[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Strongbox Event is P2W

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @JXE5356AKE @ouhkjlhkjgjkhgb

Oh, I see, you want keys for free without doing something at all.

As stated before, play the game, do content that gives you reward points, OP asked for keys to be part of rewards from a RKE, if you can do that dungeon then you can easily make more than 1.5k rewards points in 45 minutes each day if you focus on that.

If that is the case and seeing how you have been playing this game for more than six months (one of you more than one year) I would only say that you don't do things efficiently.

At this point you should have reached a tier enought to get decent reward points per day and per special dungeon completed.

If you are lazy to not do the content that gives you "FREE" what you are asking to get complaining there is no way to get them anymore then it is your problem alone.

You are not new players with 0 experience in the game so this is more like laziness to get the key throught a more easy way we already have, and you don't need to spent money at all for that, only playing the game.

I am Tier 9 (from grinding, unlike you, it's very obvious you never grinded for reward points) and I have gotten plenty of keys for free from the emporium. This doesn't change these facts:
    1- It's a ridiculous grind to get to tier 8+ to start making reward credits;
    2- Even then it takes weeks to accrue enough credits to buy any decent stack of keys.
    3- You can easily swipe for thousands of keys in seconds and (probably, we'll have to see the actual rates) get showered in materials coming straight from nowhere, which is harmful for the player-driven economy.

Fun fact is that I never used cash to get keys and stream codes gives you reward points and credits also, I don't even sell the goods I get from cash shop lootboxes when I buy them for costumes, in fact I have gifted materials to other players because I have never had issues with farming.

If you are Tier 9 and can't hord keys from reward credits if you really cared enought for them then why comply in the same day the strongbox event start?

It is obvious that you want keys handed to you without doing enought effort.

They are free, play smart to get them.

You're missing my point entirely. I don't want or even need the keys, I am plenty well off enough in the game, I'm just saying this event is a blatant P2W cash grab and is not good for the game or (the majority of) its players. You keep focusing on the wrong thing.

Sorry, you never said on your previous post that this event is a P2W cash grab, unless you are the same OP that made the thread then why to use an alt account to discuss in your own thread against others?

Would you feel free to explain yourself?

Alright, since you want it to be like this let me ask you this: what good does this cash grab "event" do for the game? Why are you defending it, other than for your personal benefit as a whale?

I am not defending the event, at least think what you are saying before say something.

Some people argued that there is not way to get keys for FREE, I only stated a fact that they can.

You are missing completely my point and try to make it a show for others.

Nobody argued that there are NO ways to get keys for free, just that it's far, far more convenient to pay for them, which strongly implies pay to win. Then you came in here saying you can get plenty of keys for free from the game, of course people will assume you're defending the event saying everything is fine. I'll stop replying here now, otherwise eme will have an excuse to close the thread for derailing.

Someone said this in this thread:
    The only method for F2P players to obtain these keys is through other players who have obtained them previously when the items were obtainable or through the means of their wallets

Would you be kind enought to explain what that sentence implied?
  • edited January 2018

As stated before, play the game, do content that gives you reward points, OP asked for keys to be part of rewards from a RKE, if you can do that dungeon then you can easily make more than 1.5k rewards points in 45 minutes each day if you focus on that.

If that is the case and seeing how you have been playing this game for more than six months (one of you more than one year) I would only say that you don't do things efficiently.

At this point you should have reached a tier enought to get decent reward points per day and per special dungeon completed.

If you are lazy to not do the content that gives you "FREE" what you are asking to get complaining there is no way to get them anymore then it is your problem alone.

You are not new players with 0 experience in the game so this is more like laziness to get the key throught a more easy way we already have, and you don't need to spent money at all for that, only playing the game.

I am Tier 9 (from grinding, unlike you, it's very obvious you never grinded for reward points) and I have gotten plenty of keys for free from the emporium. This doesn't change these facts:
    2- Even then it takes weeks to accrue enough credits to buy any decent stack of keys.
    3- You can easily swipe for thousands of keys in seconds and (probably, we'll have to see the actual rates) get showered in materials coming straight from nowhere, which is harmful for the player-driven economy.

Fun fact is that I never used cash to get keys and stream codes gives you reward points and credits also, I don't even sell the goods I get from cash shop lootboxes when I buy them for costumes, in fact I have gifted materials to other players because I have never had issues with farming.

If you are Tier 9 and can't hord keys from reward credits if you really cared enought for them then why comply in the same day the strongbox event start?

You're missing my point entirely. I don't want or even need the keys, I am plenty well off enough in the game, I'm just saying this event is a blatant P2W cash grab and is not good for the game or (the majority of) its players. You keep focusing on the wrong thing.

Sorry, you never said on your previous post that this event is a P2W cash grab, unless you are the same OP that made the thread then why to use an alt account to discuss in your own thread against others?

Alright, since you want it to be like this let me ask you this: what good does this cash grab "event" do for the game? Why are you defending it, other than for your personal benefit as a whale?

I am not defending the event, at least think what you are saying before say something.

