[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Strongbox Event is P2W

1235»

Comments

• lol?
    Do you even read sometimes?
    You got responses that you dont need a year to pick keys from starting 2 tier that is very easy and fast to obtain.

There's 2 things you need to get keys in the emporium....

THE RANK or REWARD POINTS - takes no time to level up to lvl 2. No doubt about that.

THE REWARD CREDITS - The stuff you use to obtain the keys. THIS IS THE ISSUE WITH THE SHOP.

Do you understand now? Can I stop repeating myself.

There is no efficient accumulate REWARD CREDIT to actually PURCHASE the stuff you want in the emporium shop. The only way to obtain those points is to use spacecat's codes and the emporium dungeon.

You get Tera Reward POINTS for the dungeons in the vanguard list, not REWARD CREDITS.

I really believe you all do not understand the emporium shop at all.
  • Noobsloth wrote: »
    You know that's exactly what i've been doing. I didnt make this thread for me. I made it because I saw one of my friends talk about how the keys are not obtainable.

The tera rewards emporium takes a very very long time to accumulate rank and rewards points. The only way to efficiently accumulate those points is a year worth of grinding or swiping your credit card. I don't think thats how an event should work.

Without an addition of a way for players to obtain keys the event is totally p2w.

You grind for emporium points to buy keys like you grind for tokens to buy enchanting mats.
    You grind dungeons and farm everything for gold to buy keys from TB like you would grind for gold to buy emeralds and diamonds.
    What your friend is really complaining about is that its not instant gratification and that grinding is not so much fun.

Play the game to get items not to hard to understand, and if you dont want to play but want the items have a job and swipe.

If you really wanna be annoyed at these events think of the people that dont play anything but the broker sitting on millions of gold buy the keys in bulk (thousands of keys) for 400-800 gold and resell them during events like these for double or triple profit per key.

• I don't want keys given to me; playing CS was not free keys. CS games probably average 15+ mins a game, some longer and some shorter obviously, but you're still active for that whole period.
    Getting keys through f2p means is significantly harder than getting them through cash, especially with the removal of sea chests, which was a guaranteed avenue as long as you win. Idk give us back sea chests, BHS is dumb for that removal.
    Like in the Star Wars Battlefront situation - you can unlock all the characters through f2p means a la grinding, it would just take someone 40 something days where the alternative is swiping 15 dollars for the loot boxes.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    There is no efficient accumulate REWARD CREDIT to actually PURCHASE the stuff you want in the emporium shop. The only way to obtain those points is to use spacecat's codes and the emporium dungeon.

You get reward credits when you rise your emporium tier.

And let me share with you an efficient way, that would be playing the game and focus on content that increase your Tera Reward Tier and doing content that will give you credits.

Edit: EME have gave since Emporium was introduced enought reward points to reach T6 if you used all the codes they have shared on their streams, also enought Reward Credits for you to have done about 300k gold from stuff in the Emporium shop. If you add the credits you receive when rising your teir on Emporium at that point you could have done almots 100k gold with the stuff you could get with them.

How many keys you could have bought with 400k gold I wonder? 1.2k keys?

I will asume your friend is new to the game, that would be the reason he doesn't have a way to get keys other than relaying on others or cash shop.

But now you can tell him how to be prepared for the next strongbox event we may have, usually EME made at least 2 per year so he has time to rise his emporium level and save credits from codes, or even better sell stuff from emporium because even the 50 keys bundle from emporium is a bad choice when there are more things that are worth more gold than 50 keys and with not much diference on credits cost.

Dare to say there are two items there that can be sold for enought gold to get about 150 keys when there is not stronbox event.
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭✭
    Noobsloth wrote: »
    lol?
    Do you even read sometimes?
    You got responses that you dont need a year to pick keys from starting 2 tier that is very easy and fast to obtain.

There's 2 things you need to get keys in the emporium....

THE RANK or REWARD POINTS - takes no time to level up to lvl 2. No doubt about that.

THE REWARD CREDITS - The stuff you use to obtain the keys. THIS IS THE ISSUE WITH THE SHOP.

You get Tera Reward POINTS for the dungeons in the vanguard list, not REWARD CREDITS.

I really believe you all do not understand the emporium shop at all.

