormcry . diamond . etching IV box . they just stay afk and get a notificacion of channel and location when boss respanw -
    Tempest Kanash (Fyrmount)
    Divine Reaver (Serpentis Isle)
    Nyxarras (Sienna Canyon)
    Linyphi (Vale of Spires)
    Yunaras Snaggletooth (Plain of the Damned)
    Betsael (Amena Quatla)

You're being pretty hopeful if you think that the mod is capable of doing that. The only thing it can do is tell if you a WBAM is loaded in your client. You'd have to be in the same channel and vicinity of the boss for it even say anything. Essentially the same if you were to have a secondary monitor with tera on it and afk while doing other stuff. Any dev can go on github and easily verify that

i think they can do more than you think or are using something else, It's pretty amazing how people find these Bosses and other BAMs during events so fast without seeming to look for them at all.

I can tell you that, I have a google doc which notifies me when it has surpassed a certain amount of time which is the earliest time for the wbam to spawn. However, it is not a hack and it is nothing unethical.

So if you find it unfair that people have advantage over you, kill a wbam and save the time you killed it to have the advantage over everyone else. That's pretty much how the monopoly works.

• LizzuLizzu ✭✭
    edited January 10
    As long as you have the time and channel of when the last worldbam died you can predict the next spawn, as they're on a 6hr spawn I think? (Not 100% sure on the hour timing)
  • Lizzu wrote: »
    As long as you have the time and channel of when the last worldbam died you can predict the next spawn, as they're on a 6hr spawn I think? (Not 100% sure on the hour timing)

It's too late for first spawn appearance.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭
    edited January 10
    Thomastic wrote: »
    i have a feeling they can do more than what you
    people use for kill this wbam . drop items for stormcry . diamond . etching IV box . they just stay afk and get a notificacion of channel and location when boss respanw -
    Nyxarras (Sienna Canyon)
    Linyphi (Vale of Spires)
    Betsael (Amena Quatla)

You're being pretty hopeful if you think that the mod is capable of doing that. The only thing it can do is tell if you a WBAM is loaded in your client. You'd have to be in the same channel and vicinity of the boss for it even say anything. Essentially the same if you were to have a secondary monitor with tera on it and afk while doing other stuff. Any dev can go on github and easily verify that

i think they can do more than you think or are using something else, It's pretty amazing how people find these Bosses and other BAMs during events so fast without seeming to look for them at all.

I can tell you that, I have a google doc which notifies me when it has surpassed a certain amount of time which is the earliest time for the wbam to spawn. However, it is not a hack and it is nothing unethical.

So if you find it unfair that people have advantage over you, kill a wbam and save the time you killed it to have the advantage over everyone else. That's pretty much how the monopoly works.

Google Docs are third party how very unethical of you :^)

But yea, I still find the loot WBs just fine .-. Yay more complaints and over-exaggeration about exploits, better just remove the game.
  • Partyblast wrote: »
    Nyxarras (Sienna Canyon)
    Linyphi (Vale of Spires)
    Betsael (Amena Quatla)

But yea, I still find the loot WBs just fine .-. Yay more complaints and over-exaggeration about exploits, better just remove the game.

It's actually not that hard to put bot accs to log spawns but whatever i guess :s (besides knowing already the spawn intervals). In EU at least you might get banned for doing that :sweat:
  • drkmoscdrkmosc ✭✭
    edited January 10
    CornishRex wrote: »
    drkmosc wrote: »
    Partyblast wrote: »
    Nyxarras (Sienna Canyon)
    Linyphi (Vale of Spires)
    Betsael (Amena Quatla)

It's actually not that hard to put bot accs to log spawns but whatever i guess :s (besides knowing already the spawn intervals). In EU at least you might get banned for doing that :sweat:

I've actually seen a couple of bots standing in wboss areas :sweat_smile:
    So yeah the mod is actually the least useful way of hunting for them since it only alerts when the boss loads into the client.

