What is being done about proxy EME?

Can we get some info don't have to be details as if something is being done about proxy it a simple yes were working on blocking it or what ever words.

Comments

• CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Well... this happened on 1/9/18, Tuesday:

https://imgur.com/a/xIqDS

They said they disabled that feature... so I guess they lied about shutting it off, or they lied about their ability to shut it off. Either way...

• DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 11
    Melyodis wrote: »
    Can we get some info don't have to be details as if something is being done about proxy it a simple yes were working on blocking it or what ever words.

Do you live in Chicago? Do you got 20-30 ms ping?
    Nice for you!
    Maybe you should ask if everyone got 30 ms ping too?

I rly think they should ban pr0xy and every ip outside of Chicago, so you guys can enjoy a "fair" game with max 50-100 players!!
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    People still have leftover megaphones in their invs from back when you used to be able to obtain them. The feature itself isn't disabled.

That is not what they said when chat was disabled, and it is not what spacecats said just the other day:
    Spacecats wrote: »
    btw this is the same reason we never allow players to use the megaphone.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    Well eme can check a players logs to know if they are hacking but still that ain't enough and why they keep making new stuff instead of fixing their game awakening is coming when they should have been fixing the game why is that so? unless the game is perfect because of the internet speed in Korea i wonder!
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    If BHS just made a built-in lag compensation like what proxy does that would make proxy useless. Problem solved.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    @Lapomko nice idea i wonder if they got this idea i they would run with it it can be an option toggle if not needed @eme staff good idea. idk
  • VunakVunak ✭✭✭
    Lapomko wrote: »
    If BHS just made a built-in lag compensation like what proxy does that would make proxy useless. Problem solved.

Korea is small they wont do it because they don't see any issues like this over there.

If you have a large ping then do what everyone else does with a large ping and get used to it or move. Using a proxy doesn't just "lower ping", the people that say that are fooling themselves. It wouldn't make Proxy useless, people would still use them for the other things it allows you to do.

People that use Proxy are a plague, especially in PvP.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Until BHS fixes things like Ping tax on skills, Desyncing (you know stuff where someone is using skills and teleports across the place once they're done), lag and other stuff (Like some QoL stuff like Auto turn in vanguards, auto lockons that make lockons skills USEABLE for higher ping players etc) that Proxy (The good, innocent users) fixes, it will never be gone.

Every patch that was meant to "fix" it, is reversed within a few hours to a day.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    just think how laggy the game will be when the awaken class skills come out here
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    modules that allowed them to do things you couldn't do normally.
    Like what? Playing on low ping like blessed-born in Chicago?

• By the way, if someone doubts the issue with ping, you can try yourself it by downloading EUTera. The +100ms you get is definitely noticeable and inconvenient.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    The low key ads for a 3rd party program that is against the rules in this are interesting.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    Well... this happened on 1/9/18, Tuesday:

https://imgur.com/a/xIqDS

They said they disabled that feature... so I guess they lied about shutting it off, or they lied about their ability to shut it off. Either way...

People still have leftover megaphones in their invs from back when you used to be able to obtain them. The feature itself isn't disabled.

Looking into the megaphone thing and will pass this on to the TERA team.

As for 3rd party programs, I've removed quite a bit of content from this thread that promotes and informs others about the use of 3rd party programs because that violates the forum rules (and using 3rd party programs violates the Terms of Service).

I've also removed some content spreading misinformation about proxies and how we deal with them as a company. We're well aware here at EME that people still use the proxy tool and packet injection modules for that tool. Players that use them are banned (to address the OP, THAT is one of the things we're doing about it). Some are banned quicker than others. If you see questionable activity, please report it by taking a screenshot and including it in a customer support ticket.
This discussion has been closed.