Some people argued that there is not way to get keys for FREE, I only stated a fact that they can.

Nobody argued that there are NO ways to get keys for free, just that it's far, far more convenient to pay for them, which strongly implies pay to win. Then you came in here saying you can get plenty of keys for free from the game, of course people will assume you're defending the event saying everything is fine. I'll stop replying here now, otherwise eme will have an excuse to close the thread for derailing.

The only method for F2P players to obtain these keys is through other players who have obtained them previously when the items were obtainable or through the means of their wallets

F2P players previously had access to keys through sea chests, which have been removed.

Only ways to obtain keys in the current state of the game are: Elite Box, Tera Rewards Emporium, and other players. (And their wallet, obviously)
    edited January 2018
    Noobsloth wrote: »

F2P players previously had access to keys through sea chests, which have been removed.

Only ways to obtain keys in the current state of the game are: Elite Box, Tera Rewards Emporium, and other players. (And their wallet, obviously)

Are you posting with two accounts in the same thread?

Not that matters anyway, Tera Rewards Emporium is for both kind of players, those who play without spending money in the game and those who spend money in the game.

You and the other user that answer in your behalf just as you have done for him also, have been in this game for a year or more, both of you have received for free about 50k reward points and about 10k reward credits the last year, if you sum that at your progress in game I don't see any issue for you to get at least FREE 50 keys for each strongbox event that we had in the last year, maybe if your game account is as old as your forum account you should have struggled in the first strong box event last year but by now you shouldn't if you really cared for keys enought to think the best way to get them.

10k reward credits from streams plus reward credtis you get from each day and each special dungeon you run. If you are T9 as the other user then you should have at least 50 keys for this event. Why is the issue then? Are you not have to get 50 chances to get lots of enchanting materials? or Are you looking for a way to hoard hundred of keys so you would get enought materials for life?

I would understand if this would be a thread to argue how unfair this is for new players, because they start from T0 and have no other means to get keys but buying from other players or buying from cash shop, but the thread is not to argue that, is arguing about you and others feels like you don't get more keys for free as you got before from Sea Chest. Funny thing is that you could only get one per day per character, so I am to asume you and others farmed them throught alts and maybe it would be the only content you would run, then of course this would hurt your interest, because you now get a slim amount of keys compared at how much you got before throught CS played with alts.

I think you should state all your thoughts about why we should get more ways to get keys before anything.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Not that matters anyway, Tera Rewards Emporium is for both kind of players, those who play without spending money in the game and those who spend money in the game.

You and the other user that answer in your behalf just as you have done for him also, have been in this game for a year or more, both of you have received for free about 50k reward points and about 10k reward credits the last year, if you sum that at your progress in game I don't see any issue for you to get at least FREE 50 keys for each strongbox event that we had in the last year, maybe if your game account is as old as your forum account you should have struggled in the first strong box event last year but by now you shouldn't if you really cared for keys enought to think the best way to get them.

10k reward credits from streams plus reward credtis you get from each day and each special dungeon you run. If you are T9 as the other user then you should have at least 50 keys for this event. Why is the issue then? Are you not have to get 50 chances to get lots of enchanting materials? or Are you looking for a way to hoard hundred of keys so you would get enought materials for life?

I would understand if this would be a thread to argue how unfair this is for new players, because they start from T0 and have no other means to get keys but buying from other players or buying from cash shop, but the thread is not to argue that, is arguing about you and others feels like you don't get more keys for free as you got before from Sea Chest. Funny thing is that you could only get one per day per character, so I am to asume you and others farmed them throught alts and maybe it would be the only content you would run, then of course this would hurt your interest, because you now get a slim amount of keys compared at how much you got before throught CS played with alts.

I think you should state all your thoughts about why we should get more ways to get keys before anything.

Please stop trying to derail the topic by suggesting that someone is multi-logging to direct a conversation.

Tera Rewards Emporium is not a valid F2P method to obtain a viable amount of keys to participate in the event due to how long it takes to obtain the tier and reward credits required to obtain the keys.

New players and F2P players who have not spent the YEAR farming the rewards emporium are absolutely excluded from this event unless they throw either real life or ingame currency at the event to hopefully obtain items that will significantly increase their gear progression.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Tier 7 did in a year without working for it hard. Grabbed today 50 keys there and sold with ones i had before, total ~70. Still think that "event" is just pointless for most part of players (with ne included). And with condition of the game itself - constant fails with start time of events, the little to none creativity in events and their rewards before and reducing the population of game as result - this is in general a silly idea to make it. Only grows depth between whales a common players more and more. Just another poke to painful spot if our player base called "lack of events".
  • Totally P2W, if they had the Sea chests, it wouldn't but since they removed em... Rip. Also, those rewards are [filtered] OP, x15 diamonds... So they are giving away 150k...
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys ya know when was the moments when you could earn these keys with moderate effort and... TEAM WORK?

When CS rewarded one per win on a Sea Chest.
    I even participated during those times on those strongbox events, either selling keys or opening boxes.