Yeah, it's useless when you can automately trigger a tp to the bam cords :smile: good bots are hid under the terrain btw :sweat_smile:

Idk why u guys want to make it seem like there's not an issue, there is as how it is with many other things, i'm not blaming proxy though, and it's not the only way to do it, but the tools exists.
  • drkmoscdrkmosc ✭✭
    edited January 10
    CornishRex wrote: »
    drkmosc wrote: »
    Partyblast wrote: »
    Nyxarras (Sienna Canyon)
    Linyphi (Vale of Spires)
    Betsael (Amena Quatla)

I've actually seen a couple of bots standing in wboss areas :sweat_smile:
    So yeah the mod is actually the least useful way of hunting for them since it only alerts when the boss loads into the client.

Well since my post got deleted for being a little too sensitive i guess i'm just gonna say, the tools exists, i'm not blaming proxy but there's more than you think you can do, and there's no reason to not see it as an issue, i don't understand why it shouldn't be.

In EU they're banning people for that. EME is probably doing the same but keeping it quiet which is fine but doesn't invalidate the concern and that ultimately BHS has to address.
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    Ray676 wrote: »
    it's simple. ban everyone who uses injector/proxy. notroll.

That would kill off over half of the current tera population XD they already did a witch hunt early in 2017 and lost a lot of players because of that.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »

That would kill off over half of the current tera population XD they already did a witch hunt early in 2017 and lost a lot of players because of that.

lost a lot of players

Yeah man. Let it go. That meme is dead for half a year already. I know the whole 3rd party "witch hunt". They banned 2~3 creators of those tools and then scared people off. Banned some others who blatantly challenged En Masse and done.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »

lost a lot of players

Yeah man. Let it go. That meme is dead for half a year already. I know the whole 3rd party "witch hunt". They banned 2~3 creators of those tools and then scared people off. Banned some others who blatantly challenged En Masse and done.

This. The players chose to quit because they KNEW they were doing wrong.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »

more like they quit because the experience of playing this game without the proxy is incredibly mediocre because of all the bugs and ping related issues lmao, i feel like theres a problem with your game if people can't fully enjoy it without resorting to third party programs but the devs don't really care

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakusan wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »

more like they quit because the experience of playing this game without the proxy is incredibly mediocre because of all the bugs and ping related issues lmao, i feel like theres a problem with your game if people can't fully enjoy it without resorting to third party programs but the devs don't really care

I know many players with more than 200 ms and don't use 3rd party software and enjoy the game.

Players and 3rd party software devs always will find excuses to justify their shady bussiness.
  • ArnetraArnetra ✭✭✭
    No point in removing them, as others have said even with an injector you need to be close enough that your client would get word from the servers to load the WBAM, pretty sure you need to be close enough that you'd have to move between spots anyway, it may cover an entire channel for Divine Reaver because those spawns are so close, but even then you're just saving yourself the trouble of moving back and forth every so often if you're camping that.

The only way you really control WBs is searching constantly over a several hours to get the timers, and I don't think it's necessarily hard for anyone to do that if they have time, and with a decent class and gear you will be able to get most of them for yourself as you do it. If you know how the bam timers work, you'll know that at any given time usually only about 4 or 5 bams are able to spawn (provided there wasn't a reset recently), so getting all timers and being able to search every possible spot in ~5m, is orders of magnitude better for hunting than having an injector module but still having to search all spots. Get 10+ timers and you can usually get every WB in a group of 2 or as a tank, and get the vast majority of them solo if you're geared enough.
  • I play with 120-140 ping normally and sometimes up to 200ms (more than that becomes a bit impossible for me), and i dont use any of those 3rd party softwares and do just fine.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Yakusan wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »

I know many players with more than 200 ms and don't use 3rd party software and enjoy the game.

Players and 3rd party software devs always will find excuses to justify their shady bussiness.

I play since 2014 with 180ms ping and OH MY GOD! I can't do maximum possible damage on classes!! Must find a loophole somewhere...

Yeah, no I don't need that crap either and have been playing all fine and dandy. I do agree ping dependency is an issue that has to be dealt with, but using this as a justification for 3rd party tools as if "you can't play without" is just stretching it.

And the fun fact is: they always say the EXACT SAME WORDS, the exact same stupid "disable your proxy and 3rd party tools cheater" meme to ridicule anyone against their use, the exact same "you cannot enjoy the game without it" when countered, and the exact same explanations of what they do and how they're harmless and with nothing but some teeny tiny code on client side, they fix PERFECTLY the entire ping dependency, with no desync, not a single issue.