Remember Kyra's Catalyst Boxes ?

2»

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Ardire wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Saying we can't have it anymore because of exploits is silly because literally everything in this game can be exploited, should we remove dungeons too? Because of memeslash? Just ridiculous.

time to delete the entire game. too many exploits.
    except the cash shop, that can stay.

And the dress room, the dress room can stay also, so we can use the cash shop items.

Wait, are you telling me there's something else to the game than dress up?
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    wonder with Feb 14th just around the corner if we could convince BHS and EME to do .....
    fat and tiny cupid's :p
    they seem to be in to cutesy things these days :o
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    tisnotme wrote: »
    wonder with Feb 14th just around the corner if we could convince BHS and EME to do .....
    fat and tiny cupid's :p
    they seem to be in to cutesy things these days :o

Dress the bosses like cupids, with suggar spoon wings, normal angel halo and everyone dressed in elin chamber maid costume.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 ✭✭✭
    This game needs more cute elin <3 not events j/k
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭
    edited January 13
    > @counterpoint said:
    >
    >
    >
    > As if I have any ability to "work to fix it." There are a lot of things I would fix if I could. I'm just trying to let people know what I understand the underlying issue with this is so there's no big mystery.

But sounds like you just trying to distract people's attention from regret about really good times. We know this all because you said many time in different threads. This thread was for us, players to remember something pleasant. Can we continue pls without remembering how bad and exploitable it was yes? Thanks.

p.s. And i didnt write that you personally must fix it. That reply against eme's way of working with Tera - slowly, not impressive, not punctual with too many delays and excuses.

about 14. I d like rly an event for that but looking back at Xmas events im nit sure we will get something besides sale. Dont hope a lot guys.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    papy10k wrote: »
    Remember they were in the open world, man that was (for me) best event EVER.
    x1Nb5Hl.png

it was before spacecat is our current cm B)
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    x1Nb5Hl.png

was it? I remember open world Kyras boxes during Spacecats era.
    Also there's Mongos which is at least somewhat similar that was also during his time (so since he came till today).
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    i am sure OP made this screenshot in 2015 :)
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    x1Nb5Hl.png

You're right (although the Kyra's event with Blue Boxes happened in February 2016), but the decision to not have them again had nothing to do with Spacecats at all. It was because EME discovered after that event that people found ways to accumulate way more than they ever imagined and were hoarding them (hoping for better prizes the next time). It was why the next one had worse rewards and also wiped all catalysts out. (And was when they really pulled back on doing these sorts of open world box events at all.)

• tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭

maybe so but we have had them since !
  • vkobe wrote: »

i took it from google images
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    to be honest i did not know people exploited this event by teleporting and [filtered], sad. no wonder why the game is lacking content.

Teleport exploits should've been fixed though. It's detectable by the server now because the client now needs servers response to teleport you for long distances now, unlike before. Which makes this detectable.
    Coupled with the way the boxes spawn which was changed as well most of the box related exploits have been fixed. People used to be able to go under maps through mountains and stuff and get the boxes that spawned underground, however boxes now despawn after a certain amount of time and because of that they won't be plentiful under terrain.
    I say most exploits because I'm not aware if any other existed at all. And if they did, they're not widespread enough in the community for it to be harmful.
    I really like the box event because all levels can participate in it and it's really fun and relaxing to do while waiting for queue/inbetween daily boring grind. Saying we can't have it anymore because of exploits is silly because literally everything in this game can be exploited, should we remove dungeons too? Because of memeslash? Just ridiculous.

Not sure if you are beeing serious or not, cause nothing AT ALL has been fixed.
  • FirepenguinFirepenguin ✭✭✭
    edited January 14
    But an event like this that anyone can do in their free time will ruin the economy... better make the kyra boxes drop from wb's that spawn once or twice a day where the whole server is hunting it, have it last for a week, and in the last day spawn 1hit mobs for 15 min with only an in game announcement that drop twice as much as you gathered in that 1 week. Either that or 7 days costumes, it's how we do events around here now.
2»