Not anymore.

Please stop trying to derail the topic by suggesting that someone is multi-logging to direct a conversation.

Tera Rewards Emporium is not a valid F2P method to obtain a viable amount of keys to participate in the event due to how long it takes to obtain the tier and reward credits required to obtain the keys.

New players and F2P players who have not spent the YEAR farming the rewards emporium are absolutely excluded from this event unless they throw either real life or ingame currency at the event to hopefully obtain items that will significantly increase their gear progression.

That's what I tell you to include more of your thoughts on this, because your first post was more like neglecting the fact that we can get keys for free with out spending money.

The real issue would be for players that doesn't spend enought time in the game and for players that are relative new in the game.

It is a whole diferent thing to argue we don't have ways to get keys for free than to say who are the ones who really are affected from the removal of sea chests.

And about your "Tera Rewards Emporium is not a valid F2P method to obtain a viable amount of keys to participate in the event", I have to dissagre, only if you are those who play about 1 hour per week or if you are relative new in the game, from the amount of credits we got free from EME and from rewards you should be able to afford almost 50 FREE keys.

Now you would have to say what amount of keys are "a viable amount of keys to participate in the event".

For me in this last post of you your are only showing greed on how fast and easy you want things from events.

@ouhkjlhkjgjkhgb you are wasting your time, first be sure to read what others have wrote, I never talked about advantages or disadvantages with you, I always put in your face the fact KEYS CAN BE OBTAINED FREE IN GAME and you are the one trying to run away when you got owned.
  • I feel kinda bad for Spacecats. "We want more events! When is strongbox event?" and then "Strongbox event is P2W how dare you!"

But hey, maybe if you raise enough of a stink they'll add keys back to PvP somehow.
    edited January 2018
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Soffyasd wrote: »
    Totally P2W, if they had the Sea chests, it wouldn't but since they removed em... Rip. Also, those rewards are [filtered] OP, x15 diamonds... So they are giving away 150k...

That will vary on the jackpot RNG chance.
    Assuming it isn't extremely rare (due to the prize not being particularly high), it is better to give a little to more players than a lot to a few players.
    In my opinion.

Would have been nice to have Emeralds on the loot table as well.

Yes, this would have been better, lower prizes and more prizes with more chances to obtain some of them.

This current strongbox event doesn't look to apealing because the prizes are excesively good and we already know this is a reason to put them behind a big wall of RNG.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Doubt you can win anything even in 100 keys.
  • edited January 2018

That's what I tell you to include more of your thoughts on this, because your first post was more like neglecting the fact that we can get keys for free with out spending money.

The real issue would be for players that doesn't spend enought time in the game and for players that are relative new in the game.

It is a whole diferent thing to argue we don't have ways to get keys for free than to say who are the ones who really are affected from the removal of sea chests.

And about your "Tera Rewards Emporium is not a valid F2P method to obtain a viable amount of keys to participate in the event", I have to dissagre, only if you are those who play about 1 hour per week or if you are relative new in the game, from the amount of credits we got free from EME and from rewards you should be able to afford almost 50 FREE keys.

Now you would have to say what amount of keys are "a viable amount of keys to participate in the event".

For me in this last post of you your are only showing greed on how fast and easy you want things from events.

@ouhkjlhkjgjkhgb you are wasting your time, first be sure to read what others have wrote, I never talked about advantages or disadvantages with you, I always put in your face the fact KEYS CAN BE OBTAINED FREE IN GAME and you are the one trying to run away when you got owned.

Most people right now can not get your 50 free keys from the emporium. I really think you're oblivious to how it works...
    Blerg wrote: »
    I feel kinda bad for Spacecats. "We want more events! When is strongbox event?" and then "Strongbox event is P2W how dare you!"

But hey, maybe if you raise enough of a stink they'll add keys back to PvP somehow.

Yeah I agree, but he believes that F2P has access to keys.

JHfRptF.png

I'm not trying to distort what spacecats said, simply repost a screenshot of what has been said.
    edited January 2018
    Doubt you can win anything even in 100 keys.

Probably you are right.

Rewards on events shouldnt be this big, it lead us to think is not but a cash grab, it demotivate us from participate in ti, it make us think the chances to get a prize will be so low that even 1k keys wont be enought.

And for me it is even worst because the prizes are only in-game materials and no mounts, accesories or costumes inside them.

:c
  • Noobsloth wrote: »
    Blerg wrote: »
    I feel kinda bad for Spacecats. "We want more events! When is strongbox event?" and then "Strongbox event is P2W how dare you!"

Yeah I agree, but he believes that F2P has access to keys.

JHfRptF.png

I'm not trying to distort what spacecats said, simply repost a screenshot of what has been said.
    Yeah, I mean, fair enough. Newer F2P players can get a handful from rewards store, but compared to the stacks of 40 or 50 or whatever that long time players/whales can buy through rewards shop (not to mention cash shop) its not very much. Technically true but I'm sure it doesn't feel good.
  • Leave it to elinusagi to always make an arguement.