Since the last strongbox event happened until today... i farmed over 300+ keys just with the codes that Spaceats gave every friday!... Those codes give Tera Credits to BUY stuff from the emporium AND also give TERA REWARD POINTS to level up your tier..

Only with that i got that many keys.... and if u are so desperate for MORE keys... then there are other ways also like investing gold into the broker... to buy additional keys and get thousands of them...

Can i also stop repeating myself?
  • Noobsloth wrote: »

I dont think you understand its an investment in time.
    FARM TIER POINTS ~ Made to be hard, not gonna get easier prbly
    Once TIER Level is high enough ~ Farm Credits, DAILY, EVERY DAY, LOGIN GO FARM, RINSE REPEAT
    Use credits to buy stuff to sell for gold or straight buy keys
    Repeat

Nobody gonna give out more credits than they do now.
    Earning credits is not an elite perk, nor is it a p2w strategy
    You have to actually play

I mean your friends complaints have been heard, what does he consider fair? Maybe give him 500 keys and he will stop complaining?
  • SatevaSateva ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    GGRMHMXFA6 wrote: »
    "How exactly is EME going to make money if not for making events so that people buy items from the store?"

For years strong box keys were obtainable VIA CS(it used to pop with in 5 mins). People in game would save these until a strong box event, any one who did it once a day on at least one character could count on having at least 100 keys for the next stong box event.

Ironically this encourages people who normally would not swipe for more keys with cash because of a fallacy. "I didn't get one good thing, there for my next 100 boxes is most probably going to yield something" or "I'm on a roll! Damn out of keys! I'm getting so lucky I would be crazy not to swipe!"

It would be more than safe to assume this event, (with out even giving us a relevant strong box) will be less profitable for eme than when keys were available as they were before.

This classic tactic always had people swiping hard on keys to sell or gamble on, it was more or less a win win situation.
    But, with out giving us a little taste for free, less people are going to grab that RNG gambling hook, making this round of this classic event, a lose lose.

Ememe is not the brightest these days. >u<

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Whines of a lazy boy who wants everything on a silver plate.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Wew! I managed to get 2 diamond jackpots from 800 keys. Ty for the event!
  • Whines of a lazy boy who wants everything on a silver plate.

Lol you've done nothing in this conversation but name calling and attempt to derail the conversation.

I'm not whining, this thread is a suggestion to add something to the event enabling others to participate. With the option of getting keys from sea chests being removed the keys are not obtainable in f2p friendly manner.

Whining and suggesting options to improve an event are two very different things.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »

If that was the only you got from 800 keys then you lose a quite amount of gold you could made from selling them.
  • That's cute. Come on over to Blade and Soul and I'll show you some ACTUAL pay to win.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    > @Noobsloth said:
    > StitchedSoul wrote: »
    >
    > Whines of a lazy boy who wants everything on a silver plate.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol you've done nothing in this conversation but name calling and attempt to derail the conversation.
    >
    > I'm not whining, this thread is a suggestion to add something to the event enabling others to participate. With the option of getting keys from sea chests being removed the keys are not obtainable in f2p friendly manner.
    >
    > Whining and suggesting options to improve an event are two very different things.

name calling?you must have belong to those not rare category of people who like little girls sees name calling and toxicity in everything.
    you can grab a medal now and be proud that you gave suggestion. Need applause?

you still seems living in mirage and dont dont understand : tera isnt place for easy stuff.
    and your suggestion would lead to your next words after that they are actually not always dropping and...require effort again!
    sorry but if you want easy stuff then you chosen wrong game.

from all ways that have now and are used by all common ppl you ofc need third, the hardest way. Without realizing that for your way you also would have to work.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    NikuroTega wrote: »

If that was the only you got from 800 keys then you lose a quite amount of gold you could made from selling them.

I think this point is what a lot of people are missing about the strongboxes. The jackpot rate is so abysmally low, you're better off selling the keys off to people who want to gamble. 2 diamond jackpots out of 800 tries is terrible (0.25% odds?). If the keys were sold, then you could have made about $800,000. $800,000/$12,000 = 66 diamonds. For P2W people, 800 keys would be at least $470 if I'm doing my math correctly.

Of course, this logic can be applied to any loot boxes. Which is why I refuse to waste my time and money on them.