[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

Remove everything from characters for 1 day.

Hello , i'm here to ask , if you could just for one day , unbound everything in ours characters , many of us have tons of dead characters with expensive mounts and costumes/gear and being able to use it on our mains would be awesome. Please post your opinions on this matter if you agree or disagree , i wil love to read what everybody think about it. Please don't post hatefull comments here , i just want a nice conversation and listen to your thoughts.
«1

Comments

  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    A million dollars would be better to wish and more likely to come true.
  • edited January 2018
    While i agree with you , we could never know , Strong box event happened. Might give it a try
  • edited January 2018
    Exactly, i have tons of dead alts with lots of costumes , that i'm not even going to use it anymore , same with mounts and gear. They could make so that you can't sell your stuff with the free unbound , so you would have to either save it or use it on your mains.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    EG9W6AAHPP wrote: »
    Exactly, i have tons of dead alts with lots of costumes , that i'm not even going to use it anymore , same with mounts and gear. They could make so that you can't sell your stuff with the free unbound , so you would have to either save it or use it on your mains.

    now THAT is an information that is missing on your OP post which makes it a lot more likely to happen. Literally you can just shuffle around your stuff if you want, but not sell it, and only once.

    I was gonna disagree (not cause I actually don't want it, but exactly because I know it would have bad implications), but if it's still account (or even server) bound, then it's fine, and would help people make more alts, which in turn, may actually bring some costume sales, as you've already set foot into that world, and I'm one to say it: once you go cute, you can't go back. You WILL want more costumes (heck my Elin Gunner had costumes since Lv 3, a 2017 maid one since Lv 30 or less). I do have an Elf gunner which I just don't delete because of her costume, could very well make yet another alt with that.

    I don't see this impacting negatively the market, as if you actually want something you DIDN'T have, it ain't changing anything. It might in fact just improve sales, kinda like giving freebies on supermarkets: you like it, you get more.
  • How will they lose profit ? This will turn out to be good , if you please the plebs(which i'm one) you keep your playerbase for a couple more months.
  • edited January 2018
    Good point ElinLove , i will edit it on my first post. I also don't see how this will impact the market since they can just make it so that you CAN'T sell it, some may think : " well what if i already have a +7 SC and i want to sell it and i get a free unbound" , now that's where the (You can't sell it with the Free Unbounding comes). I believe this would end up making players gain trust about EME and hang in game a lot more than they used to.

    Edit : Apparently i can't edit first post so rip
  • The2scimmzThe2scimmz ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I've always wondered why cosmetics weren't just account bound so they couldn't be traded once worn but you don't need 4 of the same outfit for your alts.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »
    That's a stupid idea because
    a) they will just lose profit
    b) you're asking for a shitstorm, people won't be able to get on etc. It will cause chaos

    I don't see it that way, because (answering by topic, considering unbind but untradeable):
    a) they're not injecting anything into the market. All you had, is still yours and yours alone. All you can do is change your stuff around. If you still play all characters and don't want to swap anything, no issues for you, nothing changes. They're not also giving chance to sell used stuff, it's only yours.
    b) It's not something that requires permission, you're not giving/taking away something, nor is it a name or your appearance being changed without your consent, it's just item properties. They can just apply it, and let it applied. Or just drop some item on Item Claim, one for each of your characters or one bankable, whatever, that you use and select what to unbind, it only works once per item (also Items acquired/equipped until the date of the event only, so players can't buy new stuff and use twice), and done.

    Obviously it can lead to bugs, but the only issue I can imagine is some costume hoarders throwing tantrums here that "hurr durr I won't sell anything anymore! It's the end of economy!" meanwhile no one got anything they didn't have so if they do want a costume for two characters, they still need to have two copies - I can imagine many people not wanting to buy again a costume they have on a dead alt, because of the simple waste of money to pay for it twice, once wasted the second time true use. So it's not like the costume was gonna sell anyway. Whoever if you do like both characters, you WILL buy it twice anyway.

    Unbinding stuff and leaving it tradable would likely give issues market-wise, you can literally sell used stuff, and that way less people need to get the new ones from En Masse = ain't happening.
    But for unbound untradeable, I can't see much issues.
  • edited January 2018
    The2scimmz wrote: »
    I've always wondered why cosmetics weren't just account bound so they couldn't be traded once worn but you don't need 4 of the same outfit for your alts.

    ...it's so that you need 4 of the same outfit for your alts. If that weren't the case, they'd be more expensive (and/or they'd charge you to move them from one alt to another, as with BnS). As someone with lots of alts I'm not saying that I like this strategy... but it's pretty clear that this is why they're doing it.

    ElinLove wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    That's a stupid idea because
    a) they will just lose profit
    b) you're asking for a shitstorm, people won't be able to get on etc. It will cause chaos

    I don't see it that way, because (answering by topic, considering unbind but untradeable):
    a) they're not injecting anything into the market. All you had, is still yours and yours alone. All you can do is change your stuff around. If you still play all characters and don't want to swap anything, no issues for you, nothing changes. They're not also giving chance to sell used stuff, it's only yours.

    What changes is that you no longer have to buy the costume again for your alt, as you would have had to do otherwise under the current scheme. So that's why they will "lose profit" as CornishRex said.

    So, as we've discussed many other times on this forum, the only way to offer this sort of service and have it make sense for them is if they charge something for it.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I'd prefer to be able to move un bound (never been bound) gear between servers than to be able to un bind stuff to use on another alt same server as I have a ton of account mounts ,so they don't matter ,and I have a heap of gear I acquired but never used
    Besides no 2 of my alts on same server are same race or class
  • Do you guys believe that they will lose so much profit with just one day thing?
  • So then why not make an item that unbounds them, but keeps them locked to your account? That way you can put them on another char.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    > @EG9W6AAHPP said:
    > Do you guys believe that they will lose so much profit with just one day thing?

    Yes I do
    You buy one item for your account instead of one for each toon , they loose the other sales or increase the price
    Increase the price will cause less to be interested in buying 1 , people complain about prices now

    Not that I disagree with the idea , but that's how I see the reasoning
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    > @BlackHeartNoire said:
    > So then why not make an item that unbounds them, but keeps them locked to your account? That way you can put them on another char.

    I like this idea , but then every thing would need to be re coded so you buy a costume , it would now be needed to suit all races not just the one its first used on
    Or the way I see it it would increase the amount of support tickets .... I want this changed for my alt xxxx today please chang now
  • EG9W6AAHPP wrote: »
    Do you guys believe that they will lose so much profit with just one day thing?

    It's not something they can just "switch off" for a day anyway, and the amount of grief doing a limited-time event would cause would way exceed any benefit.

    If they were going to ask BHS to program anything related to this, it'd probably be a cosmetic rebind item they can sell. (But even then, as was already mentioned, you also have the race-lock/gender-lock problem.)
Sign In or Register to comment.