Strongbox Event is P2W

124

Comments

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    papy10k wrote: »
    what about that p2w guy that donated thousands of dollars to enmase ? that guy has 30k keys

    You should thank that guy because his charity made several players to have fun killing vergos on that event.

    And so far I remember that money wasn't for EME at all. (you are talking about that event right?)
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    > @ElinUsagi said:
    >
    >
    > Probably you are right.
    >
    > Rewards on events shouldnt be this big, it lead us to think is not but a cash grab, it demotivate us from participate in ti, it make us think the chances to get a prize will be so low that even 1k keys wont be enought.
    >
    > And for me it is even worst because the prizes are only in-game materials and no mounts, accesories or costumes inside them.
    >
    > :c


    exactly. I understand that they wanted to attract players to buy keys to have our money but people neither stupid nor suffer from memory lack : we all know how big rng is and how low chances are especially when it comes to "win your dragon now!!" events.
    imo they just killed their own profit by such rewards as they just will scare away.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    Most people right now can not get your 50 free keys from the emporium. I really think you're oblivious to how it works...
    Blerg wrote: »
    I feel kinda bad for Spacecats. "We want more events! When is strongbox event?" and then "Strongbox event is P2W how dare you!"

    But hey, maybe if you raise enough of a stink they'll add keys back to PvP somehow.

    Yeah I agree, but he believes that F2P has access to keys.

    JHfRptF.png

    I'm not trying to distort what spacecats said, simply repost a screenshot of what has been said.

    He doesn't believe, he is aware the fact keys can be obtained for F2P players.

    You can not deny that, because it is the truth.


    Edit:

    EME has been giving free reward points and credits almost each week, some weeks more than others.

    Since this was introduced on our region EME has gave about 92k reward points and more than 18k reward credits per player who have used their codes.

    If you have about 2 years on the game you should have no issue to get keys from emporium. If you are a dedicated player with about 1 year on the game you shouldn't have this issue either.

    That's why I said several times in my other post that the issue is for relatively new players or those who spend almost no time in the game.

    I never cared for keys myself but if I really were I would have spend my time rising my tier level on Emporium because you also get Reward credits when you reach a new tier. :)

    I am not oblivious at how it works, I am pretty sure that a dedicated player can get the most of emporium than someone who spend money on the game but not look at emporium at all.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Since the op admitted they don't really care about the prizes, this thread seems like just a cry, because they can't cash in on the keys for gold. If they were easily available to f2p players, they'd most likely only be dungeon drops, which don't help solo players. The rewards emporium allows f2p players to get plenty of keys. Last year, I cashed in and got over 30 keys. You're just mad that this isn't another event that caters to the dungeon spammers, because you're starting to get really spoiled in dungeons.
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    Most people right now can not get your 50 free keys from the emporium. I really think you're oblivious to how it works...
    Blerg wrote: »
    I feel kinda bad for Spacecats. "We want more events! When is strongbox event?" and then "Strongbox event is P2W how dare you!"

    But hey, maybe if you raise enough of a stink they'll add keys back to PvP somehow.

    Yeah I agree, but he believes that F2P has access to keys.

    JHfRptF.png

    I'm not trying to distort what spacecats said, simply repost a screenshot of what has been said.

    He doesn't believe, he is aware the fact keys can be obtained for F2P players.

    You can not deny that, because it is the truth.


    Edit:

    EME has been giving free reward points and credits almost each week, some weeks more than others.

    Since this was introduced on our region EME has gave about 92k reward points and more than 18k reward credits per player who have used their codes.

    If you have about 2 years on the game you should have no issue to get keys from emporium. If you are a dedicated player with about 1 year on the game you shouldn't have this issue either.

    That's why I said several times in my other post that the issue is for relatively new players or those who spend almost no time in the game.

    I never cared for keys myself but if I really were I would have spend my time rising my tier level on Emporium because you also get Reward credits when you reach a new tier. :)

    I am not oblivious at how it works, I am pretty sure that a dedicated player can get the most of emporium than someone who spend money on the game but not look at emporium at all.

    I can confirm.. i got 300+ keys just from Tera Emporium thanks to the codes given every friday on Tera Streams, since the last strongbox event.. i havent spend a single dollar buyin emp or gold buying keys...

    So imagine how much keys u can get if u start investing the gold you make from playing the game at buying additional keys from broker...

    People like the OP are just crying in vane..
  • I stated that I cared about the prizes being the items required in gear progression. I said that I didn't care in that moment because my words were taken out of context in a manner that was trying to derail the topic.

    This thread is stating that f2p does not have access to the keys unless they buy them from the broker or from the shop. The tera rewards emporium is not an option due to the fact that it takes a good year to level it up to a point where you can purchase keys. So the event is not F2P friendly at all.

    I'm NOT saying to hand out keys like candy at Halloween, im trying to say that there should be other options in this event alone for players who have not purchased or stocked up on keys to be able to participate somewhat. That may be 2 keys this weekend or a billion, that number doesnt matter to me. I just want a different option to obtain the keys.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    I stated that I cared about the prizes being the items required in gear progression. I said that I didn't care in that moment because my words were taken out of context in a manner that was trying to derail the topic.

    This thread is stating that f2p does not have access to the keys unless they buy them from the broker or from the shop. The tera rewards emporium is not an option due to the fact that it takes a good year to level it up to a point where you can purchase keys. So the event is not F2P friendly at all.

    I'm NOT saying to hand out keys like candy at Halloween, im trying to say that there should be other options in this event alone for players who have not purchased or stocked up on keys to be able to participate somewhat. That may be 2 keys this weekend or a billion, that number doesnt matter to me. I just want a different option to obtain the keys.

    Then you already lost your own discussion because KEYS CAN BE OBTAINED FOR F2P PLAYERS WITHOUT SPENDING A SINGLE CENT IN THE CASH SHOP. That is a fact.

    And your point is only making an assumtion that you are a relatively new player but you arent.

    Now, about the "im trying to say that there should be other options in this event alone for players who have not purchased or stocked up on keys to be able to participate somewhat", yes I agree with that.

    Maybe EME giving a teaser of one key per day you access when the event is on is a good way to temp people to get part on it and spend cash on buying more... ups, I remember you are against that, you really want to horde lots of keys to get those massive prizes.

    Why not be against this event at all? For sure I agree this event have a jack pot that can be considered excesive for those who get it.

    Why not to be against of something that would make people to play less the game, I mean, 15 diamonds? 6k golden talents? 6k silver talents? 200k metamorphic emblems? Do you really are not against such massive rewards that promotes being AFK because you could force your way to a decent tier of gear without doing nothing if you get lucky?

    This event is not only unfair for those who doesn't spent cash but also for those who spend cash and don't get a jack pot at all.
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭✭
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    The tera rewards emporium is not an option due to the fact that it takes a good year to level it up to a point where you can purchase keys. So the event is not F2P friendly at all.

    You need to be minimum tier 2 at the emporium to have acces to the 5x Stongbox key for 450 credits... getting to tier 2 is really easy if u grind iod a couple of times...

    Seriously, my alt account is tier 4 and i havent even done a dungeon.. i just submit codes every friday and voila..

    So imo thats not a valid argument... but yeah.. i get that having an extra way to get keys like CS use to be is good.. but you can't say we have no acces to keys...
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    "not friendly to f2p" is not equivalent of "not existing for f2p".
    you dont need to have high tiers to get keys either. they are obtainable from low tiers too just in another amounts but frequently. from 4 iirc (if not even 2). and tier 4 is possible to farm in less than 4 months if you really want to. That wont give a pile of keys ofc. But i doubt that if they would exist in dungeons that would be about 2-3 star dungeons that main part of players F2P does and ofc not in that amounts that will let you stock up 100+
    Dont think that if they would be obtainable via any other way that would be "easy money" for you. Ofc they wouldnt.
  • @OP No one cares. It's not your game. And if this is the only game you play, you need to expand or go get more hobbies irl so you don't get your lil' panties so twisted over sh-t that doesn't matter at all. Peace.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    LLHFY9GNF5 wrote: »
    @OP No one cares. It's not your game. And if this is the only game you play, you need to expand or go get more hobbies irl so you don't get your lil' panties so twisted over sh-t that doesn't matter at all. Peace.

    kek

    much peaceful such comment
  • Before the event was announced keys were dirt cheap.. Literally run a dungeon buy a key or two x16 dungeons per char...

    (16 dungeons)(4 alts)= lots of keys, catch you have to actually play and farm.

    the price of keys went up due to the event.......
    guess what they will go down after the event.......
    guess what your strategy should be then........
    go hoard keys........

    The whole idea that its impossible to gather keys without swiping is ridiculous. Takes impressive self imposed [filtered] to disregard the TB and the tera rewards emporium.
  • Before the event was announced keys were dirt cheap.. Literally run a dungeon buy a key or two x16 dungeons per char...

    (16 dungeons)(4 alts)= lots of keys, catch you have to actually play and farm.

    the price of keys went up due to the event.......
    guess what they will go down after the event.......
    guess what your strategy should be then........
    go hoard keys........

    The whole idea that its impossible to gather keys without swiping is ridiculous. Takes impressive self imposed [filtered] to disregard the TB and the tera rewards emporium.

    You know that's exactly what i've been doing. I didnt make this thread for me. I made it because I saw one of my friends talk about how the keys are not obtainable.

    The tera rewards emporium takes a very very long time to accumulate rank and rewards points. The only way to efficiently accumulate those points is a year worth of grinding or swiping your credit card. I don't think thats how an event should work.

    Without an addition of a way for players to obtain keys the event is totally p2w.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    lol?
    Do you even read sometimes?
    You got responses that you dont need a year to pick keys from starting 2 tier that is very easy and fast to obtain.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    Before the event was announced keys were dirt cheap.. Literally run a dungeon buy a key or two x16 dungeons per char...

    (16 dungeons)(4 alts)= lots of keys, catch you have to actually play and farm.

    the price of keys went up due to the event.......
    guess what they will go down after the event.......
    guess what your strategy should be then........
    go hoard keys........

    The whole idea that its impossible to gather keys without swiping is ridiculous. Takes impressive self imposed [filtered] to disregard the TB and the tera rewards emporium.

    You know that's exactly what i've been doing. I didnt make this thread for me. I made it because I saw one of my friends talk about how the keys are not obtainable.

    The tera rewards emporium takes a very very long time to accumulate rank and rewards points. The only way to efficiently accumulate those points is a year worth of grinding or swiping your credit card. I don't think thats how an event should work.

    Without an addition of a way for players to obtain keys the event is totally p2w.


    You can know tell him the proper way to get them FREE.

    Most of the events we had for more than a year have not been friendly for low level characters, the last events we had were more of a cash shop event thatn anything, and if you think about the christmass golden gift box event that was way more p2w than this because you cant get a golden gift box if that was not bought with real money.

    This even is not friendly only for those who are new players and those who didn't care to get keys by anymeans, it is not a totally p2w event like christmass at all.
Sign In or Register to comment.